http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 09:25:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playstation Plus - Now with lots more free games!  (Read 14929 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:56 PM »

Dead Nation looks really fun.  I'm really digging PS+ so far, though Outlast was a bit too creepy for me, the polish was there and it's hard to believe it was given away for free.

I still find the social aspects of psn to be inferior to what I became accustomed to on the 360.  The process for finding the username of the person you're playing and sending them an invitation or a message takes way too long and is the very definition of cumbersome.  I get around it by keeping my iPad or iPhone handy and using it for these things, but still...  Hopefully they will tweak the process.

Personally I can't wait for Infamous 3.  I've not played any of the others, but what I've seen so far looks fantastic.  It kind of reminds me of Prototype, but hopefully a lot deeper.  That's probably a bad comparison though.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2014, 11:44:20 PM »

The first inFamous was pretty rough, with enemies who were notorious for sniping you with their shotguns from two blocks away and a story that didn't get interesting until the final act.  I *really* liked the second one, though: the traversal and combat elements had all been polished up, and the story arc was much more interesting.

Second Son sounds like something of a fresh start thanks to the introduction of an all new protagonist, so I hope it's a good jumping-on point.  I'm really looking forward to it, too!

-Autistic Angel
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 28, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »

Another great month of PS+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/28/playstation-plus-april-preview-arkham-city-mercenary-kings-and-more/

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 28, 2014, 02:19:41 PM

Nice! That's two more games to fill up my backlog. Loving it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »

Happy that Merc Kings is the PS4 offering.  otherwise, I have all the rest of them. bought Castle of Illusion, Stealth Inc and Velocity Ultra.  glad I held back on buying PIxeljunk monsters though. 

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »

First personally "disappointing" month in a while... nothing I'm interested in or don't already own.  Oh well - they can't all be winners.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

Monster Hunter Unite is currently available for free on PS Plus. I'm looking forward to playing it on my Vita with two analog sticks. The way it ought to be played.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »

Only good if you own a PS3. It's just going to take time for the next-gen to get enough content to be interesting.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 30, 2014, 02:19:48 AM »

Nice, I had skipped this Arkham. Now I just need to find the time...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »

They updated the terms in a good way:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-2-titles-per-month-for-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/#sf3102261

Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, youíll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out

PS+ games for June:
Trine 2: Complete Story - PS4
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate - PS4
NBA 2K14 - PS3
Sly Cooper: Thieves of Time - PS3/Vita
Terraria - Vita
Mutant Mudds Deluxe - Vita

I'm looking forward to playing Trine 2 and PJ Shooter again and having Terraria on the go will be fun.  Sly 4 is a great game if you don't already have it.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »

Sly Cooper will be fun for me and my kids.  We're working our way through the Puppateer right now.  Such a cool, quirky game with some great voice acting and music.

I've never played Pixeljunk or Trine 2.  They will find a home on my PS4. 

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 29, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »

Thanks ps plus, you're the best!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 29, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »

Oh snap Shooter is on PS+ that's awesome!!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: May 29, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »

Here's the EU list

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
4th June: NBA 2K14
4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
4th June: Dragonís Crown
4th June: Surge Deluxe

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: May 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »

Also, next up on the HD conversion train:  R&C Trilogy

July 2nd date in EU, so we should see it about the same time

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 29, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

Also, next up on the HD conversion train:  R&C Trilogy

I'm not sure if I'd call Vita versions HD conversions.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

Also, next up on the HD conversion train:  R&C Trilogy

I thought that came out a while ago??

Edit: this is the Vita version. Nevermind.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

yeah, I mixed that up with the announcement news of the Sly Collection being available now.

New indie PS3/PS4 game announced, coming this summer:  Aaruís Awakening

action side scroller with an emphasis on using the character's teleportation to get around.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/30/aarus-awakening-coming-to-ps4-ps3-this-summer/#sf3114348

Click the pic for the trailer

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »

Stoked for Trine 2, the demo is awesome and I almost bought the game last month.

Sent from my mobile device

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 31, 2014, 02:40:08 PM

Stoked for Trine 2, the demo is awesome and I almost bought the game last month.

Don't skip pixel junk shooter it's really good, IMO. I loved them on the ps3.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2014, 02:48:56 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 31, 2014, 02:57:49 PM

PJ Shooter is this week's addition to PS+.  I've wanted to replay it and this is perfect timing.  The cross-buy/save is icing on the cake. 

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2014, 11:22:45 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 31, 2014, 02:57:49 PM

I definitely won't skip it either.  Love ps+!

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 04, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

Grabbed both last night . Free is awesome! Well, you know almost like free. slywink
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »

They've updated the list for July.  All will be available on 7/1

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/25/ps-plus-julys-free-game-lineup-goes-live-tuesday/

PS4
Towerfall Ascension
Strider

PS3
Dead Space 3
Vessel

Vita
Muramasa Rebirth
Doki-Doki Universe

Not a bad line-up with Dead Space, Strider and Muramasa Rebirth if you haven't already played/bought them.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 26, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »

Quote from: Caine on June 25, 2014, 09:55:16 PM

They've updated the list for July.  All will be available on 7/1

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/25/ps-plus-julys-free-game-lineup-goes-live-tuesday/

PS4
Towerfall Ascension
Strider

PS3
Dead Space 3
Vessel

Vita
Muramasa Rebirth
Doki-Doki Universe

Not a bad line-up with Dead Space, Strider and Muramasa Rebirth if you haven't already played/bought them.

Glad I held off on Strider and Towerfall, awesome news.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2014, 04:14:01 AM »

Sweet!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

PS+ games for August

PS4
Road Not Taken
Fez (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

PS3
Crysis 3
Proteus (PS3, PS Vita)

Vita
Metrico
Dragon's Crown (PS Vita, PS3)

I'm not sure about the cross-buy status of these games, but this is what they posted.  Fez and Proteus are cross-buy when you buy it but Dragon's Crown isn't. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:41:36 PM by Caine » Logged

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »

Quote from: Caine on July 30, 2014, 03:33:22 PM

PS+ games for August

PS4
Road Not Taken
Fez (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

PS3
Crysis 3
Proteus (PS3, PS Vita)

Vita
Metrico
Dragon's Crown (PS Vita, PS3)

I'm not sure about the cross-buy status of these games, but this is what they posted.  Fez and Proteus are cross-buy when you buy it but Dragon's Crown isn't. 

I thought for sure that August would be the month that we saw AA to AAA PS4 title coming to Plus. Guess I was wrong. My money is on Thief eventually landing on PS+ for the PS4.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

Knack seems like the most likely candidate for first $60 at launch to hit plus.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »

Dragon's Crown isn't cross buy, but a Sony rep confirmed that PS+ users will get both versions.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on July 30, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

Dragon's Crown isn't cross buy, but a Sony rep confirmed that PS+ users will get both versions.
Nice.  I had read through the comments looking but didn't see that they had confirmed this.  I already have it on Vita, so hopefully it lets me download the PS3 version.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »

I would actually love to see more ports on PS4 through Plus. For example, Crysis 3 at 1080/60fps. It should be much easier to do than somethnig like TLOU: Remastered, since there's a PC version already built with the high-res assets and such.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »

PlayStation Now subscription option 'definitely in the works'

To recap, PlayStation Now lets players stream PS3 games from Sony's cloud servers to PS4, and other systems in the future. Currently the beta only offers rental options, with players able to access games for either 4 hours, 7 days, 30 days or 90 days. As displayed in a new video, there are different prices for different games - Vigil Games' Darksiders, for example, is $3 for 4 hours, $6 for a week, $8 for 30 days and $15 for 90.

The pricing structure has been the major point of contention for potential customers, reflected by Buser noting there'll be "reduced pricing" on some of the four-hour rentals in the coming weeks, bringing them down to $2. He also noted some of the games come with DLC included. However, it's likely most scrutiny will be reserved for how Sony approaches a subscription model, which the company plans to reveal more about "later."

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on July 31, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

To recap, PlayStation Now lets players stream PS3 games from Sony's cloud servers to PS4, and other systems in the future. Currently the beta only offers rental options, with players able to access games for either 4 hours, 7 days, 30 days or 90 days. As displayed in a new video, there are different prices for different games - Vigil Games' Darksiders, for example, is $3 for 4 hours, $6 for a week, $8 for 30 days and $15 for 90.

The pricing structure has been the major point of contention for potential customers, reflected by Buser noting there'll be "reduced pricing" on some of the four-hour rentals in the coming weeks, bringing them down to $2. He also noted some of the games come with DLC included. However, it's likely most scrutiny will be reserved for how Sony approaches a subscription model, which the company plans to reveal more about "later."

If they want this to work the prices need to be adjusted - particularly if they're doing those prices on an older game like Darksiders which you can get for $5 during any Steam sale.

Nix the 4hr rental and replace it with a $1.50 24hr rental to beat Redbox's $2-a-day game rental price. Then have a $2.50 48hr rental. I would nix the 30/90 day rentals too.  I don't see too many people doing the 30-day rental. And no one doing the 90 day. People can just refill at the 24/48hr prices as needed.

Games that are pretty stale now, like Darksiders, should just have a $1 48hr rental price.

But they won't do that so this will be gone in a year.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on July 31, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

Quote from: farley2k on July 31, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

If they want this to work the prices need to be adjusted - particularly if they're doing those prices on an older game like Darksiders which you can get for $5 during any Steam sale.

Nix the 4hr rental and replace it with a $1.50 24hr rental to beat Redbox's $2-a-day game rental price. Then have a $2.50 48hr rental. I would nix the 30/90 day rentals too.  I don't see too many people doing the 30-day rental. And no one doing the 90 day. People can just refill at the 24/48hr prices as needed.

Games that are pretty stale now, like Darksiders, should just have a $1 48hr rental price.

But they won't do that so this will be gone in a year.

That's not what I want at all.  I want to pay a flat fee and have access to all the games.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2014, 02:41:06 AM »

Yeah, that.  I can't see why they couldn't link it to PS+ and make it a PS+ service. Pay the same PS+ flat rate and get access to PSNow. Get a discount as a PS+ member, or pay a slightly higher flat rate as a separate service. They just have to make it convenient and less ridiculous.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:43 AM »

Yeah a monthly all-you-can-eat is the better way to go if the price is right.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2014, 11:30:47 PM »

When I saw the prices they put up weeks ago I just uninstalled the app. Unless they radically adjust the pricing this is a service I'll never even sniff at.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

September's games have been revealed:

PS4
Velocity 2X (PS4, PS Vita)
Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

PS3
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3, PS Vita)
Hoard

Vita
Joe Danger
TxK

Not a bad mix of indie and smaller games. 

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »

That's really weak for the PS4. I think it's been long enough that they should be able to offer a AAA title like Knack on there soon. Is anyone actually buying Knack anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: