http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 01:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poncho Memorial CG X-Box ESPN NFL 2K5 Tourney -Team Requests  (Read 12487 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2004, 06:03:55 AM »

Hey, Lockdown!  You skipped me in your team list!  I've already claimed the Chiefs, BEFORE you claimed the Redskins.  smile

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2004, 10:33:41 AM »

pr0ner -

You're right.  I missed you... ON PURPOSE !!!!!

Tongue

Just messin'  -  Please accept my apologies.  It is fixed.

-  -  -  -  -  -

Denoginizer :  Of course you can switch.  We haven't even started yet.  Consider it done.  (I guess Eco gets final word, considering he was nice enough to run the tourney, but I'll bet he's fine with it).

Post above is edited.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2004, 12:54:35 PM »

Thanks man !!!

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2004, 02:57:57 PM »

I'll take Jacksonville
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2004, 01:29:44 PM »

Lockdown:  Thanks so much!  That is a great help.  I just got back from the beach yesterday so I didn't have a chance to update anything yet.  I will get to it this week for sure.  Aug. 9th sounds good to me.  If anyone objects to Aug. 9th for any reason please let me know.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2004, 06:30:32 PM »

I have no objections to August 9.  By the way, if anyone is going to be up for exhibition games before then, let me know!

Mike

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 07:14:49 PM »

Mike -

You're on!  Especially with  :twisted:  on vacation, I will need someone to practice with.   (As involved as I may seem to be, I am not very good at this game, so practice is important).

We definately need to hook up.  Let's plan on it.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2004, 07:27:17 PM »

You guys can swap VIPs and practice against each other's teams slywink

I'm up for August 9th as long as it is indeed shipping on July 20th, still no official word.  I really don't like this bunching up with NCAA and possibly Madden being pushed up as well...too many games to play dammit!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2004, 08:11:37 PM »

:evil:  will be back on the 24th and ready to be destroyed by any of you on the 26th.

Let the Eagle-beating begin!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2004, 09:57:08 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
:evil:  will be back on the 24th and ready to be destroyed by any of you on the 26th.

Let the Eagle-beating begin!!

Hey Devil -

Have you checked out some of the new screenies at OpSports?

There is one there that lists ALLLLLLLLL the things you can do on defense before your opponent snaps the ball...

Double team "A"

Blitz "B"

Inside Cover "C"

Outside Cover "D"

Bump "E"

Play Loose on "F"

Move the linemen apart

Move the backers together

etc..

etc..

Can you see Me and You doing this?  Is this not going to be a total crack-up!!!

I can see it now:

LD:  "What was THAT!"

Devil: "Oh man!  I meant to blitz my Lft. OLB!

LD:  "Nope, you had him double my Fullback instead!"

Devil:  "No shit!  That left Portis wide open in the flat too!"

LD:  "Yep, look at him go!   Oops, what was THAT!"

Devil:  "What did you do!  Portis just turned around and ran right into Dawkins!   Look he fumbled!"

LD:  "No shit!  I meant to hit super dive, and instead did a backwards juke!"

Devil:  "Haha!  Got you now!  I'm going to run this back for a TD!"

LD:  "Here I come!  Better do a fancy move!"

Devil: "Oh shit!  I meant to do a stutter step but hit the spin button instead!  Out of bounds!"

LD:  "Here we go again...."

Eco:  "Hey guys... send me your V.I.P. file so I can play against you!"

LD and Devil in unison:  "NO!"

I can't wait!!!!   Tongue

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2004, 10:24:43 PM »

Bwah!! We could barely handle Baseball!!

We'll play 5 minute quarters and it'll take 7 hours to finish a game from watching all the stupid things we did on replays.

Can we play on the same team? THAT would be something!

I do have a serious question though: Last year I would have McNabb run on occasion and he would get hurt 70% of the time. I understand if Cement Bledsoe happened to find his way out of the pocket and he get's Mo Lewis-ed, but shouldn't running QBs be able to take a hit better? I saw no difference between McNabb, Manning, Vick, Bledsoe, Brooks, Culpepper, Green etc, durability when it came to pulling it down and running. I hope this is fixed!

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2004, 10:59:31 PM »

LOL!

That is great Lockdown.

By the way, I updated the Participants page, please email me or post here if I missed anyone or if anything is incorrect.  Also, if you're on the list please shoot me your email address so I can add it to the page if you don't mind.  That way everyone can communicate easier once the tournament starts.  

Off work now, bbl.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2004, 12:07:29 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Mike -

You're on!  Especially with  :twisted:  on vacation, I will need someone to practice with.   (As involved as I may seem to be, I am not very good at this game, so practice is important).

We definately need to hook up.  Let's plan on it.

LD

Alright LD, you're on!

Mike

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2004, 12:47:43 AM »

Hey Eco -

I just read a full bio on Norv Turner.  I am SO going to follow the Raiders this year!

Do me a favor and switch me to the Raiders for our tournament.

So I won't be able to move the ball on offense... nothing new for me.

At least I can put Woodson on T.O. - and maybe I can slow Devil down a little bit.  (wishful thinking).

Also - Simon took the Seahawks... but I don't see it on the Participants Page.  Did Simon back out?

Thanks.

LD

LD

Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2004, 03:00:54 AM »

I hope not.   Simon and I had a blast playing Fever and ESPN in the past.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2004, 03:17:09 AM »

At least I can put Woodson on T.O. - and maybe I can slow Devil down a little bit. (wishful thinking).

You're not thinking straight!! You put Woodson on TO and shut him down. Then what? How bad is it going to look for you when I post in here that Pinkston went over 100 yards and 2 TDs when we played!  :lol:

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2004, 04:45:58 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Also - Simon took the Seahawks... but I don't see it on the Participants Page.  Did Simon back out?

Nope, I'm still in unless Eco just doesn't want me in. Tongue
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2004, 09:12:07 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
At least I can put Woodson on T.O. - and maybe I can slow Devil down a little bit. (wishful thinking).

You're not thinking straight!! You put Woodson on TO and shut him down. Then what? How bad is it going to look for you when I post in here that Pinkston went over 100 yards and 2 TDs when we played!  :lol:

True.  However, as long as it's YOU behind that controller, I will still always have a chance!    Tongue

When do you leave for vaca. again?

LD

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2004, 01:42:57 PM »

I'll be off to the mountains of NH from the 17th-24th.

Get all your Devil-bashing and ESPN-practice in during this time when I'll be unable to respond... biggrin

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2004, 01:17:55 PM »

Sorry Simon, of course I want you in too smile

I made the changes, you have the Raiders now lockdown.  

I'm about to explode while waiting on this game.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2004, 02:10:33 PM »

Thanks Eco.

For anyone interested:  There are some new video clips up at OpSports.  My particular favorite is Video Clip #8 or #9.  Whichever is the first one recorded on the 16th, I don't remember now.  (I do know it's a Broncos game).

The flow of the game is perfect.

The offensive as well as the defensive gameplay is mind-blowing.

The computer making some very nice adjustments before the ball is hiked is also great to see.

The tackling is just outstanding.

It appears that if you have the right people in the right place this year, you will be rewarded.  IE: Not as many missed tackles on defense, and some very very nice offensive line A.I.

Another thing I noticed in watching all the videos:  When a pass is thrown up to a good receiver with a db (or multiple db's) in good position, you really have no clue what the outcome is going to be.  I have seen great catches, knockdowns, and interceptions.  This is encouraging.

I am still holding my breath on some of the "other" features, but as far as gameplay goes, it certainly appears to be brilliant!

We do not have long to wait!  If you guys are halfas excited as me, you must be on the edge of your seats awaiting this one!

LD

LD

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2004, 03:06:07 PM »

Eco, I notice the e-mail section hasn't been populated on the home page yet.  You can get my e-mail by going over that e-mail link on this forum.  You can probably do that for everyone (or most everyone).

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2004, 03:54:58 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Eco, I notice the e-mail section hasn't been populated on the home page yet.  You can get my e-mail by going over that e-mail link on this forum.  You can probably do that for everyone (or most everyone).

I'm planning on updating the email section this weekend.  Thanks!! smile

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2004, 04:50:30 AM »

I just watched some videos of online tournament and league play at OS.  It looks like we could just use the online tournament feature for this thing.  I also saw some of the defensive hot route stuff.

***If all this stuff works***

Good God this game could be AMAZING.

My mind goes back to Front Page Sports Football 99 for the PC.  They tried to put in everything but the kitchen sink onto a great game, and everyone knows what happened.....

So far I see no evidence of this, but the $20 price tag and rush to get it out before Madden worries me just a little.  We'll see Wednesday I guess.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2004, 05:22:07 AM »

I'm thinking we should do a league instead of brackets.  You can set how many weeks to play and a time limit on when you need to finish that game.  The game controls that for you.

You know what is cool?

Go here and login (register if you haven't)
http://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/

then go to this thread...
http://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23000

put the user name and pw in the ps2 section

if you get a message saying it's invalid input the username and pw again but delete the last * and it should work.

And then you'll be amazed
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2004, 06:16:54 AM »

This is almost too good to be true.

Am I dreaming?

I have to lie down...

LD

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2004, 06:23:50 AM »

As long as it all works....

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2004, 03:47:41 PM »

We could do a league of just 8 committed players to see how that goes at first.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2004, 10:27:57 PM »

So, in glancing over those screenshots a bit more, do you guys think that EACH Tournament/League is going to have it's own Stats Central type thing/page?  

If "Yes", then will these stats be automatically updated after each XBLive game that we play?

It also looks like the "Administrator" or whatever they call it is going to have a place to type in News of the Week, and Messages, and all kinds of stuff.  I mean, am I seeing that right?

I'm not sure I get it.  Can someone better explain it to me?

This just seems... I am sitting here thinking of a word, and I can't.  Well, for lack of a better word, it seems unbelievable.  

Other than writing up some news stories and from what I understand, approving trades, what does the administrator have to do?  It appears to be fully automized.  

I mean, c'mon.  This is unreal.  If I am interpreting these screen shots correctly, then it appears the toughest thing to actually do would be to schedule and play your actual game!  (not that that can't be incredibly difficult with our group, cause we all know it is).

Man, I am really going to feel like a jerk if I miss a gametime this season.  

Is it going to work like Links, where you have X days to play your game, and then after you play, you are "clear" until your next scheduled game?

I need to go read some more, but if anyone knows anything, and it isn't too difficult to type, can you help me out here; because honestly, I am not trying to up the hype-meter here, I just don't see how something this huge is getting overshadowed by some of the other features.  

Thanks.

LD

LD

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2004, 10:47:29 PM »

I believe that is how it is going to work.  The PS2 version had many of these features last year.  The PS2 version of NBA2K4 expanded them.  And now it looks like the 2K5 games are really pushing envelope.  

(I was going to say it will be amazing if it all works, but I realize I have already said that twice in this thread  biggrin )

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2004, 01:39:31 AM »

I had NFL2k4 for the PS2 last year and online league play had unbelieveable potential. As soon as a league game was completed, stats were automatically uploaded to the ESPNvideogames.com webpage. There you could see updated standings, league leaders in pretty much every category, and detailed box scores on each and every game (in the format that you'd see them on espn.com or nfl.com). It seriously was amazingly cool.

The only problem is that every league I joined (and I joined 3 or 4) ended up fading away after only a week or so. Too many people just started flaking out on playing their games. The website generated a schedule, but it was up to each individual person to agree on a time to play their next opponent. The website even offered individual league message boards to faciliatate this process. Anyway, I never made it past week 3 in any league, because inevitably people wouldn't play their games. I guess that's the problem with trying to play a full league (isn't that 32 teams?) with a bunch of strangers.

If we attempt a GG/CG league, let's do are best to sign up only people who are committed to playing. Maybe we could even have a weekly gametime (e.g., Wed. night at 9 eastern or something like that). If we need to, we could have a smaller league of 8 or 12 if we need to. I'd love to participate in an active, committed league.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2004, 12:35:37 PM »

I would love to be in a league of commited people, but I don't want to be in one if it is going to go belly up after the first week.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2004, 12:40:35 PM »

I would also love to be in a league of committed people.  I want the Titans.  Should I start another thread?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2004, 12:43:52 PM »

I think we would be mistaken if we didn't use the built in features this year.  I'm up for a league as i said, but if we don't do that we can at least do a tournament using the built in Tourney feature.  It just screams total slickness smile

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
I would also love to be in a league of committed people.  I want the Titans.  Should I start another thread?

Sure!

I call the Packers! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2004, 04:02:27 PM »

Is this tourney different from the other league being started in the other thread?  I am assuming so, but what are the differences?

I am thinking of joining (yes, I am reliable), but wondered the difference.

Thanks!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2004, 04:09:48 PM »

The main difference is that in the tourney, as soon as you lose you are out.  But the league will have a set schedule.  At least I think that is the difference.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2004, 04:30:22 PM »

Quote from: "denoginizer"
The main difference is that in the tourney, as soon as you lose you are out.  But the league will have a set schedule.  At least I think that is the difference.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up!  I was thinking about joining, but my game would turn into a bye-week for my opponent!  Off to the league!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2004, 09:42:04 PM »

Just FYI guys... my tag is TehGellar, not Gellar
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2004, 09:45:36 PM »

Everyone let me know one way or another if you want to stay in the tournament now that there will also be a league.  Thx.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: