http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 01:15:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Games that I wish were available...  (Read 946 times)
Scott
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:59:57 PM »

The PSP has a lot of potential, which is why it frustrates me so much.  There are lots of games that I wish would show up on the system, and shouldn't be to hard to port (or create)   I'll start with my #1 desired PSP game:

Disgaea - Why hasn't this been ported over yet?  For that matter, any of the Disgaea like games.  Disgaea certaintly didn't push the PS2 to the limits, and was simple to control.

Another game I'd like to see make the jump is Dragon's Quest VIII.  Another relatively simple game that doesn't push the PS2 hardware but its great.

I even want NFL Head Coach.  EA ports every other title to every system in the world (except the Dreamcast), so where is this one.  Granted, NFL Head Coach may not be great, but I think it'd be fun on the PSP.

What else should Sony move/create on the PSP?[/b]

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:25:18 PM »

Well, I'd imagine that EA wants to test the water with Head Coach and see if people hate it before investing in a handheld platform.  We'll probably see a sequel. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 11:36:11 PM »

Lego Starwars 1/2 *need* to be ported over to the PSP.  Make it happen.

So whatever happened to Gran Turismo PSP?  We got a nice screenshot or two a few years ago, and now I don't remember hearing anything about it at this year's E3.   Knightshade, any info?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »

Port the Dragon Quest V remake.  I already have DQ VIII on the PS2.

Nobunaga's Ambition.  Hell, I'll take Romance of the Three Kingodoms if I have to, but none of that magic shit.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  I already played it on the Saturn, PSX, and now on my PC via emulation so why not?

A good SRPG.

A Gex compilation.  Hey, I liked Gex!

I guess the ability to play PS1 games on the PSP is a big draw.  I can replay the REAL Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts again.  Along with Castlevania: SotN of course.

I'm sure there are more but those are off the top of my head.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"

So whatever happened to Gran Turismo PSP?  We got a nice screenshot or two a few years ago, and now I don't remember hearing anything about it at this year's E3.   Knightshade, any info?

I think the focus shifted to "Lets make these games downloadable via the PS3".  That, and Polyphony isn't exactly quick to bring anything to the shelf.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:47:02 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Disgaea - Why hasn't this been ported over yet?  For that matter, any of the Disgaea like games.  Disgaea certaintly didn't push the PS2 to the limits, and was simple to control.

I thought I heard they were porting this, or a game similar to this, or a sequel or something, at last e3.

My prayers have been answered with a MGS game.

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 01:19:42 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"

Lego Star Wars 2 is indeed coming out for PSP.  It is the platform I plan to buy it for.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 01:23:23 AM »

Put all three of the PS1 Spyro games on a single disc and I'd wait in line all night to buy it.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Put all three of the PS1 Spyro games on a single disc and I'd wait in line all night to buy it.

Spyro is one of my guilty pleasures.  It's such a fun game.  Not too hard so it's kind of like a zen thing, just vegging out with my purple dragon.  The graphics I thought were phenomenal.  Perhaps not the most detailed, but the textures were quite nice, almost flat shaded in their simplicity.  It looked almost like a N64 game, but with nice textures and much better resolution.

At the end of the day the games were a lot of fun to play.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

I already have DQ VIII on the PS2.

I'd love to be able to pause DQ VIII and take it on the road.  Just not enough time to really get into DQ VIII at times, as it takes a while between save points.  It'd be the perfect game to just play for a bit, pause, then keep playing!

I don't necessarly need Disgaea either, but any of the great PS2 strategy RPGs.  Where are they on the PSP?  The PSP has gotten a lot of other ported crap, so lets see some of the good stuff.  Lets see some of those earlier PS2 RPGs as well, not the lame PSP rpgs we've gotten so far.

It is frustrating to watch a pretty cool device, the PSP, get such poorly ported garbage for it!

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Quote from: "warning"

Spyro is one of my guilty pleasures.  It's such a fun game.  Not too hard so it's kind of like a zen thing, just vegging out with my purple dragon.  The graphics I thought were phenomenal.  Perhaps not the most detailed, but the textures were quite nice, almost flat shaded in their simplicity.  It looked almost like a N64 game, but with nice textures and much better resolution.

At the end of the day the games were a lot of fun to play.

Ah...Spyro. Why can't the new developers 'get' the simple pleasures the PS1 games and make another good game? In addition, Spyro looked great with all the PS2 emulation options turned on. Really looked like a first-generation PS2 game.

Sorta like how Vagrant Story looked so much better with the graphic boost the emulation options gave PS1 games.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: