http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:19:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Puzzle Quest for PC - No One Interested?  (Read 911 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:43:19 AM »

Been waiting to see this topic light up in here and it hasn't frown

Puzzle Quest for the PC was released a couple of days ago. Designed by Steve Falkener of Warlords fame. There has been a PC demo out for some time but first time round this just didn't hook me in. Second time round - maybe because I now know the game is now on PC i'm loving it, can't stop playing it despite TF2 and WIC pulling me as well.

RPG - Meets bejeweled, not that i've played bejeweled. Game seems to develop from story line to being able to take over cities, capture prisoners etc.

Definite recommended to check out

http://www.infinite-interactive.com/puzzlequest/

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »

There was a topic going on it a week ago or so, over here: http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php/topic,22634.0.html

Personally, I ended up downloading it from XBox Live Arcade for some reason. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:48:33 AM »

Ahh I missed that - that post seemed to just die frown Then again I wasn't involved in it  drool

Certainly its proved a good buy on my side for pc - with no xbox and not really wanting it on my children's ds it was a bit of a no brainer. For those interested i used gamersgate - the patches from the main site just worked fine, no different patches etc. Would like to try the MP out - the lack of a lobby or game browser if a bit of a killer for that one.

Tals

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

I got it via XBLA as well.  Great game!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

I picked it up for PC.  It makes a good work-break distraction.  Unfortunately for me, I'm studying for my CCNA cert, so anything that distracts is verboten.  Study study study...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »

I got burned out on the excellent PSP version. It's too bad they didn't release it on PC simultaneously with the others. It really made no sense to have a demo on PC (!) initially and then wait this long to actually release a full version on it.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 26, 2007, 01:14:07 PM

I got burned out on the excellent PSP version. It's too bad they didn't release it on PC simultaneously with the others. It really made no sense to have a demo on PC (!) initially and then wait this long to actually release a full version on it.

What he said for me exactly only replace PSP with DS. If they had released the PC version within a few weeks of the DS/PSP release, I would have bought it. Too late now. But, if you don't have it and don't care about playing anywhere, get the PC version.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »

Quote from: JCC on October 26, 2007, 01:22:11 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on October 26, 2007, 01:14:07 PM

What he said for me exactly only replace PSP with DS. If they had released the PC version within a few weeks of the DS/PSP release, I would have bought it. Too late now. But, if you don't have it and don't care about playing anywhere, get the PC version.

The part I wouldn't mind testing is the MP play - just need to find some other opponents who I have on xfire/steam or msn.

Tals

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »

for me it's a title that's gotten buried under all the under new releases.  I'm planning on just grabbing the DS version now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2007, 02:22:03 PM

for me it's a title that's gotten buried under all the under new releases.  I'm planning on just grabbing the DS version now.

Although my children have a DS - on a personal front I just prefer doing this type of game on the big monitor. Have you played the PC demo?

Tals

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »

Quote from: Tals on October 26, 2007, 02:27:05 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2007, 02:22:03 PM

Although my children have a DS - on a personal front I just prefer doing this type of game on the big monitor. Have you played the PC demo?

Tals

yeah, when it came out awhile back.  I liked it but right now if I turn on my PC I end up being sucked into NWN2 or TF2, and theres Hellgate/Witcher (and various 360 games) coming up soon which will take up more time.  with the DS I can sneak in playtime at work and other places when I'm not at home.

Because I can,
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »

Nice thing about the DS version was that it's a perfect toilet game.  I could fit 2-3 battles into the course of an average bowel movement.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 12:07:01 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on October 29, 2007, 10:50:14 PM

Nice thing about the DS version was that it's a perfect toilet game.  I could fit 2-3 battles into the course of an average bowel movement.

just be careful not to drop the stylus  eek

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: