http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:29:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS2 games on the PS3  (Read 831 times)
MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:22:31 AM »

I was wondering about this.

I have a 40 gig PS3. I am wanting to get Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (which is on the PS2). Does anyone know if it works on the 40 gig PS3?

Well...also, how do I know what, if any, games works on the PS3?

Thanks

Chris

PSN: MythicalMino
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:32:56 AM »

No, none of the 40GB versions have backward compatibility.  The 60GB version has hardware BC, and the old 80GB version has software BC (which supports less games than hardware BC).  The 80GB version that is now being released has no BC. It's very frustrating for people contemplating a purchase in the near future (like myself) who want BC.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 18, 2008, 03:32:56 AM

No, none of the 40GB versions have backward compatibility.  The 60GB version has hardware BC, and the old 80GB version has software BC (which supports less games than hardware BC).  The 80GB version that is now being released has no BC. It's very frustrating for people contemplating a purchase in the near future (like myself) who want BC.

I'm cranky today, so you get my English lesson, Teggy.

Less is used when you're talking about an unquantifiable amount.  For example, "Less Filling."

Fewer is used when the quantity can be defined with a number.  For example, "Fewer calories"  or "Fewer games."

There is a site to check compatibility (http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus), but, yeah, you're out of luck with the 40GB.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 18, 2008, 01:17:47 PM

Less is used when you're talking about an unquantifiable amount.  For example, "Less Filling."

Fewer is used when the quantity can be defined with a number.  For example, "Fewer calories"  or "Fewer games."

icon_lol Try explaining that sometime to the person checking you out of the "15 Items or less" express lane.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:06:50 PM »

There is a site to check compatibility (http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus), but, yeah, you're out of luck with the 40GB.

Ju just gawt pwned.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 18, 2008, 07:06:50 PM

Ju just gawt pwned.

crybaby

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

The 80 gig compatability is pretty flaky btw. I actually ended up keeping my ps2 because I don't trust it.  thumbsdown
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on September 18, 2008, 07:25:36 PM

The 80 gig compatability is pretty flaky btw. I actually ended up keeping my ps2 because I don't trust it.  thumbsdown

What games have you had problems with?
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »

Dragon Quest 8 has sound problems, Metal Gear 2 has sound issues sometimes as well. Those were the first two I tried and both had minor issues which didn't exactly instill me with a lot of confidence in it. If you go to the compatabilty chart thingy you will see tons of minor glitches for a most games that you type in. I'm also having issues with it displaying PS2 games correctly on my screen. Apparently this is tied to me having a CRT HDTV as opposed to a LCD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: