http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Zomboid, successor to Survival Crisis Z?  (Read 1166 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:30:04 AM »

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

A while back I was really into a game called Survival Crisis Z, which was a game by Ska Software (most known for The Dishwasher) that was a randomly generated, isometric view zombie survival game.

The game was both very primitive, but also had some gameplay ideas that were well ahead of time. It was also focused on survival as well. Anyway, it never went anywhere so I was sad to see it fade into obscurity, but it looks like these guys are pretty much making the same thing, but with slightly updated graphics, and more gameplay.
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:39:53 AM »

RPS has done a few stories about them. The last story I heard, Google checkout or one of the Paypal like services had frozen their account (with money in it) like Paypal did with Notch. Why are these services so mean to indie developers?
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:50:39 PM »

It looks like things have worked out with google. They are selling some other titles and a purchase of one gets you a lifetime subscription to PZ in the future.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »

Heheh, those other games are just crap titles whipped out in a few hours meant to satisfy's google's legal requirement that you sell an actual product.

It's budgeted into my spending next month though, since I'm really looking forward to this game. Honestly, I don't know why the other big publishers haven't done anything like it yet.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »

bad news:  http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/10/project-zomboid-burglary-statement/

I won’t beat around the bush. The Indie Stone have just suffered a major set-back. The Newcastle flat where Lemmy and Binky live and work was burgled this evening, and so far the clearest things taken are two computers and Lemmy’s credit card.

Project Zomboid was regularly backed up from machine to machine, but rarely – sadly and infuriatingly – externally. We have lost an awful lot of work. Mash and Binky don’t even know this has happened yet.

and the understandably upset Twitter rant: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31853921&postcount=102

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 16, 2011, 04:10:46 PM

bad news:  http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/10/project-zomboid-burglary-statement/

I won’t beat around the bush. The Indie Stone have just suffered a major set-back. The Newcastle flat where Lemmy and Binky live and work was burgled this evening, and so far the clearest things taken are two computers and Lemmy’s credit card.

Project Zomboid was regularly backed up from machine to machine, but rarely – sadly and infuriatingly – externally. We have lost an awful lot of work. Mash and Binky don’t even know this has happened yet.

and the understandably upset Twitter rant: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31853921&postcount=102

Geez... this project is cursed or something!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:54:59 PM »

Now added to my list of things to do if I ran my own studio: Daily, offsite, and encrypted backups.

I bought this, but really haven't been playing so I have no idea how far along they got.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »

That's insane...I know dropbox, box.net and other cloud storage solutions aren't the most secure but it's a damn sight better than losing weeks or months of work.
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 02:36:50 AM »

this is awfully suspicious.  9 times out of 10, this is some sort of inside job.  someone knew he would not be home, and where all of his work was located.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:28:36 AM »

Oh? I hadn't thought of that. I know some people think its a hoax and they didn't get robbed (idiots), but this angle I didn't even consider.

Whatever way it is, it sucks to be them. The game has real potential - I've already gotten a lot more than my 5 dollars worth of entertainment out of it, thats for sure!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 03:23:54 AM »

just noticed this is up on Steam now for early access.  how is the game coming along?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 04:31:02 AM »

To be honest, I haven't touched it for a long time, it's basically fell off everyone's radar, and there are already competitors doing similar things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: