http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 09:44:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 info from press conference  (Read 473 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

This is being updated as we speak http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/15/ps3-press-conference-it-begins/

More as we get it... Update 16--the wrap-up: The PS3 will launch "in early November 2006 in Japan, North America and Europe simultaneously." Incorporating the final specifications of the Blu-ray format will enable "playback of BD software at a high bit rate," with "a maximum storage capacity of 50 GB (dual layer) and robust security." The PS3 will be compatible with all kinds of TVs and a high-speed broadband connection. Update 19 (via 1UP's updated page): DRM was what delayed the launch, but the system will come with a 60GB HDD preinstalled before 11/11/06.

Looks like they will try do a worldwide release.  Looks like pre-ordering won't be a safe bet this time as well

While an exact price was not released, GamersReports claims that a minimum price range was announced, which was nothing "less than 50,000.00 JP YEN" (or "$425.607 USD"). Perform your own up-to-the-minute currency conversion here. Unless the PS3's cheaper in the U.S., that means that the HDD-bundled Xbox 360 will remain cheaper than the PS3 in the States even without a price drop. Link found

Don't know if I can justify this for a console. That's if this figure proves true or close to the mark

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »

criminy, from that list of included peripherals/hardware, i wonder what the price will be!?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 05:29:03 PM »

I suspect they'll be aiming for a $400-$450 price point.  They wouldn't dare hit the dreaded $500 price point.

Did they confirm if the hard drive is included standard?

Also, did they comment on that rumor that the US and Japanese PS3s will use the same standard?  E.g. japanese games can play on US systems and vice versa?
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:33:11 PM »

if that were the case, a cross over of Japanese playabilityt, and US, i would be in.  As it stands right now, I have no interest in 360 or PS3.  but a crossover ability would peak my interest.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 07:40:58 PM »

Quote from: "GGMark"
if that were the case, a cross over of Japanese playabilityt, and US, i would be in.  As it stands right now, I have no interest in 360 or PS3.  but a crossover ability would peak my interest.

As it would mine. Because if that's a massive hit even to the point of being a system selling feature, then it could pave the way for the end of region coding. That my friends means that everyone wins, especially us DVD fanatics. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: