http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:51:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ps2 game gift help  (Read 896 times)
Marik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2004, 11:00:19 PM »

Hey, I've been out of the console scene for a while now, and I need a gift for a friend who owns a Ps2.  All she's got right now is Tekken Tag, and it really isn't her type of thing.

I'm looking for some fun games in the vein of mario cart, mario tennis or diddy kong racing - those simple, fun games you can play with a few other people that aren't too hard to master and are too silly to really take seriously.  COOP options are a plus.  The perfect game is one 4 college students can sit around and play while eating pizza or waiting for the last straggler to join up for a bar run.

Alternatively, if anyone knows any good single player games that don't require a heck of a lot of gaming know-how I'd love to hear some suggestions for those too.  Currently she's booking her way through Mario World on an old SNES, if that gives you a clue as to what she likes.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the help all.  I sort of need a gift by roundabouts 8 pm tomorrow (the 14th) and the wisdom of the old GG crew is all I have to rely on.  Thanks!
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 11:09:35 PM »

Well, aside from the platformers - the Ratchet & Clank and the Jak (& Daxter) series, I can only suggest you try Viewtiful Joe. Unfortunately, it does not have co-op mode.
I'm not into these types of games myself  - aside from Viewtiful Joe which I like very much - so I cannot give you more recommendations. Hopefully someone else will show up soon.[/url]

My smile still stays on.
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 04:07:56 AM »

i second the ratchet and clank series.  especially 3 as it has mulitplayer.  not too difficult to pick up and a agreat single player game.

Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:15:10 AM »

Check out Katamari Damacy.  It only has single player, but it's fun.  And it's only $20.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 01:52:07 PM »

Quote from: "Qbe"
Check out Katamari Damacy.  It only has single player, but it's fun.  And it's only $20.

That was what I was going to suggest.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Marik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 05:38:15 AM »

Hey, just wanted to thank everyone for the input - we ended up picking up  ratchet and clank since it looked silly and she might enjoy it.  Thanks a bunch to everyone though.  I may be returning here as birthdays and whatnot crop up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: