http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:53:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP size comparison and new videos  (Read 2409 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2005, 02:24:37 PM »

biggrin

Pretty freaking small smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 02:46:51 PM »

http://www.kurnspatrick.com/movies/psp.wmv

http://www.kurnspatrick.com/movies/3king.wmv

A few new videos.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 07:48:52 PM »

Wow, it's all screen. And it does make the DS look a little clunky. Props to the designers.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 07:50:53 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Wow, it's all screen. And it does make the DS look a little clunky. Props to the designers.

While I do think the PSP has a nice design and is small. Even with the DS having 2 screens, I still wouldn`t call it clunky :wink: .
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 08:33:17 PM »

Watching the in-game video clip, I'm beginning to wonder how games are going to play without a second control stick. That horse riding game was just screaming for camera control. A big selling point for the PSP is that it can play games that are basically on par with a PS2 - but the PSP's control scheme is pretty much just like an SNES' controller.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 08:54:40 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"

While I do think the PSP has a nice design and is small. Even with the DS having 2 screens, I still wouldn`t call it clunky :wink: .

I would... the SP was such a great design, it's as if the DS designers looked at it and said "OK, let's do the OPPOSITE!"  :lol:
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 08:18:09 AM »

After spending about 2 hours playing with a PSP today (Thank You Activision), I can say that the thing is freaking gorgeous.  The analog stick is a bit awkward at first, but man....it's sweet. biggrin
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 02:27:51 PM »

Watching the in-game video clip, I'm beginning to wonder how games are going to play without a second control stick. That horse riding game was just screaming for camera control. A big selling point for the PSP is that it can play games that are basically on par with a PS2 - but the PSP's control scheme is pretty much just like an SNES' controller.

Ditto...not having camera control is one of my big pet peeves, and I can see this causing some problems.  I would have much rather had a slightly bigger unit with dual analog capabilities than not.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 07:00:58 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

I would... the SP was such a great design, it's as if the DS designers looked at it and said "OK, let's do the OPPOSITE!"  :lol:

The DS is like the SP, just bigger really. I like the design. I can`t imagine how it would/could work any better really.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 07:50:11 PM »

Engine, I'm surprised Sony didn't ram a second little analog stick on the right side, below the buttons ... but then that may have meant more internal workings than I could appreciate, making the unit much bulkier than desired.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 04:46:50 AM »

My god i forgot how big my Gamegear was.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
My god i forgot how big my Gamegear was.

Forget the Game Gear, look at the Atari Lynx! And that's the second generation model they have a picture of. The first generation was even bigger.

And it was a portable that was so ahead of its time... 3d gaming on a handheld, back when the world was black and white on the Game Boy.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 08:29:55 PM »

Holy crap, that's gorgeous.

How the hell am I going to resist purchasing one?   :?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 09:28:23 PM »

The only reason I am not all over this like white on rice is because I can really only find one launch game I want. The second Final Fantasy X-79PSP version comes out I will probably pick it up smile
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
The only reason I am not all over this like white on rice is because I can really only find one launch game I want. The second Final Fantasy X-79PSP version comes out I will probably pick it up smile
I dunno, Mercury looks like the new Marble Madness and Lumines looks like an early must-have.  Then there's Untold Legends, which could be awesome, and MGS: Acid, which could be awesome as well.

And a month after release there's Death Jr, which looks great.

I might pick one up this summer when I have a little extra spending money...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 09:49:58 PM »

I'll probably pick it up one day - Metal Gear and Final Fantasy freak that I am. But I'm going to wait a while for either: 1) the thing to drop in price, or 2) they come out with a way to play PSP games on the TV (like the Game Boy Player). THEN I open up my wallet.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »

Nice videos!!!

Only 2 1/2 more weeks!!!!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 08:30:13 PM »

It is beautiful!! I can't wait for this baby, at last almost no time left of wait!!!

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005, 04:20:12 PM »

I have one on reserve at EB games but I am thinking of not picking it up since I dont feel like buying the package deal. I usually dont use portable gaming devices unless I am on vacation and my next trip isnt till Sept so I will probably just buy one closer to the trip when they let me buy the unit by itself. looks great and I am dying to play ridge racer and wipeout pure on it.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »

We'll have a preview of sorts of the PSP soon, by the by.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 08:46:38 PM »

I`ve been hearing that you will be able to buy it ALONE without a bundle about two months or so after it comes out.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 09:20:23 PM »

I`ve been hearing that you will be able to buy it ALONE without a bundle about two months or so after it comes out.
Yeah, maybe from EB or something.

You can pre-order just the hardware from most electronics stores (CC, BB, CompUSA, Fry's) with no problem.

I for one am not going to preorder.  I'll just head over to one of the never-visited places like ToysRUs and such when I have the money to buy one.

I remember when the GBA-SP came out, EBs and Gamestops all across town were sold out without a clear idea when they'd be back in stock (but they'd take your money, no problem!)  Disappointed, I stopped by ToysRUs on an errand to get my nephew a birthday present for his party the next day.  TRU had more GBA-SPs than I could count, with several units of each color.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 01:35:15 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I'll just head over to one of the never-visited places like ToysRUs and such when I have the money to buy one.

Toys R Us are the worst of the bundle groups. You can't pre-order from them without getting the 5 game bundle (of games I have zero interest in even). I bought my original PS2 from them (in store) on opening day, you could only buy bundles. I wouldn't think the PSP will be any different.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 01:57:07 AM »

Quote from: "Lee"
Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I'll just head over to one of the never-visited places like ToysRUs and such when I have the money to buy one.

Toys R Us are the worst of the bundle groups. You can't pre-order from them without getting the 5 game bundle (of games I have zero interest in even). I bought my original PS2 from them (in store) on opening day, you could only buy bundles. I wouldn't think the PSP will be any different.
I got a day-one PS2 from TRU with no bundle problem.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: