http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:29:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirates! questions needed answering...  (Read 1890 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:42:16 PM »

So, so far so good with this game. It`s just alot of plain good old fun. But, I`m confused on a few things so far. It`s either a bug or I`m more confused than I thought, and I have read alot of the big instruction book that came with it...
 After I divide the plunder...I loose all my ships besides my flagship. Can someone explain this? Also after I divide my plunder, I can(in some cases) go right back and divide it again, immediatly...only a little money is involved but nevertheless it can be done over and over or so it seems. Any explaination of this? And then in other cases when I have money to divide, there i no option to divide the plunder...it`s greyed out. Same here, any ideas?
 Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I need to get to the bottom of this. Other than my confusion over these things, I`m having a blast with this game so far. Thanks in advance.   :wink:
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 07:09:33 PM »

You will always lose all your ships except your main when you divide your plunder.  You are basically starting completely over every time you do.  Its a good idea to wait to divide until either your crew is very unhappy or you have a lot of cash you want to bank before you lose it.  Keep in mind that you do grow old and you will lose a lot of time if you bank often.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:16:11 PM »

Thanks, I was starting to think that. Any ideas of the other questions?
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:13:50 PM »

When you divide up your plunder, the amount you have for your next voyage is set higher or lower based on that amount.  Since each voyage you start out with a certain amount of money, you are free to divide it right away if you so wish.  You don't really gain anything by it. except another percentage of a smaller amount of money (and four months lost until you depart)

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 08:34:55 PM »

Thanks much biggrin . And to the last remaining question :wink: ... Why is divide the plunder greyed out in certain situations when i think I have money to divide up? Thanks once more:).
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 09:05:25 PM »

I can't swear on the last answer; but I think you may have to be in a 'real' town to divide the plunder?  No pirate towns or settlements?

That's kind of a guess though; I have not loaded up a game in 3 weeks so my memory is fuzzy.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 11:36:15 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
I can't swear on the last answer; but I think you may have to be in a 'real' town to divide the plunder?  No pirate towns or settlements?

That's kind of a guess though; I have not loaded up a game in 3 weeks so my memory is fuzzy.

That's how it worked in the original Pirates game - you had to be in a friendly town (and a decent sized one at that if I remember right) before you could punch the 'end it all' button.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 07:50:33 AM »

That`s what I thought but the instruction book is huge. And it seems very detailed, but I haven`t found anthing on this specifically. I`d like to know for sure if any knows for sure. Otherwise I`ll just assume that is it. I`ll play a bit soon and see if that seems to be the way it works. Thanks.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 04:27:17 AM »

Heh, the more I play the more things make sense. Thanks though guys. I know I`m late to the party but how did you guys like this game? So far I`m really liking it. ALOT. It seems like it will be played for quite awhile. Later.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 02:27:37 PM »

I think I played it through three times in the two weeks after I got it (I don't have much gaming time typically).  Have not touched it in a couple weeks (I'm on KOTOR2 now)

I liked it a bunch; but I also played the original for hundreds of hours when I was a young teenager.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »

I can see my self not playing it for awhile, but then playing for 5 or 6 hours out of the blue. It`s "that' kind of fun :wink: .
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 03:28:42 AM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
So, so far so good with this game. It`s just alot of plain good old fun. But, I`m confused on a few things so far. It`s either a bug or I`m more confused than I thought, and I have read alot of the big instruction book that came with it...
 After I divide the plunder...I loose all my ships besides my flagship. Can someone explain this? Also after I divide my plunder, I can(in some cases) go right back and divide it again, immediatly...only a little money is involved but nevertheless it can be done over and over or so it seems. Any explaination of this? And then in other cases when I have money to divide, there i no option to divide the plunder...it`s greyed out. Same here, any ideas?
 Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I need to get to the bottom of this. Other than my confusion over these things, I`m having a blast with this game so far. Thanks in advance.   :wink:

I would strongly suggest checking the CD for manual revisions.  Plunder is something that they changed after the manual was printed.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 10:23:57 PM »

Thankyou I will do just that. Still a GREAT game!
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 06:23:27 AM »

Just picked this one up and so far so good.  

I do have one question.  Maybe I missed it, but is there a tutorial mode?  I started playing on the lowest difficutlty setting and there was very little instruction.  I have no problem learning as I go and thats what I was doing but I don't want to miss anything.

I guess I could take a look at the manual but that's a last resort.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 09:57:54 PM »

Nope..just play on the lowest difficulty.  It's the easiest way to learn. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 05:03:34 AM »

Ya, the lowest difficulty has "built in" help. Like telling you what button to use and when during a swordfight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: