http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS2 hack-and-slash with AI allies?  (Read 895 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:50:01 PM »

Anyone know of any games similiar to the Diablo style but where you only control one character, and can pick up AI-controlled allies along the way who will help you fight the enemies?
It gets way too boring being alone for such an open-ended game and from what I've heard, even Champions of Norrath doesn't have anybody helping you. Definitely need to quench my thirst for another Diablo II though.. any ideas?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:09:38 PM »

Demon Stone or X-Men Legends? Not sure if X-Men has the AI coop though. Pretty sure it does.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »

Bards Tale sounds right up your alley.  You summon allies to assist you, and they stay with you until they or you die.  If they die...you resummon them. smile  It's a Snowblind Engine game.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »

Demon Stone fits the bill, but it's super short (about 7 hours).  Definately a rental, not a purchase.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:03 PM »

Quote from: "Kagath"
Demon Stone or X-Men Legends? Not sure if X-Men has the AI coop though. Pretty sure it does.

Yup it does.  If I remember correctly, a new player can join/disconnect the game at any time and take over one of the coop AI spots.  The only downside is that you have to play through a level or two in order to get to the point in the game where you have more than one person in your party top play with.  Not a dealbreaker, but just be prepared to play single player for 15-20 minutes before you're able to break out the coop.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 11:29:48 PM »

Thanks I checked out the reviews on X-Men Legends and it does have coop with AI heroes but apparently the AI is "useless", read through a couple of reviews just to make sure the reviewer wasn't biased and they are all calling the team AI very poor.
Any other opinions?
I'll definitely look into Demon Stone though.

Funny I almost picked up Bard's Tale the other night but I asked the woman behind the EB games counter if she played it and she said yeah and you didn't get anybody to help you in it.. even after reading about summoning help on the back of the box.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: