http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Gotham Racing 2 Download Now Available  (Read 2262 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2004, 07:08:45 PM »

You have to pay $4.99 for it, but here's the lowdown from the BC Forums:

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (DLC Verison) - Exactly the same as the retail version, only thing is you won't need all Platinums to get it. However, this model only comes in racing green so we can still tell who's beaten the game and who's downloaded their way to TVR heaven.

Ferrari 288 GTO - A fast, fast *fast* Ferrari. Absolute classic and still outperforms most sports cars these days.

BMW 645Ci - BMW's latest 6 series offering. It's big, but it's quick and has a very distinctive design.

Ferrari 365 GTS4 (Daytona) - Miami Vice. A 70's classic Ferrari. A definate for anyone who claims to know their Ferrari's.

Porsche 356A Carrera Speedster - The humble beginnings of the Boxster way back in the 50's.

Ferrari 250TR - Classic front engine Ferrari racer for the road. Another 50's offering, and amazingly quick considering it's age.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 - Brand new, straight from Chevrolet factories. Only announced 2 months ago, now available for you to drive, even before your car dealer gets to see one  

BMW M3 CSL -The light-weight, lightning quick special M3. A track beast with a sensational engine and impeccable dynamics. This is one fun car.

Along with those there are now tracks in Paris and it sounds like there are 8 tracks.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 07:50:29 PM »

My first thought was 'crap they are charging for a download!', but then I realized that for quality that I expect to get here, it should be well worth it. Can't wait to get home and buy that download. smile

LiveTAG: happydog
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 08:04:53 PM »

Oh, fuck yeah!  Tongue
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:05:21 PM »

Nice - I might jump in on this one!

M3  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 09:37:51 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Nice - I might jump in on this one!

M3  biggrin

Yeah............. right!

LOL

Sure you will!

ROFLOL

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 12:44:13 AM »

What are you doing back here?
Don't you have some level 7 healing to do in your CoH? :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 11:46:52 AM »

Here is a link to an IGN article that does not recommend purchasing the dowloadable content.  Their arguments are that the cars aren't such a great selection and that the integration of this download into the game could have been better.  The author also feels a little let down that night and weather versions of the tracks are not included with the download - a sentiment I agree with.

What do you guys think?  Is it worth the five bucks?
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 03:58:01 PM »

I hadn't even thought of those complaints until I read that article. I still think for $5 it was worth it but I probably wouldn't have paid any more than that.
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 06:15:04 PM »

I think it's absolutely worth the download.  Maybe I like it just because it's new.  All I know is that I spent almost 2 hours yesterday just playing around with the new cars and tracks and I had to actually force myself to put down the controler.  Admittedly, not everyone is gonna think that the added content is worth the money.  In my opinion, it's like paying a small price for a small expansion pack.

I'm glad I payed the extra money and I'm sure I'll be using the cars and the new tracks quite a bit, especially in multiplayer.

Xbox Live Tag: daszo  (PGR2, Splinter Cell: PT, Colin Mcrae 04, Sega GT Online)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: