http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:39:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playstation Store?  (Read 644 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a PSP tomorrow, and I was wondering how the Playstation/PSP store works.  I see they have some games, demos, and videos, but what all do I need to download them?  Can I just put the memory stick in my computer and download them to it or do I have to somehow hook the PSP itself to the computer? 

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 07:06:07 AM »

I believe that if you're using your computer then there's a download program that you have to install for the Playstation store.  Once you've got them downloaded then you can just connect your PSP to your computer and transfer them.  Alternatively, you can download the demos onto your PS3 and then hook up the PSP to the PS3.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »

I think you can download stuff to a memory stick if your computer takes one and then plug that into the PSP.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 22, 2008, 07:06:07 AM

I believe that if you're using your computer then there's a download program that you have to install for the Playstation store.  Once you've got them downloaded then you can just connect your PSP to your computer and transfer them.  Alternatively, you can download the demos onto your PS3 and then hook up the PSP to the PS3.

yeah, that download program's for windows only, which is why i go the ps3 route...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »

Thanks for the responses.  I don't have a PS3, but I do have a Memory Stick slot in my computer, so hopefully that will work.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »

I don't recall needing any kind of special 'download program' for that. Another alternative - connect to your wireless network from the PSP directly and download from the official PSP site. In the US, it is

http://psp.us.playstation.com

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: