http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Firmware 3.01 is now emulated with Devhook 0.51!  (Read 872 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:02:21 PM »

Check it out here!  Pretty neat for those of us that would like to use homebrew on the PSP and still be able to buy new games that require a higher firmware.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:48 PM »

Can't get the link to work.  :icon_sad:
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:56:06 PM »

Yeah, that site has been on and off all day.  I could post other links, but I dont want to violate the TOS. 

depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 12:14:09 AM »

omg you can do homebrew on the PSP?  NO F'N WAY!   icon_biggrin

Cool news!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:25 AM »

Bah the last time someone made a post like this I ended up bricking my PSP! >.<  I'm hoping that Sony is going to fix it for me.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 05, 2006, 03:06:25 AM

Bah the last time someone made a post like this I ended up bricking my PSP! >.<  I'm hoping that Sony is going to fix it for me.

You haven't sent it in yet to get it fixed? Or has Sony taken that long to fix it in the first place?

And the hackers win as far as the PSP goes. Didn't take them very long to get around the next batch of 'security' on the PSP.

And finally - I give it a few more days before the hackers figure out how to get Sony's PS1 emulation to work fully on the PSP, too. IE: Downloading the things for free on the 'net.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »

Well I got good news back from my girlfriend tonight!  Sony just sent back a fixed PSP.  It only took about a week and a half.  I chafe at those buggers for ripping me off everytime I buy a Sony product but I have to give them credit for fixing free of charge the PSP that I bricked by trying to install illegal software!  I'm not going to push my luck anymore-no more firmware rollbacks for me! Give me 3.01 any day baby!  icon_biggrin
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 01:40:06 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 06, 2006, 12:34:11 PM

I'm not going to push my luck anymore-no more firmware rollbacks for me! Give me 3.01 any day baby!  icon_biggrin

That, and you more than likely got a brand new PSP, which is immune to firmware rollbacks anyway.  icon_frown

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »

Hmm I dunno about that.  But they told us that it would be totally updated to the latest firmware.  My girlfriend still has it at her place so I havent had a chance to check it out yet.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 06, 2006, 03:47:46 PM

Hmm I dunno about that.  But they told us that it would be totally updated to the latest firmware.  My girlfriend still has it at her place so I havent had a chance to check it out yet.

I'd take a look at the motherboard through the hole where you put the games in. If you see TA-082 (I THINK - I'm not sure on this right now as I'm at work) you're screwed about downgrading, period. It's hard to see, so bring a light, but it's imprinted clearly once you figure out exactly where to look.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: