http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 08:26:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which is better?  (Voting closed: March 14, 2005, 07:07:01 PM)
Psi-Ops - 8 (40%)
Second Sight - 9 (45%)
Generic Poll Non-Answer - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psi-Ops vs. Second Sight - FIGHT!  (Read 1967 times)
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:07:01 PM »

OK, I've got both of these games for my Xbox, neither of which I've touched since purchasing.  Since they're somewhat similar in scope from what I understand, which one should I actually play?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 07:23:59 PM »

Psi-Ops.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 07:45:51 PM »

Psi ops has better gameplay, but second sight has a WAY better story, by far...really, really far :wink: . I`m enjoying second sight, but it`s not perfect, or even close...But it is lots of fun for me though. I had psi ops, but I got rid of it. The physics were great in the game(unlike second sights, which aren`t so great), but past that there wasn`t much to it. I guess it comes down to what you want out of a game. I`ve played so many games with better action than psi ops. But I haven`t played many games(If any...really, so far it`s that good!) with a story better than second sight. I hope that helps. BTW, there is a thread around here somewhere about both of these games. Later.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »

I really enjoyed Psi Ops.

Not a masterpiece, but the physics implementation is quite incredible.

Haven't played second sight.  Might pick it up when it's on bargain...
unbongwah
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 05:14:26 PM »

Psi Ops is arguably the better action game, but I liked Second Sight more.  The story's more interesting (though more for the way it's told than the plot itself), even if it uses the hoary old amnesia schtick; I prefer SS's stylized graphics, especially the exaggerated character designs, to PO's more generic look; there's a bit more variety to gameplay in SS; and for some reason, SS just "clicked" with me more.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 05:18:36 PM »

I didn't play Psi-Ops, but Second Sight was a big letdown outside of the story.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 08:59:37 PM »

I guess depends on how much you paid for it. I got SS for 9.99 NEW at EB just a few weeks ago. I think after HL2 on PC, psi ops big feature, the physics, just seemed far inferior in comparison. That probably took alot of the punch out of that feature, for me at least. And SS had less impressive tech(not much impressed me...), but far more impressive art etc. I also loved the stylized look SS had, maybe at first I didn`t...but it sure grew on me.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 11:32:18 PM »

Psi Ops got to the point where it annoyed me.  To be quite honest I can pin-point it.  The Maze.  I NEVER WANT A MAZE IN A GAME!  I can't stand them especially when I had the walkthru and still couldn't get it right.

Second Sight was a ton of fun.  I think I would prefer it because of the story and the simplicity of the game.  It never got too complex and was just a fun all around game.  They weren't trying to knock your socks off or anything, just solid game play and development.  Although there were a few times when I really couldn't figure out what to do.  Like getting to the projector room.  That took forever, the stealth could use a little work as far as implementation.  I hope to see a sequel.
zuggo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 09:23:55 PM »

i loved second sight! free radical has a great style. i enjoyed the look of the characters and the story was great. good music too. ss was one of those games that just appeared out of nowhere for me and was an absolute blast to play. go john vattic!
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 12:53:20 AM »

Elijah Price:
Psi Ops got to the point where it annoyed me. To be quite honest I can pin-point it. The Maze. I NEVER WANT A MAZE IN A GAME! I can't stand them especially when I had the walkthru and still couldn't get it right.

i hear ya on that!  since i'm always lost in games, i have to use the "maze solution" - it doesn't always work, but it helps a surprising number of times.  just pick a direction and always go that way when you exit a door, opening, or whatever section you just came out of.  i just go left everywhere.  there are some places you go in circles if you do that, but then i (finally) notice it and correct, then go back to going left when back on a new track.  it's tedious, but if you can't figure it out any other way, it can save you!

i'm not even sure if i got as far as the maze you're talking about.  Psi Ops just didn't do much for me, for some reason. it was "okay" is all, and i eventually moved on to Riddick which i'm having a lot more fun with.  it sounds like i may try Second Sight after reading the comments, though.

if anyone is done with Second Sight and wants to sell it, or trade for Psi Ops, put it on the Trading Forum and i'll meet you there! Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 02:46:40 AM »

I loved Psi-Ops, the maze was annoying, but I got through it using the exact idea that mytocles describes above. Only I always went right. I remember it only actually taking me about 5 minutes.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: