http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 12:39:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psi Ops: Fun  (Read 915 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2005, 02:42:59 PM »

Got Psi-Ops from swapyourgames.com and so far it's pretty fun.

The psychic powers are pretty neat and well implemented although some of their end results can be a tad...sick.  The story is pretty interesting as well, but it seems to have some holes in it (that may be explained later).

There's a good sense of humor throughout and the characters are interesting if a bit shallow.

So far there's not that much weapon variety but the implementation of the powers and the environments is very well done.

There have been several 'ah ha' moments.  

Minor Second level Spoiler/ ah ha moment:

You walk into a room and a bullet proof glass door closes behind you.  Poison starts to fill the room and a guard runs into the hallway you just left to watch your agonizing demise and splatter you with bullets should you get our.  What do you do?  WHAT DO YOUUU DO?

Naturally, you use telekenesis to grab the guard, and repeatedly ram him into the door smashing the door and killing him in the process..  Fabulous.

End spoiler.

If you're into 3rd person action games, I heartily recommend this game.  Good fun and a new and interesting take on the genre.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

Totally agree. Psi-ops was one of my very favorite games last year. I played it all the way through and loved every level.

Highly recommended and available super cheap by now. Fans of Deus Ex or any game with multiple approaches to a given problem should jump on this awesome title.
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 06:22:20 PM »

I have been thinking about getting this game since I played the demo a month ago, but I held off because of all the great holiday season stuff.   One thing  that bothered me about the demo:  the levels were kind of tight.  Like lots of hallways.  Are all the levels in corridors?
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 07:36:55 PM »

Not at all. Plenty of diversity in the levels and more than a few huge areas to navigate.

Picking up objects or enemies with your mind and chucking them all over the place is tremendously fun and it never gets old. And the pyrokinesis power is great fun too.
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:59:08 PM »

I just couldn't get into the controls. They were awkward (are ALL 3rd person shooters on the PS2 with the same control scheme?) and I ultimatelly traded it away for something else. I'm waiting for the PC port to give it another shot.

My smile still stays on.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 08:59:17 PM »

Hmmm, stay tuned tomorrow then.  Project Snowblind impressions...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: