http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 10:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP screen protection  (Read 989 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2005, 01:37:40 PM »

Hey gang. Whats the latest word on screen protection?

Like Ralph-Wiggum said in another thread, the Pelican screen ($5 bucks at Best Buy) applies easily enough but makes the screen look grainy. It isn't honestly all that noticeable when playing a game/movie but looks bad on static screens or with large areas of solid color.

I can certainly live with this, but if there's a better option I'm all ears.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 02:31:17 PM »

I ordered this protector from Brando workshop in HK, and couldn't be happier.  It comes with two, either a sheet that covers just the screen, or one that extends further and protects the area around the buttons and d-pad.  I went for the bigger one, and other than it being a pain to get the screen dust free before I put the cover on, it went on easily.  It's very clear, no distortion.  It ships from HK, but only took about a week to get to me.

I like it so much I'm tempted to buy their hard cover that looks almost exactly like the Logitech one that isn't released yet.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »

Thanks for the tip.
I'll give you one in return biggrin
The Logi case IS out. I am very pleased with it.
Looks great. Feels solid. Reasonably priced, IMO.
It does add both some weight and bulk though. I could see that being a significant factor in long play sesssions, but I'm not liable to play for hours at a time.

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:55:42 PM »

I had a screen protector disaster. I first got the pelican one and was dissatisfied with the way it dimmed the brigtness of the screen. I ordered another brand online that supposedly was much more lucid, but I totally flubbed my attempted to put it on the screen. It then instantly began to pick up dust and dirt. No problem, I thought, this thing is supposedly washable. I tried washing it, but all that did was remove the protectors ability to stick back to the screen. Argh! Anyway, I'm currently not using a protector. I do, however, have the logitech case which I love, and it does a good job of protecting the screen when I'm not playing.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 03:00:06 PM »

I have the Hori screen protector and it works like a charm.  Easy to apply, doesn't "move around" like some complaints I've heard about other screen protectors, and still maintains great viewing quality.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:10:24 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"

Where can you buy it?  I can't find it on bestbuy.com, and the logitech website still says it'll notify me when the product is released.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 03:10:26 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
I had a screen protector disaster. I first got the pelican one and was dissatisfied with the way it dimmed the brigtness of the screen. I ordered another brand online that supposedly was much more lucid, but I totally flubbed my attempted to put it on the screen. It then instantly began to pick up dust and dirt. No problem, I thought, this thing is supposedly washable. I tried washing it, but all that did was remove the protectors ability to stick back to the screen. Argh! Anyway, I'm currently not using a protector. I do, however, have the logitech case which I love, and it does a good job of protecting the screen when I'm not playing.

Was that the Javo one?

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"

Where can you buy it?  I can't find it on bestbuy.com, and the logitech website still says it'll notify me when the product is released.

I've seen it at Gamestop and EB (bought it here because Gamestop had sold out since I saw it the first time). Availability seems to be spotty so snatch one if you see it.

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"

Was that the Javo one?

No, it wasn't that one... I'll have to go through my trash later to figure out which one it was.  :wink:

Oh, and btw, I bought the logitech case online from Gamestop.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 03:15:11 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
I have the Hori screen protector and it works like a charm.  Easy to apply, doesn't "move around" like some complaints I've heard about other screen protectors, and still maintains great viewing quality.

There's no graininess in it at all?
I've yet to see this one in stores.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: