http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 04:09:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POP: Warrior Within ?  (Read 1323 times)
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:03 PM »

Gota ? I got SOT from Laner on Sat and finished it up last night, it was like digital crack. I just couldn't stop playing the game. I'd like to play the sequel, but I heard the xbox version atleast was buggy (savegames) as hell. If I do decide to pick it up are there any workarounds or ways to avoid the bugs?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:38:07 AM »

There is a simple way to avoid the bugs - avoid this pile of crap insult to SOT like the plague it is. Do not pay for or play this junk, ever. You'll be happier as a result. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 12:44:08 AM »

Loved SoT.  Thought it was one of the better games I had ever played.

Tried Warrior Within just about a month ago.  You get little glimpses of SoT but whiteboyskim is right on the money - it's a bug-ridden pile.  I would have to advise to stay away as well!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 12:56:09 AM »

If you're a big platforming fan there are some truly fantastic levels buried under the crap music and attitude of Warrior Within.  The first three or four hours of Warrior Within are really bad, but stick with it until you get to the clock tower or the water garden. The game gets a lot better at that point.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 01:08:25 AM »

Wait for the second sequel. Don't ruin your love for SoT.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 09:09:55 AM »

The first levels were bad, but it does get a whole lot better. The combat will be fun after a couple of hours, and the story's cool too. And the music, well, I guess I actually liked some 'persian metal' to go along these brutal fights.

So, really, don't listen to all the nay-sayers, and get through the beginning part (where you'll absolutely be disappointed), and enjoy the game for what it is. An exciting, very cool, platformer/fighter.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 09:57:39 AM »

The Godsmack/Godsmack sound-alike's music really started to get to me.

Though, you're right - if you're really looking for it, you can probably find an enjoyable game amidst the bugs and other such things.  That can be said, really, for just about every game.

So hey, I'll change it up and tell you Mystic - if you can find it for a decent price, why not give it a shot?   smile

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 12:17:46 PM »

I'm with the others.  WW has parts that actually supercede those found in SOT, you just have to get through the first few hours before you see them.  However many cannot get past the way UbiSoft went over the top trying to make this game appeal to more people (ironically it did, WW sold much better than SOT).  I could do without the lame voiceovers, including the death girls that liked spouting sexual innuendos, and the hard rock beat though.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 02:49:31 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
However many cannot get past the way UbiSoft went over the top trying to make this game appeal to more people (ironically it did, WW sold much better than SOT).

No way?! Frightening. Do you have any idea what the sale numbers were for both?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 02:53:03 PM »

I'd have to look it up, but I remember reading somewhere that WW outsold SOT.  Give me some time and hopefully I'll find it.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 02:57:28 PM »

OK...didn't take so much time: here is the story from WorthPlaying:

Ubisoft announces that Prince of Persia Warrior Within has already doubled sales of the brand's first installment, with 1.8 million units delivered since its December 2nd release. During an extremely competitive holiday season, Prince of Persia Warrior Within has proven itself as a force with which to be reckoned.

That is over all releases.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 03:04:24 PM »

That's right ... Sands of Time didn't sell nearly as well as it should have, did it? Fuck, what a shame. Such an awesome game. But then it has gained two sequels, so it's not as if the game was totally ignored.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 03:18:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
That's right ... Sands of Time didn't sell nearly as well as it should have, did it? Fuck, what a shame. Such an awesome game. But then it has gained two sequels, so it's not as if the game was totally ignored.

True, but I'll just ignore the sequels as the ass they are. smile At some point, I might force myself to sit down and burn through the rest of WW. If I don't make it that far, it will go on the short list of games I've physically thrown away out of disgust rather than try to get some money or trade value out of.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: