This caught my eye when I saw a PoP2 thread over at slashdot:
* Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/2000/XP (only)
* Processor: Pentium® III 1 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 1 GHz
* RAM: 256 MB
* Video Card: DirectX® 9-compliant graphics card (see supported list*)
* Sound Card: DirectX 8-compliant sound card
* DirectX Version: 9.0c (included on disc)
* CD-ROM: 16X CD-ROM or 4X DVD-ROM
* Hard Drive Space: 2 GB
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
* NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3/4/FX series (including 4MX)
* ATI® Radeon™ 7500/8500/9000 families or newer
* Matrox Parhelia™
Laptop models of these cards not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com
NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD-RW, DVD-RW, and virtual drives.
That last phrase makes me very suspicious... is that standard copy protection verbage, or does it sound like some sort of Starforce CP is going to be used?