http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:17:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP online  (Read 931 times)
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2005, 05:30:41 AM »

Anyone know when the PSP games multiplayer will work? I have wipeout, untold legends and soccer, and non of their multiplayer works. When is this going to happen? Anyone know which games are working online right now and when the rest will be working? I want some multiplayer!
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 06:55:31 PM »

The only one Im sure that has multiplayer now is Twisted Metal. There may be others.  I was disappointed that Wipeout didnt have true internet multiplayer.  Guess I should have researched that better. Im not sure that it will ever have it or not.  Still a great game and the system is pretty cool.
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:04:08 PM »

Quote from: "Kurt Stevens"
The only one Im sure that has multiplayer now is Twisted Metal. There may be others.  I was disappointed that Wipeout didnt have true internet multiplayer.  Guess I should have researched that better. Im not sure that it will ever have it or not.  Still a great game and the system is pretty cool.

Yeah same sentiments here.  It not having internet multiplayer is a bummer but it is a great game.  One funny thing I stumbled across - if you go to the stats page it has practically everything you've ever done recorded.  Pretty dang cool!  SO you scroll down to see everything . . . scroll and scroll . . . and the very last stat is: "Time spent looking at the stat page"   :lol:

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 08:05:54 PM »

Don't mean to get a little off topic but I didn't want to start yet another PSP thread.
How does the multiplayer work anyway? Do you have to pay for another online serivce or something?
I'm thinking about getting a PSP for the road but how does it get online? With the N-Gage you have to pay for internet service for the phone to get online (mine is $25 a month unlimited but it also includes web browsing, email and text messaging) and of course the n-gage is an atari 2600 compared to the PSP.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 08:22:37 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Don't mean to get a little off topic but I didn't want to start yet another PSP thread.
How does the multiplayer work anyway? Do you have to pay for another online serivce or something?
I'm thinking about getting a PSP for the road but how does it get online? With the N-Gage you have to pay for internet service for the phone to get online (mine is $25 a month unlimited but it also includes web browsing, email and text messaging) and of course the n-gage is an atari 2600 compared to the PSP.

The PSP requires a wifi hotspot to use online, and at the moment, it can't deal with those that you need to log on using a http page.

I guess that means that you're limited to home wireless for now.

You can play against others in the same room using the ad-hoc wifi mode.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 08:58:08 PM »

Metal Gear Ac!d (and that's the last time I'm spelling it in that stupid way; Driv3r, I'm looking in your direction) is infrastructure online, but you have to play a few missions to unlock the mode.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 09:25:41 PM »

Quote from: "adamsappel"
Metal Gear Ac!d (and that's the last time I'm spelling it in that stupid way; Driv3r, I'm looking in your direction) is infrastructure online, but you have to play a few missions to unlock the mode.

I believe to mission 6-8 or along those lines.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 06:25:36 AM »

Hmm. For some reason I thought wipeout and untold legends and others had online mp. Shoot, oh well. Im loving every single one of my games so far. I picked up twisted metal today and played it online. What a blast! So far its the only online game I have.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 08:26:36 PM »

If you have Wipeout, you can use it as a web browser.  Involves changing the DNS to point to somewhere other than the default "Coming Soon" page I think.

I hope there are more internet games coming out soon for PSP, I don't really want to play Twisted Metal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: