http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 04:17:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Questions  (Read 5809 times)
Jago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005, 09:45:21 PM »

Quote from: "hepcat"

i remember seeing SOMETHING about that, but for the life of me i can't seem to see where this problem could occur on my psp.  so far, with the exception of no backlit buttons, i've been happy.  the button placement seems pretty good and they appear to be fairly sturdy.

The thing about it was, the button was placed off center of the potentiator.  This cause later problems with that particular button.  So it wasn't something cosmetic, but would happen w/repeated use. I am glad, however, that you saw this too, at least I know it wasn't a figment of my imagination  :?
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 10:37:49 PM »

Is there any way to change the menu color? I've read through the menual 3 times and I don't see it.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 11:03:44 PM »

The menu colors change automatically with each month.  I read somewhere that April's color is Pink.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 02:12:51 AM »

Pink???? :shock:

Deal breaker. :wink:

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 08:03:57 PM »

Quote from: "Reed"
Any recommendations on screen protectors?

I've heard good things about the eXim screen protector, but I can't find anywhere to buy it aside from eBay via Australia.

This Brando Protector looks pretty slick, it comes with both a regular sized screen protector and one that covers all the way over the buttons as well.

Browsing around, it seems like people recommend this  brand a lot.

NuShield is my favorite by far for PDAs, but they don't have a PSP version at the moment.  They've made one for the DS, which might mean there's a chance for a PSP version.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2362,CONTENTID=10181

i've seen this case in action...VERY nice.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 09:04:51 PM »

Is that case sold anywhere yet?
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »

Any ideas if there will be a magazine devoted to the psp?

Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2005, 07:00:34 AM »

When is that logitech case coming out? I have a cheap little screw on case right now just to cover the screen. It works pretty well and looks allright, but I would like something better if I can find it. That logitech one definatly peaks my interest. When is it coming out?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »

Logitech one should be out in mid-April.

I have the screw on one right now and it works pretty well in the mean time.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2005, 04:33:06 PM »

I'll second a recommendation for the screw on case top. I find it small enough so that it's not a bother, and it doesn't add much to the form factor (the only thing that concerns me about the Logitec case). It was also ony like $10 for the case top and some UMD disk holders.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2005, 08:11:28 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Logitech one should be out in mid-April.

I have the screw on one right now and it works pretty well in the mean time.

I have the same one I think smile. Mine screws in at the top and tehn flaps down to cover the face of the psp. Not a bad setup, and definatly works while I wait for the good logitech one. The only problem with it is that the cover obstructs the use of the shoulder buttons a little bit. I cant have it completely back while playing, I have to have it about half ways.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2005, 01:09:11 AM »

Also, to add about that screw in cover, if you screw the side closest to the eject button in too much you cant eject your disc. Scared me the first time I did it. You have to keep that side a little bit loose. That is teh biggest problem I have with it, but other then that it seems to be doing its job allright.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »

I got the Logitech case today and I'm a bit dissapointed. The PSP just kinda sits in there and it's a bit bulky-er than I thought it would be. Seems like it's outstanding in the protection aspect though. Nothing really wrong with it but maybe I was expecting too much...

You guys might want to stick with the face cover unless you really beat the crap out of your PSP on a daily basis.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
OK - I'll try!

-You connect to your PC with one of those USB cables that have a small end on one side. I'm sure there's a real name for it but I don't know it. The Japanese PSP came with that cable.

The name for it is mini-USB.

Sorry...you're looking for the term:  Firewire.  If it is the connector I believe it is, it's the same connecter that was on the front of the PS2 for the link cable support.  Sony is fond of Firewire.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2005, 04:45:27 PM »

No. Firewire is a totally different animal. PSP has USB 2.0. He's talking about one of the small USB connector ports like you find on cameras.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

Oh...cool. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2005, 03:58:06 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
No. Firewire is a totally different animal. PSP has USB 2.0. He's talking about one of the small USB connector ports like you find on cameras.

I stole my wife's camera cable and it works great. I believe the cable is a "mini B" plug on the PSP side.

Oh and an update on the screw-in cover. My right screw must be a tad too short cuz it somewhat stripped out and doesn't screw in at all now. The left one is holding tight though. So I'm definitely upgrading to the Logitec case.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2005, 07:05:06 PM »

You guys might want to stick with the face cover unless you really beat the crap out of your PSP on a daily basis.

I got the Pelican screen guard and it sucks. It applies to the PSP just fine, but it makes the screen look dim and slightly grainy. I'm going to replace it with something better soon.

Edit: doh! I posted this from my brother's account. This is Captain Caveman.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: