http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 05:19:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playstation 3 Question  (Read 487 times)
JSL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »

I'm considering getting a PS3 as I sold my Wii recently. What I want to know is if it is possible to display the video through HDMI and have the sound go out through analog red/white connections? The speakers on my TV are fairly poor and currently I have a blu-ray player sending video through HDMI to the TV, but the sound goes directly to my sound system (iFi from Klipsch) that only takes red/white connections (sort of, only has line in that I split to accept red/white).

sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 03:55:35 AM »

Yes. Once you set up the ps3 go into the main menu, sounds, and you can direct the sound from the HDMI to Dolby 5.1 etc.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

I like the PS3 so much I am tempted to buy another one for the bedroom.

JSL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. I am going to wait and see if there are any holiday bundles, but it sounds like a really good choice. There are quite a few games I have never played that are cheap, such as Batman, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, and Bioshock. I wish there were more game options for playing with my wife though; we've had our fill of Lego games at this point.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »

Quote from: JSL on October 05, 2010, 02:52:41 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. I am going to wait and see if there are any holiday bundles, but it sounds like a really good choice. There are quite a few games I have never played that are cheap, such as Batman, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, and Bioshock. I wish there were more game options for playing with my wife though; we've had our fill of Lego games at this point.

Little big planet is great.  I think little big planet 2 is coming.     

Other then that I am not sure about "wife" games..  Nothing is coming to mind.

For on the cheap you can get a gow1+2 bundle with hours of good gaming.  But your wife will hate it hah.

If you havent tried it yet, netflix video streaming is good.   She would probably use that.   
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »

Quote from: JSL on October 05, 2010, 02:52:41 PM

I wish there were more game options for playing with my wife though; we've had our fill of Lego games at this point.

Personally, I had a great time playing Heavy Rain as a "multiplayer" game by dividing the four playable characters up between us.  You might want to adjust the difficulty to account for how comfortable your wife is with the PS3 controller layout, but it's a great story and *lots* of fun to experience with someone else! nod

You could also consider Resident Evil 5, especially if you can use the PlayStation Move controls in the cooperative split-screen mode.  That game is substantially better with a human partner watching your back.

-Autistic Angel
JSL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions guys! What about games on PSN?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »

You need to get Flower and Super Stardust HD on PSN.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »

Joe Danger, Hustle Kings, Soldner - X2 and Zen Pinball are all good.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »

I agree with the last two posts.  Also that puzzle game with the little chubby fellow who eats things above him.  Critter Crunch!  Had to look it up.

And Pixel Junk Shooter (any PJ game really, but Shooter's the best, IMO).  Shatter, too.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

PixelJunk Shooter is my favorite PSN game!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:28:50 AM »

Fat Princess!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »

Quote from: JSL on October 05, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

I'm considering getting a PS3 as I sold my Wii recently. What I want to know is if it is possible to display the video through HDMI and have the sound go out through analog red/white connections? The speakers on my TV are fairly poor and currently I have a blu-ray player sending video through HDMI to the TV, but the sound goes directly to my sound system (iFi from Klipsch) that only takes red/white connections (sort of, only has line in that I split to accept red/white).

If you use hdmi for picture and analog for audio ("red,white") you might get some delay on the sound. But since it works on your BR player I guess it might work on the PS3 too. I've just never been able to get it to work properly.
I had mine hooked up with hdmi for the picture and used the analog for audio out to my amplifier (because it doesn't have hdmi). The sound was delayed a bit (enough to be annoying), I beleive it's because there's a slight delay on the analog signal.

Some hifi/tv experts can probably give a better explanation smile
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:26:12 PM by Pong » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: