http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 05:56:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince of Persia: WW Combat...I stink like fish :(  (Read 1257 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2005, 04:38:40 PM »

Hey all, I just started playing PoP:WW the other day.  I played through and loved PoP:SoT.  Great game.  While I am willing to look past all of the common complaints about WW that people throw out there, there is one thing that's killing me.  

I suck at combat.  

You have to be precise with your button presses to make combat go smoothly and I am a'mashing in this one.  How did you all learn to fight?  I fing that I am just blocking then attacking.  It's not free flowing, it's not smooth, and it's not fun.  What did you all do?  Two weaps?  Or one hand for grabs?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 05:09:33 PM »

I find two weapons to be the most effecient.  The two-weapon combo that results in a spin attack is very effective for taking on groups of enemies.  

Also, special attacks are almost always way more effective than just regular slashing. Even something as simple as bounding off an enemy, landing behind them, and slashing them will usually deal much more damange than just a block and slash.

Most enemies will have one or two specific techniques that are most effective and once you learn to that most combat encounters can be over very quickly.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 05:15:43 PM »

Two more tips now that I think about it:

1)  Throwing weapons at enemies is also very good (B Button).  The can be hard to hit but its a quick way to dispatch many enemies early in the game and there are plenty of other weapons lying about to replace it with.

2)  Be sure and read the Combat hints as they appear.  For the first part of the game the hints are usually an effective combo for dealing with the enemy that you are currently fighting.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 05:42:26 PM »

Thanks Kevin, will try that stuff out!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 07:26:48 PM »

Heh, I was great at the combat but the wall to wall jumping was what killed PoP for me.  I could never seem to time it right, I just got no rhythm.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:44:31 PM »

When I first started playing WW, one of my biggest complaints was the revamped combat system.

It'll click as you go though it.

Hang in there...
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 06:18:41 AM »

Well, it's 2 systems basically. So I suggest trying to learn one-handed first, and all its moves, and after that dual-wielding. One handed is also a lot more like PoP:SoT.

Dual wielding is more powerful, but not as flexible. But once it clicks you'll be changing and mixing those styles, which is the freeform part of it.

Also remember, special moves like throwing a blade instantly kill an opponent if he looks colorless due to low health.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 04:01:27 PM »

Well if you guys say it will click, then I have faith in my CG brothers!!!  I had no probs with SoT at all, so hopefully I will get a hang of this one too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: