http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 06:50:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prince of persia gameplay video  (Read 1323 times)
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:36:45 PM »

wow! - what isn't in there? shades of ico, tr, uncharted (the lead character sounds seriously nate-ish smile ), & even okami. really like how well the supporting character's worked into the mix. i pretty much had no interest in this up til now, but i think this video just sold me a copy...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:45:07 PM »

There's no rewind, though, right?  I'm going to miss that.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:22:16 PM »

Loooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  it.  Can't wait.  Now my #2 most anticipated title.  Day 1 purchase.   Hope it's this year.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:48:15 PM »

Wow, I like those little character conversations there, and yeah, the protagonist is very much like Nate from Uncharted, which is a good thing.  I'm glad there's no smouldering with generic rage going on.

Good to see them pulling the best elements out of so many games.  Just having another character there to bond with that in no way hinders you is also a shade of Half-Life 2, episode 1-2 as well.

To me, they really used the latest gaming tech to good effect, on the whole it's nothing new, but they used the latest animation and AI blending to get the whole Elika following you around working great.

But, despite how much I like the chatty Prince, it does seem a bit anachronistic what with the American accent.  slywink   But, at least it's not the fake pseudo accent of the first prince.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:52:41 PM by Turtle » Logged
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on August 21, 2008, 09:22:16 PM

Loooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  it.  Can't wait.  Now my #2 most anticipated title.  Day 1 purchase.   Hope it's this year.

gamestop has it listed for 11/18...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »

I first heard about another PoP, I thought "Eh, we've had enough of them."  But this does look really good.  smile  Changed my mind.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »

Yeah, I like the look of this one too.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »

It's finally time to play the first Prince of Persia Trilogy~
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »

Loved it, with some caveats.

The Prince is a little quippy.  Still, I'll take that over brooding and tortured any day.

I'd prefer a more Persian setting.  Hopefully, there will be some of that, at least.  Looked pretty, though.

They'd better have that camera NAILED.  Looked pretty good in the vid, but it has potential for big time problems.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on August 26, 2008, 12:45:24 PM

I would suggest playing Sands of Time and The Two Thrones and skipping Warrior Within.  WW was not that bad gameplay-wise, but the ridiculous "attitude" and the tedious backtracking make the game no fun to play.  The other two games are simply amazing, though.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on August 26, 2008, 06:02:51 PM

Quote from: biggercup on August 26, 2008, 12:45:24 PM

I would suggest playing Sands of Time and The Two Thrones and skipping Warrior Within.  WW was not that bad gameplay-wise, but the ridiculous "attitude" and the tedious backtracking make the game no fun to play.  The other two games are simply amazing, though.

i have to disagree...WW had some great platforming, even if you didn't care for the 'attitude' of the game.  personally, i thought the Dahaka sequences were a very cool idea...didn't even mind the Godsmack music that swelled up every time i reached one.  it's not the best of the series, but i still think it's worth playing.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »

Warrior Within had some great parts, and I was willing to overlook the "attitude" for about half the game.  Eventually, the gameplay got so tedious with constant fighting that it just wasn't worth it to slog through the crap to get to the good stuff.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

I was never able to finish WW at all.  Couldn't get past about 1/3 of the way through, in fact.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 04:22:29 PM »

Quote from: disarm on August 26, 2008, 06:43:35 PM

i have to disagree...WW had some great platforming, even if you didn't care for the 'attitude' of the game.  personally, i thought the Dahaka sequences were a very cool idea...didn't even mind the Godsmack music that swelled up every time i reached one.  it's not the best of the series, but i still think it's worth playing.

I had the exact opposite reaction to the Dahaka chases. The first few fairly short and fun, but later they became longer and required you not only to memorize a long sequence of moves but to also perform them without error. It's what made me put the game down.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on August 21, 2008, 04:36:45 PM

the lead character sounds seriously nate-ish smile

It's the same voice actor, Nolan North.

16-bit and loving it!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »

IN. Jerks keep costing me money.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »

I think Warrior Within is underrated and is absolutely worth playing as a platformer despite numerous other poor decisions made about the presentation.

However, I wouldn't play it just to play the "trilogy" because Two Thrones uses the relatively obscure and hard to get "good ending" of Warrior Within as it's jumping off point instead of the "bad" ending that 95% of people who play WW get. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: