http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for anyone getting disk errors/freezes on the 360  (Read 469 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »

I posted about this in one of the other threads but I don't think too many people saw it. I am curious about the dirty disk/unreadable disk or even the freezes. If you are getting any of these errors, how is your 360 set up in regards to power? My unit was fine until I started playing Burnout and I had three dirty disk errors in a short span last weekend. I changed my setup from a simple powerstrip to a UPS with automatic voltage regulation and have not had any errors since. Granted I haven't played Burnout in long multi hour sessions but I wonder if I am on to something or have just been lucky. I made the switch after seeing a long post about power issue and voltage irregularities causing 360 problems on the xbox.com forums.
In my case, I also had a portable heater plugged into the same strip and this overloaded my ups by itself. I have moved that out so I am not sure if that played a part either.
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

Ever since the original XBox the "dirty disk" error has been the default error that covers a lot of ground.  So, it is certainly possible that the system was not getting enough power and gave you that error.  Your fix would have seemed to have solved that problem.  Keep in mind that some games have more disk access than others, and running the DVD drive all the time would increase system power usage.  So, not all games would cause a power draw issue.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:33:45 AM »

I have a lot of crashes and dirty disc errors unfortunately, and I think I will ahve to RMA it soon.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:38:04 AM »

I've had quite a few as well, and the fan on mine is getting hella loud.  It's weird - sometimes it plays games just fine, and other times I'll boot the exact same game it I won't even be able to touch my 360 in five minutes it's so hot....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: