http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:16:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 Disconnects --FIXED  (Read 930 times)
HankRaptor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »

I have been going crazy with my 60 gig Ps3... I have been getting random disconnects with the controllers just about every 5-10 minutes.. just as you are about to make that important leap in Ratchet and Clank. It was MADDENING. It happened with both controllers I had. I refused to send it in for repair to Sony because there was no guarantee I would get my 60 gig back (i want full BC) thats why I paid more for it.

I imported a DUAL SHOCK 3 and played (for the first time ever!) for 2 hours without a SINGLE disconnect! and the vibration is a welcomed addition....

As pissed as I am to have two useless controllers, I am more relieved that it is resolved!

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »

That really doesn't make any sense, as as far as I know, it's the exact same Bluetooth technology inside each revision of the controller.

Sure you didn't patch your console or something else recently?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »

Mine doesn't happen ever 15 minutes, but periodically, the controller will lose connection because suddenly I can't control the game anymore.  Also, when watching movies, if I don't turn the controller off, the menu comes up out of nowhere as if I had pushed the triangle button.  I hear that people who have these problems have them go away when they use the DS3.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

Yep, I have not had one single controller disconnect problem with my DS3.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »

I've never had any problems with either my DS3 or the original controller

btw, is that true if I ever have a problem with my 60gig and need to go through Sony's warrranty, you won't necessarily get a full hardware BC unit back??  are you kidding me
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on February 06, 2008, 03:22:17 PM

btw, is that true if I ever have a problem with my 60gig and need to go through Sony's warrranty, you won't necessarily get a full hardware BC unit back??  are you kidding me

as far as I know they aren't making units with hardware BC at all anymore.  so, unless they have them gathering dust in a warehouse someplace you'd probably end up with an 80 gig or whatever their comparable version that is currently available.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
somoflange
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »

Hmmm. Judging by the laws we have to abide by where I work, I don't think they can legally swap a unit with lower functionality without you signing a release stating you agree to it.

We can ship one with more, but not less.

I too would be interested in hearing where the info came from because I don't plan on parting with my 60 either.

I have heard reports of Sony swapping controllers out though. Have you contacted them regarding just the controllers?

PSN: plantatreeforlee
Live: blastdsamoflanj
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:51:15 PM »

Quote from: somoflange on February 06, 2008, 04:31:45 PM

Hmmm. Judging by the laws we have to abide by where I work, I don't think they can legally swap a unit with lower functionality without you signing a release stating you agree to it.

We can ship one with more, but not less.

but what happens if they just don't have something with more functionality?  maybe they'll just send a PS2 with it  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »

I can understand Sony wanting the whole unit back because they may suspect it's a problem with the receiver which would be contained in the main unit. However, the fact that your new DS3 controller works fine should eliminate that possibility. It may however just be procedure to get the entire PS3 to check both ends of the problem.

I'm in agreement with others on the legal side of unit exchanging. I'm fairly certain that in both the USA and Canada if you provide a manufacture warranty on a product you must maintain a certain level of stock if your warranty will provide for unit exchanging. If Sony suggests swapping your existing PS3 for 1 with more limited functionality, well then it would be time to register a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and any other consumer advocacy group.
somoflange
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

California is particularly strict on this type of thing and requires businesses to maintain repair stock for 7 years.

Most companies keep back a stock of systems and parts for warranty purposes. There are likely a few thousand 60 GB motherboards and systems in a warehouse somewhere specifically for this purpose. As far as I know there isn't any requirement to ever provide a NEW system, just a refurbished one.

We have actually had to buy back large numbers of units from educational facilities to be able to meet our legal repair obligations - we gave them upgrades so we could buy back old crap and repair the stubborn customer's units.

PSN: plantatreeforlee
Live: blastdsamoflanj
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

A friend of mine is getting his 60 GB PS3 replaced under warranty for a problem where his system locks up all the time. When he called Sony Customer Service, he was told that if it gets replaced, it will be with a 60 GB refurb unit.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »

Where did you import the DS3 from and how much was it?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

I got it off Amazon for 70.00

IT was from a seller in CA. I highly recommend it 4 hours in no disconnects and the rumble is a nice bonus!

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »

Quote from: HankRaptor on February 06, 2008, 01:32:33 PM

I have been going crazy with my 60 gig Ps3... I have been getting random disconnects with the controllers just about every 5-10 minutes.. just as you are about to make that important leap in Ratchet and Clank. It was MADDENING. It happened with both controllers I had. I refused to send it in for repair to Sony because there was no guarantee I would get my 60 gig back (i want full BC) thats why I paid more for it.

I imported a DUAL SHOCK 3 and played (for the first time ever!) for 2 hours without a SINGLE disconnect! and the vibration is a welcomed addition....

As pissed as I am to have two useless controllers, I am more relieved that it is resolved!

I've had random disconnects too not as often as you but every so often gets annoying.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: