http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:50:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proud moments in your gaming history  (Read 2599 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 05:25:55 AM »

1st completed Super Mario Bro. 1985 I was 9 years old
2nd landing the Lear Jet at LAX from Chicago O'Hare FS95   

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »

Quote from: nymanium on January 20, 2008, 05:44:59 AM

Beating Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy 7, I don't remember how long it took because I actually fell asleep during the fight, but it took a few hours, give or take.

~11.5 hours for me.

Started one morning at 6:30am, paused it at 8:30am to go to work, got home at 5:30pm and then finished it in 10 minutes.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 23, 2008, 01:03:51 AM

I went to my girlfriend's parents' beach house with them for the weekend and brought along Guitar Hero.  They were really enjoying themselves (as was my girlfriend's brother and his friend).  I finally grab an axe, put on "Freya" and show them how it's done on hard.  And I ROCKED.

At the end of the song, I raise my guitar in awesomeness...and I strike a lighting fixture above me.  Glass rains down on me.

It was really embarrassing.  And I got cut on my hand.  But it was awesome, and I'm proud of it.  I wish I would have seen it in 3rd-person, though frown

I wouldn't wanna live my life in 3rd person; with my luck the camera angle would be bad and I'd be staring at my ass the whole time.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 04:47:25 AM »

Quote from: Purge on January 23, 2008, 01:47:30 PM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 23, 2008, 01:03:51 AM

I went to my girlfriend's parents' beach house with them for the weekend and brought along Guitar Hero.  They were really enjoying themselves (as was my girlfriend's brother and his friend).  I finally grab an axe, put on "Freya" and show them how it's done on hard.  And I ROCKED.

At the end of the song, I raise my guitar in awesomeness...and I strike a lighting fixture above me.  Glass rains down on me.

It was really embarrassing.  And I got cut on my hand.  But it was awesome, and I'm proud of it.  I wish I would have seen it in 3rd-person, though frown

I wouldn't wanna live my life in 3rd person; with my luck the camera angle would be bad and I'd be staring at my ass the whole time.

I wouldn't wanna live my life in 3rd person because every time I tried to watch a movie I'd be in my own way.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »

finally beating Foreplay/Longtime on hard drums. I can not tell you the frustration of that brutal intro. Now i've almost 5 starred the song  icon_smile
This will be replaced by green grass on expert guitar, some day. Maybe. I hope. Oh who am I kidding, no it won't.
unbreakable
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 06:07:26 PM »

I still can't say I'm proud of anything I've done in Guitar Hero (for me, survival is it's own reward)  However, there were a few times I was really pleased with myself on Rock Band.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:45 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 24, 2008, 06:07:26 PM

I still can't say I'm proud of anything I've done in Guitar Hero (for me, survival is it's own reward)  However, there were a few times I was really pleased with myself on Rock Band.

Yeah, sometimes I just sit there totally absorbed and am just looking at the screen and it feels like it isn't even my hands playing.

Wait. That could be taken WAY out of context. Bar the door before CeeKay comes in.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »

Quote from: Purge on January 24, 2008, 08:42:45 PM

Yeah, sometimes I just sit there totally absorbed and am just looking at the screen and it feels like it isn't even my hands playing.

Wait. That could be taken WAY out of context. Bar the door before CeeKay comes in.

* CeeKay knocks.

leave it to Purge to hand me an easy one.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gwar21
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 04:26:24 AM »

My most memorable moment was five or six years ago in an public online session of Battlefield 1942.  That game had a lot of memories for me, in large part because even though my reflexes were never better than average, I was still consistently able to rank in the top 5 on my teams due to strategy and the ability to think on my feet (or, in the case of the Coral Sea map, by being a great AA gunner  icon_twisted).  In all the time I played that game, though, one particular session stood out above the others.

In that session, I was playing as an American medic on the Wake Island map with 20+ people on each side.  The Japanese players had taken three of the five camps on the map and were aggressively attacking a fourth.  Ever the sneaky one, and deciding it was likely that the enemy would take the remaining camps before long (my team had been sucking all game), I decided to creep past everyone and head for the Japanese camp that was furthest away from the action, figuring it'd be lightly defended.  Before I got there, though, disaster occurred, and both of my side's remaining camps were taken.  One by one, my teammates were killed off, unable to respawn, and by the time I finally reached the camp I'd set out for, I was the only player left alive on my team.

I got close enough to their flag to initiate a takeover of it and then lay down on a slope to avoid being seen, hoping I could capture it and give my team a rebirth before the Japanese team knew what hit them.  Unfortunately, as I lay there, one of the enemy appeared on the plateau above me, and I knew he'd seen me.  I killed him but heard the footsteps of another approaching enemy, so I ran up the slope and dodged into a nearby hut, seeing yet another enemy soldier fly into the camp via a jeep as I did so.  I knew I had to kill the remaining enemy soldiers before the flag would fall into my control, and I knew I had to do it fast because the rest of their team would be arriving shortly as they learned where the last US soldier had been hiding.  Dodging through the hut, I popped out of a doorway and killed the soldier from the jeep before he knew where to look.  Then, I ran back into the hut and spotted the walking soldier at the other entrance.  We fired simultaneously, and I dodged his shot by moving sidewise while gunning him down.

My teammates had been watching all of this, since their viewpoint was switched to follow me once I was the only remaining person from the team.  When this had started, there were a few words of encouragement, but most of the team had been patiently waiting for me to die so the next session could start.  As I killed person after person, though, everyone started enthusiastically cheering me on, and I could feel the adrenaline rushing as we all started to think I might pull this off.

A jeep flew across the bridge toward my camp, the last ditch effort by the opposing team to stop me.  It was already smoking, though, and I managed to blow it up with my automatic weapon, killing the driver.  As the rest of the enemy army, tank included, reached the bridge approaching my station, the flag at last came under my control and my whole team respawned.  The cheering, if vocals had been part of the game, would've been deafening, and we went on to beat back their offensive and win that game.  I've played a lot of games, and I've made a lot of memories, especially in BF1942, but that last-ditch stand where I single-handedly kept us alive stands out as #1 for me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:31:26 AM by Gwar21 » Logged
unbreakable
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 05:59:59 AM »

Quote from: Purge on January 24, 2008, 08:42:45 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on January 24, 2008, 06:07:26 PM

Actually, I meant that a little less hardcore than it sounded.  I just suck at Guitar Hero, so I've never really been too proud of what I "accomplish".  It is fun, though!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: