http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:37:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP - What 2010 games should I look at?  (Read 277 times)
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »

Last PSP game I picked up was Little Big Planet. Mostly been playing my pc and ds lately but redug out my PSP to play some more LBP and other older stuff.

Any must have/play 2010 games for it?

Think I'm mostly looking for strategy or rpg. I did see Legends of War - Patton Campaign that looks interesting. Combat reminds me of Warhammer Squad Command, which I liked. Any thing else similar to these 2 combatwise? Looking for something different from FF Tactics style, which I have and enjoy too.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:52 AM »

Quote from: Creepy_Smell on February 15, 2011, 02:56:53 AM

Last PSP game I picked up was Little Big Planet. Mostly been playing my pc and ds lately but redug out my PSP to play some more LBP and other older stuff.

Any must have/play 2010 games for it?

Think I'm mostly looking for strategy or rpg. I did see Legends of War - Patton Campaign that looks interesting. Combat reminds me of Warhammer Squad Command, which I liked. Any thing else similar to these 2 combatwise? Looking for something different from FF Tactics style, which I have and enjoy too.

If you enjoyed FF Tactics, you should give Tactics Ogre:  Let Us All Cling Together a look (it comes out tomorrow).  It's the precursor to the original FFT game, and is made by basically the same team.  In fact, most of the mechanics for FFT came directly from Tactics Ogre.

I'd also highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles II.  While the setting and story didn't really grab me, its combination of turn-based and real-time combat was superb.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:49:07 AM »

Have you tried Phantasy Star Portable 2? Online RPG as well as singleplayer with AI-controlled partners to fill our your team.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »

I would second Valkyria Chronicles II, and if you like action games then God of War is a can't miss.

I have Patton's Campaign, and I will be doing a full review of it. It's not bad, but it does have its problems

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: