http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 04:24:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What game am I getting?  (Voting closed: November 22, 2005, 01:58:51 AM)
NHL - 2 (6.5%)
NBA (2K) - 0 (0%)
NBA (EA) - 0 (0%)
Call of Doodie - 4 (12.9%)
Condemned - 13 (41.9%)
PDZ - 9 (29%)
Madden - 2 (6.5%)
FIFA - 1 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick Devil's Game (360 Launch Edition)  (Read 1601 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:58:51 AM »

Better than Pick Devil's Ass!

OK, here's the story: I'll be getting one of them there whatchacall 360 thingies next Tuesday (No Pepsi connections or lucky, generous relatives like Hetz) and I know I'm going to grab PGR and Kameo BUT which other games!!?!?!?

I'm thinking one, maybe two and normally NHL would be a lock, but everything I've heard about it says the $20 Xbox version is about the same.

I figure to wrap this little poll up (yeah, I said that) by Sunday and depending on how it goes whatever you guys pick may kick off the inaugural edition of: 10 Questions with Devil

PS: I could not suck any worse

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 02:12:44 AM »

As of right now, I'd say Madden. That could change though, once I get PDZ and Condemned tomorrow.

I'll have more on Madden once I put a bit more time into it. So far though, I'm very impressed with it....and I like the 2k games more than Madden in general.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 02:21:55 AM »

I say Condemned cuz I wanna hear some feedback on it.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:30:15 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
As of right now, I'd say Madden. That could change though, once I get PDZ and Condemned tomorrow.

I'll have more on Madden once I put a bit more time into it. So far though, I'm very impressed with it....and I like the 2k games more than Madden in general.

MORE DETAILS PLEASE!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 02:40:41 AM »

You like those dumb sports games, don't you?  I guess one of them.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:44:37 AM »

Wait on Madden to make sure it's not a straight port would be my advice. Condemned would get my vote.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 02:45:16 AM »

Yeah, Hetz more Madden stuff!! Throw up a thread in the Sports Forum and give us the details!!

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 02:49:02 AM »

Madden, PD0, or Condemend.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 06:21:24 AM »

You like those dumb sports games, don't you? I guess one of them.
LOL, I don't know a thing about sports games, but you sound like you would end up with one!  All I know is that I can't tell who's playing when I test a sports game... me - or a demo.  I love to watch baseball, football, and basketball, but play them in a game - hopeless!

I'm also guessing you'll end up with a sports title... though Perfect Dark Zero should be enticing, too.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 12:46:21 PM »

Myto - I play sports games with Devil all the time, and trust me when I say... he is more hopeless than you could ever be.   Tongue

Boob - Now, in regards to your game choice, I think you should wait until we get the verdict from Hetz on Madden (being that Hetz is a 2k supporter also, he should give us the straight skinny on this title).  If he gives it an honest thumbs up - that may be your choice.  And don't tell me you are going to pass up playing NHL2k6 on the new system.  I give you 1 chance in a billion of showing the willpower to accomplish that much restraint for more than 2 weeks.

Hetz - Please don't forget to give us significant verbage on the running game in the (new) Madden.  That is a biggie for some of us.  Improvement there will go a long way.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 01:11:24 PM »

Oh for the love of...

I have to actually agree with Hoagiehead.  If you don't pick up NHL2K6 for the 360 I will never talk to you again and remove you from my friends list! :wink: Or, I will inundate this forum with overwhelming Emergency! goodness and tell everyone it's your fault!  The Devil made me do it!

Come on Devil, we need some good hockey gaming here.  Sports gaming (particularly hockey) is practically dead here at GT.  You spent $399 on the premium system.  What's another $60 for NHL2K6???  Besides, I can't just be beating up on Hoagiehead all the time.  After awhile I'll get sick of playing those damn Halloween-clothed Broadstreet Bullies.

DO IT!
 biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:16:01 PM »

Here are some thoughts on Madden, it's not a final verdict, since I have only played a couple games, but it's my thoughts so far:

First up, Ill get this out of the way, the game graphically is the best looking game I think I have ever seen. The detail is incredible. Hell, there are realtime scuff marks made on the helmets (the helmets themselves have more polys than the whole player from the Xbox version of Madden). Also when you get an injury, it just like the render that they showed during the draft this year....it zooms in on the part of the body that is injured and does a little XRAY box over the injury, shows you the injury and tells you how long the rehab time will be. Favre got injured for me in the 2nd quarter of my first game!  :shock:

The running game feels much improved over the current gen version. I was able to slip through the line with Green, twisting his body sideways to fit through the line and dodge a tackle...that reminded me of 2k right there. I don't recall the current gen version doing that ever. I had to replay that play a couple of times to make sure I wasn't seeing things when it happend for the first time and OMG when you zoom in on replays this game basicly looks like the real thing. The faces are just incredible. That was really Amahan Green going through that hole, moving his eyes in realtime to look for the tackler, the detail on these guys is incredible. Speaking of replays, I love it how the NFL Films music kicks in when you go the replay screen and watch a replay. Really a nice touch. The game is filled with little stuff like this to make the game really come alive. Also YOU CAN JUMP OVER THE PILE AT THE GOALLINE! I love it! I did it once and one of the vikings hit me in mid air that cause me to spin around in the air and come crashing down in the middle of the pile, just short.  Really cool looking!

Which brings me to the animations, there is no comparision. This game is head and shoulders above both Madden and 2k5 for the Xbox. The animation in this game is astounding. I have never seen so many different ways to catch the ball before in a videogame. smile

I also really like how the stats are displayed in this version. Instead of a huge box at bottom that pops up every so often. There is a small box on the bottom bar that updates the down/yards to go, then after every play it shows stats from the game from the player that made the tackle or just broke the big run etc....it's really nice and looks good.

The sound in the game is another HUGE leap over the current gen version, starting with the ditching of Madden and Michaels. The commentary is just so much better with those clowns gone. The radio guy that is calling the game in this version just does a much better job. He is full of emotion and really reacts well to what is going on down on the field. I was very impressed. It's not quite a good as the 2k series commentary, but it is a huge improvement over the current gen Madden.

All in all, I would never go back to the current gen version after playing this. Yes, the current gen version has minicamp mode, superstar mode and owners mode....but I could care less about that stuff....well I liked minicamp, but I'll live. I'll take the improved gameplay and massively updated graphics, sound and animation over that fluff anyday.

Anyway, those are my quick thoughts, I haven't played much franchise yet. So I don't have a many thoughts on that yet.

Quick disclaimer: I am playing this game on a Samsung 56" 720p DLP TV. So, YMMV on the graphical aspect of the game if you are playing at 480i/p....

Any questions? Ask away! I'll do my best to answer them. smile

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 01:31:15 PM »

Condemned seems like the game of choice so far.

NHL may sneak in anyway but really, why wouldn't we just play it for xbox?

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 01:32:38 PM »

I am really looking forward to Condemned, so I voted for that.  I assume you have watched all the lead up video on the official site for condemned devil?
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 01:55:25 PM »

I don't see how you can call yourself a %$%# Devil if you don't pick up a game with the name "Condemned." Maybe we should start calling you poser-devil?

Seriously, the game has gotten really good buzz and with the exception of Kameo it seems to be the least generic of the first batch release titles.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 02:24:43 PM »

I'd have to say PDZ and Condemned

I like your first 2 choices ;-)

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 02:34:21 PM »

I would go with Condemned, with PD0 being a close second.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 02:39:03 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
NHL may sneak in anyway but really, why wouldn't we just play it for xbox?

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »

SS - Other than Poncho being afraid of the menus - Why couldn't we get an xbox tourney going?

I know I'll weaken and cave on NHL but I'm trying to put up a fight!

Condemned is still a heavy favorite!

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »

SS - Other than Poncho being afraid of the menus - Why couldn't we get an xbox tourney going?

No problem with the tournament.  I may even set it up myself since Hoagiehead is too lazy or scared (menu manipulation is required to set up a tournament). :wink: I will look into this after I come down a little from the X360 high I will have next Tuesday.

I know I'll weaken and cave on NHL but I'm trying to put up a fight!
At least you are making it look good.  You get a gold star for that.  Now, get the hell out there and buy NHL2K6 for X360 or you are banned from any future tournaments!:wink:

SS
Please don't use SS.  It makes me sound like a Nazi! :wink:

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 06:05:51 PM »

All good points!

Now you will be StaSh!

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 03:08:34 PM »

better than aShit or StarShitr slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 03:25:05 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
better than aShit or StarShitr slywink

I don't know... that's got potential Purge.  I think we can work with that.

:wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 03:32:03 PM »

Out of all of those games, Call of Duty 2 is now my favorite. Condemned is great as well, but Call of Duty 2 just blows me away. Hell all the games are great, save NBA Live. Stay far away from that one. Just get the demo on the Xbox live marketplace to see the graphics.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 07:11:51 PM »

You have all spoken: Condemned it is!!

I'd also like to add that Hetz has made me get a few of the other games on the list.

THANKS!!

Maybe PonchDown can get the 10 Question thing rolling for Tuesday...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: