http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 10:27:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS2 Online / Splinter Cell  (Read 835 times)
infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:00:31 PM »

Just picked up one of the new slim ps2's with built in networking. My old ps2 stopped working 15 months ago or so, and I never replaced it. There are some Ps2 games I am itching to play, so I grabbed one.

How does the online part work? I am assuming it's free, unlike xbox live, perhaps more like a pc game? I've got everything I need to connect it, I just have not done it yet.

Also, has anyone played Splinter Cell online with a Ps2? I loved playing on Xbox live, but I didn't feel like paying for Live. How does it compare, is it easy to find a game, etc.

infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 01:15:05 PM »

I guess nobody takes their PS2's online.... frown

AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:19:48 PM »

Yes, you should just be able to hook it up and play.  I know nothing about Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow's online play on PS2 other than it is supposedly not nearly as good as the Xbox Live one.

On multiplatform releases I tend to buy or rent the Xbox version.  I don't mind the paying of $50 a year to play on, in my opinion, a superior online experience.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 01:26:40 PM »

a superior online experience.

For me, the superior online experience is that MS has zero tolerance for cheaters.  smile  I can't say that was my experience with games like SOCOM...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 02:10:12 PM »

Well, the main reason I ask is that I don't have convenient access to my Xbox anymore, I am 100% Ps2 right now.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a shot sometime.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 04:45:03 AM »

Quote from: "infoghost"
Well, the main reason I ask is that I don't have convenient access to my Xbox anymore, I am 100% Ps2 right now.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a shot sometime.

I noticed that. You added me to your friends list, or vice versa. Then I never saw you online :cry: .
 Why no access to Xbox anymore?
infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 11:37:08 AM »

I only had Live! for the two month trial.

I've still got an xbox, I've just decided to move it out of our bedroom so my kids can use it more - my oldest son is getting more and more games for it (the cube just isn't cutting it) and whenever they have friends over, they want to play, but I don't really want them all in our bedroom all the time, so I set it up in the living room for him. I still can use it of course, but I do most of my playing in the bedroom. So I grabbed a PS2 (mine had broken awhile back) for me again. I like the Xbox, but there are so many PS2 games I want to play that the Xbox does not have.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: