http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 02:31:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing XBOX on a Laptop?  (Read 451 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2005, 01:20:02 PM »

Hi all- As I prepare to move, I'll be needing an interim way to get my XBOX fix. Any way to play it through a laptop?

I have a an Angel TV tuner for my Dell 9300 laptop that plugs in via USB 2.0.

The tuner as an S vid input and two audio inputs.

Is it possible to use the SVID and audio inputs to send my XBOX signal into my laptop?

If so, how would I get xbox images to be 'associated' with a channel so that the laptop will recognize it as such?

Anyone tried this before?

It's only a temporary situation, obviously, but since I'm on the market for a TV and I research everything to the nth degree, it may be a while before I actually own one...

Thanks.
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem.
I'm guessing your TV tuner will differentiate between broadcast signals and a video input.

If you don't have software already (or even if you do), I recommend a little freeware program called Dscaler.  I dunno if it's completely compatible with your tuner, but it de-interlaces video to give a real purrty picture.

Dunno how long you can play with an Xbox AND a laptop crushing your nads though  Tongue
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:25:41 PM »

It should be easy enough to get a signal into the laptop, the only problems might be a slight signal delay or too slow a response time.

My friend tried this and the picture was a second or more behind.  This might have been caused by a combination of hardware and software he was using.  Also, the response times for LCD's vary wildly.  It's only within the last year or so that desktop LCD's have achieved a fast enough response time.  I'm not sure about laptop LCD technology, but I'd suspect it to be the same.

I have a 9600XT VIVO edition which works great using ChrisTV.  I just watch television in a little window, however.  No delay, but it looks fugly at full screen at 1280x1024.  No doubt it would look better with component cables, but I'm just using composite.

I'm curious to hear your results!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: