http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:26:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP pics ... holy *@#$%^&*!!! (56K warning)  (Read 10000 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2005, 01:01:07 PM »

PSP vs DS ----  FIGHT!

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=34569&subsectionid=753

The DS gets it's ass handed too it by the PSP in this head to head comparison.

GRAPHICS
Visually both the PSP and DS put the Game Boy Advance to shame but there’s still a big difference between Sony and Nintendo’s new boys. The PSP has PlayStation 2-quality graphics that look pin-sharp on its big screen – it’s fast, flashy and very impressive. The DS is more on par with the N64, a machine that was cutting edge over five years ago.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2005, 04:01:43 PM »

Nothing in the first page comparison convinced me it was objective. He downplays Nintendo's strengths and gushes over the PSP's selling points.  You're embarrased to be a geek playing a nintendo handheld but not a Sony?

For those who aren't fan-boys, it seems to me the story has been vey simple:

PSP: Better graphics, bigger screen.  Bad battery life, questionable durability.  VERY high cost.

DS: Great 'ease of use', durable (and designed by a company that has been doing this for a decade), unique features.

The software library for either isn't a selling point...yet.  DS has been out for months, and only a few good games have come out.  PSP titles don't seem to appeal to everyone. This is something we will have to wait and see on.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2005, 01:56:14 AM »

I think, in the end, quality software is going to be the deciding factor (at least for us gamers  smile )

I bought a DS at launch and have tried most of the games that have come out for it. Out of those I would say that only Zoo Keeper is a great title, with Touched and Mario having their moments (well, the mini-games in Mario anyways) That's a pretty underwhelming start--and this from someone who really wanted it to succeed right out of the gate. Looking to the future, there are a few titles like Advance Wars, Animal Crossing and Pokemon (NOT Pokemon Dash -- a proper Pokemon RPG!)  that are promising, but I get the distinct feeling that this will be another Nintendo platform where we wait for months in between quality games.

The PSP, on the other hand, has a very impressive lineup of games coming. We'll have to wait on reviews for many of the launch titles (I am particularly leery of the EA sports titles), but I'd be willing to bet that there will be at least a half dozen or so of the 24 launch titles that score in the 80-90+ range (Ridge Racer and Lumines being my top picks) After launch, the PSP has a VERY impressive lineup of games coming: Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy (down the road) and a slew of others. I don't think it will be valid to say that the PSP doesn't have the "genre of game I like", because it will have plenty of games of every genre!!

And let me tell you, just wait til you see that screen!!! :shock:  :shock: biggrin

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2005, 02:28:51 AM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
I think, in the end, quality software is going to be the deciding factor (at least for us gamers  smile )

I bought a DS at launch and have tried most of the games that have come out for it. Out of those I would say that only Zoo Keeper is a great title, with Touched and Mario having their moments (well, the mini-games in Mario anyways) That's a pretty underwhelming start--and this from someone who really wanted it to succeed right out of the gate. Looking to the future, there are a few titles like Advance Wars, Animal Crossing and Pokemon (NOT Pokemon Dash -- a proper Pokemon RPG!)  that are promising, but I get the distinct feeling that this will be another Nintendo platform where we wait for months in between quality games.

The PSP, on the other hand, has a very impressive lineup of games coming. We'll have to wait on reviews for many of the launch titles (I am particularly leery of the EA sports titles), but I'd be willing to bet that there will be at least a half dozen or so of the 24 launch titles that score in the 80-90+ range (Ridge Racer and Lumines being my top picks) After launch, the PSP has a VERY impressive lineup of games coming: Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy (down the road) and a slew of others. I don't think it will be valid to say that the PSP doesn't have the "genre of game I like", because it will have plenty of games of every genre!!

And let me tell you, just wait til you see that screen!!! :shock:  :shock: biggrin

I`ve played a PSP(at EB) it really just doesn`t do anything for me. I have a cube, xbox, pc and ds. If you noticed I don`t have a ps2. Most of the psp games are similar to what`s on the ps2. And I guess that`s just not my cup of tea.
 And seriously those launch games DO NOT impress me. Metal great solid card game...I don`t like metal gear solid(minus the 1st one) and while the games graphics are good, it just doesn`t look fun for me at least. The racers don`t look that good either, other than gt mobile. And that is really not my kind of a racing game. And then the other stuff looks blah.
 I`m not saying it`s a bad system...but for the price it`s going for, and the fact that I don`t want a mp3 players, movie players and moving parts on a handheld gaming machine...I just don`t see why many people are going nuts over it.
 I like innovation. The touch screen and the duel screens are really interesting. There is SO much potention here it`s crazy. I think even if most of it never sees the light, we`ll still see great amounts of new, fresh ideas. Add in my backlog of gba games playable on the machine and I was sold.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2005, 02:32:23 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
The PSP lauch games are mostly shit anyway.

*cough* fanboi *cough*  :wink:

Seriously though, I don't know how you can claim the PSP launch games are mostly shit. I think this is one of the most impressive launch lineups for a system, handheld or not, ever.

Compare it with the launch lineup of the DS....now that was mostly shit. I bought the DS, not for DS games (since there are basicly none that interest me at all right now) but for the GBA games.

They are all mostly shit imho. There`s alot of them...I won`t deny that. It`s the quality I think that will be lacking.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2005, 05:36:13 AM »

My fiance was going to get me an mp3 player for my wedding present (Zen Micro or iRiver H10), but I've now told her that I would like a PSP instead.  Luckily the Media Play in town had some 1st batch pre-orders left and she took care of it today!  I travel a lot with my new job and this will be a perfect thing to gaget to have.

I can't wait!

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2005, 03:46:37 AM »

And I meant to add, whoever said that the psp is closer to ps1 graphics than ps2 is out of their mind.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: