http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 01:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS4 headset? Best surround sound headset? other must have accessories?  (Read 369 times)
Morgul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »

I think I can finally get a PS4 without paying extra or jumping through hoops.  I plan on buying it in about 2 weeks.   I also need accessories.  Charger, eye, xtra controller, etc.

My favorite headset (after going through several) for the PS3 was the Sony brand headset. It doesn't have surround sound although I think the new model does.  Its comfortable, no wires, and it just works.

I have been playing ghosts. I need surround sound so I can use amplify effectively.

So, has Sony came out with a new headset for the PS4?   If not, will my old one work?  Should I buy the sony PS3 set that has surround sound and just use it?

Any other bad ass, must have accessories I should consider buying for the new PS4?   I think I am also going to get one of those mini keyboards this time.  I couldn't justify the cost before on the PS3.  But, the PS4 should be around for almost a decade, I want be able to type netflix searches easily.

Sorry for bouncing around topics, But I wanted to check in on my favorite gamers forums to see whats new and what ya guys suggest.

Thanks!

- Morgul

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:34 PM »

My little bit of input is...

The officially charging station I had didn't work. It didn't fully charge them, or said they were and they weren't. Don't know if that a common issue or not. So I went with the energizer brand one and its awesome. Same price too. For me with dogs, using the cable to charge really isn't a safe option all the time. Since the ds4 charge is nowhere near as good as the ds3 was I bought an extra controller and I just swap them. Works perfectly.

As far as the camera goes, right now it's only really good for streaming on twitch. That being said I love having it and I hope it will be useful over the next couple years. I couldn't NOT get it since the generation will be so long like you mentioned. It just seemed worth it.

The headset included is suprisingly good for voice comm, but other than that I'm no help to you on the rest. Good luck! Have fun when you get it. It's a awesome system thus far.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:58 PM »

I'm using the wireless Ear force PX4
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »

Just read that PS4 got updated and can now use the PS3 headsets.  Also supposed to release a new PS4 headset soon, with surround sound, around $100 bucks.

Gold Pulse or something like that.   So, I am going to hold out for it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on February 07, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

Just read that PS4 got updated and can now use the PS3 headsets.  Also supposed to release a new PS4 headset soon, with surround sound, around $100 bucks.

Gold Pulse or something like that.   So, I am going to hold out for it.

It did with firmware 1.60, I've been using my Pulse Elite with my PS4 wirelessly now with the USB dongle. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: