http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:54:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince of Persia 3 Screens and Info  (Read 1091 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:18:06 PM »

Some screens from PoP 3:

Comments from an Ubi representative on IGN's forums:

Let's difuse a few early assumptions about this game:

1) Even more gothic than WW? I didn't read the UK OPM article but that statement,in itself, is totaly false. One of the number 1 suggestions was to take it back to Babylon like TSOT. Well? He's back. Simply becuase the first screens don't show the beauty of Babylon doesn't mean that it is not there. As a matter of fact, we tried to strike a balance in environments. We wanted to incorporate the darker side of the city as well as the beautiful side as well. Balance is the key to tug different emotions and different times and, rest assured, the environments and structures are of the requsted time period. Yes - the environemnts are bigger and will allow the Prince to travel many paths -roofs, underground, streets, etc. Is that bad? I thought it was freakin' cool to see how you adapted to each situation. Rooftops, streets, etc - each demand something different from the gamer. I think it's a super cool feature.

2) The Prince looks like he does in WW because that's where the story left off - immediately after WW whereas WW took place 7 years after TSOT? I, personally, like the mature prince better. Nothing wrong with that...is there?

3) Stealth like Sam Fisher? Laughable - but I'll address. This game is offering gamers' choices. Options. Decisions. Whatever you want to call it. At no point do you have to use this "stealth feature" and if OPM wrote what they should have, it would have been labeled a new stealth art. It's different. It's not a traditional stealth approach. As a matter of fact - don't use it. Go in with swords up and ready to roll. The Free-Form fighting system has been enhanced - use it to its fullest. However, this new stealth feature is something you need to see to understand. It's just different. It's a combination of the Prince's athleticism with an unseen strike. I think we're all hard-core gamers and can appreciate novelties that work. This is one of them. Please...erase any Sam Fisher images from your head - expect something new.

4) New weapons are only a whip? This is wrong. To let you know - the "PRINCE" doesn't use a whip. (Make your assumptions now).

5) You guys asked for a lot of things that are in the game. They will be revealed in due time - trust me.

Look, I can say this in all honesty - the leap in gameplay is greater from WW to 3(no title yet) - then TSOT to WW. As well as the story...telling.

There will always be the purist who wants TSOT 1.5 - it's not going to happen. We want to continue to innovate the brand - and we will.

What I find completely weird, is that the #1 biggest difference and coolest feature wasn't even mentioned. (you will find out tomorrow.)

I don't think it is far-fetched for me to state that this game will take home some awards from E3. We heard the same skeptisim for Splinter Cell:CT. And look what happend - it won best of show at E3 and is one of the highest rated games ever.

3rd time is a charm - that much I can back up.

Well - one of the coolest new features (that I referenced before)is revealed in that screenshot (which is real). You will play as two different characters due to the events that have occured. I think those of you who've played both will get more of a kick out of who the dark prince is and how he fits into the equation. It's a cool story.

To those questions about one liners - does anyone recall one liners in TSOT? I do. They simply weren't as cheesy as WW. Yes - i admit that we went a bit overboard. However - you live and learn.

Music - same thing: Live and Learn.

I don't think TSOT fans will feel too far from home while WW fans will still have the tools to be badass.

-P911

p.s.
Great point about the "railing people into stealth situations". That's weak. We're not a stealth game nor will we pretend to be. We just want to give people options.

p.s.s.
no - this is not GTA: Babylon. LOL. There's freedom but not like that.

Mixed feelings here- the stealth thing as well as another playable character concern me.

Positives- sounds like the story, cheesy one-liners, and music will be closer to SoT and they are promising a much more diverse set of envirnoments this time around.

So far, I haven't heard anything that makes it sound worse than WW, and it looks like it at least should be improved.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »

Is Jordan Mechner back on this one?  I believe I read that somewhere.  I know he wasn't in WW, so hopefully this is a step in the right direction.  I think the analogy with SC: Chaos Theory is very true if the original team is back for PoP3.  Pandora Tomorrow was made by a different group and Chaos Theory seems much closer to the first one.

I have high hopes for PoP3.  WW was still a good game, it is just that the annoying things really detracted from the parts that were, in some cases, even better than SoT.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:08:37 PM »

And I still argue that WW was utterly retarded and a complete leap backwards, creatively. I do still applaud the decision to move forward with the story, and from a creative standpoint it makes sense to continue the story from WW and I like that. I'll hold-out until the forum effect kicks in, but if I hear anything about Godsmack getting anywhere near the new game, I'm out before release. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:43:30 PM »

Hmmm. Sounds like a mix between Mark of Kri and Sands of Time. If they fix the God-awful music and dialog and have women in costumes made of materials other than leather, they might end up with a pretty good game.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 02:34:17 AM »

Ok, I'll be the grumpy old man.  Shouldn't this be Prince of Persia 6?

I mean if the sequel to Starcraft: Ghost was called Starcraft 2 and remained a console only stealth action game, there'd be blood in the streets.

I'll get around to WW one of these days.  Sigh, backlog.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 03:16:53 AM »

PoP 3 is just a working title, just as they called WW PoP 2 when it was first announced.  I imagine it'll end up with just PoP and a subtitle.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Yossarian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:10:34 AM »

that ubi rep sounds like an asshole

Now playing Star Trek Tactical Assault, Poker
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 06:10:25 AM »

Quote from: "Yossarian"
that ubi rep sounds like an asshole

They do have to post on the IGN boards so I halfway don't blame them.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:13:38 AM »

Is this a next generation title or current gen title?  If it's current, I'm all in.

If it's next...well, maybe i'll play it in 3 or 4 years...
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 11:44:55 AM »

It's current gen (PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube).  No way they'd put all their eggs in a basket and bring it out only for next gen systems.  This game will be out before the end of the year.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
It's current gen (PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube).  No way they'd put all their eggs in a basket and bring it out only for next gen systems.  This game will be out before the end of the year.

As with much of EA's lineup there are rumors that there will also be a spruced-up 360 version in addition to the all of the current gen stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: