http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 10:36:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pic of Xbox 360  (Read 9778 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 12:50:37 AM »

This mean's this one's 357 times better than the new Playstation, right?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2005, 07:54:38 PM »

New (unconfirmed) image, is that a webcam in the bottom right corner?

Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2005, 08:01:59 PM »

Webcam??

Noooo its the XXX box!

Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2005, 09:49:04 PM »

Close up of the controller
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000200042615/

It appears the round thing in the center is a wireless controller selector. However considering the colors, there is no way its not white.

Close up of the remote
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000040042613/

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »

Don't care for the ugly ass X logo button on the top of the remote (presumably serving the same function it does on the controller) but that is largely alleviated it by the beautiful power button sitting immediately to the right of it.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2005, 10:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
The more I think about it and the more I see it in print I'm really starting to like the name "Xbox 360".  It does seem to have impact and the number 360, at least in my brain, implies "large," "advanced," and "new."

Think about what the third iteration could be called:   Xbox 720 followed by the Xbox 1440.  I like it.  It's different and it isn't the boring old 1, 2, 3.... smile
See in my brain it implies spinning around without getting anywhere.  The only thing I like about it is that 360 degrees equals one revolution.  Cute little jab at Nintendo.  Of course, now that I think about it perhaps Xbox 365 would have been better.  Gaming for every day of the year and greater than a revolution. :lol:

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

My god that thing is ginormous.  It's almost as big as the old XBOX!  I thought they learned that no one wants a big hulking dinosaur of a console system.  I will PROBABLY stick with Sony.  Right now they have almost all the games that the XBOX does and a lot that it doesnt.  So unless the Xbox magically corners the japanese market I probably won't be purchasing one.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »

Quote from: "Canuck"
My god that thing is ginormous.  It's almost as big as the old XBOX!  I thought they learned that no one wants a big hulking dinosaur of a console system.

12+ Million would disagree.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2005, 03:34:21 PM »

Well, I like the design. It isnt exaclty what I thought, but it does look nice, and that remote is much better.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2005, 03:45:45 PM »

My god that thing is ginormous.  It's almost as big as the old XBOX!  I thought they learned that no one wants a big hulking dinosaur of a console system.  I will PROBABLY stick with Sony.  Right now they have almost all the games that the XBOX does and a lot that it doesnt.  So unless the Xbox magically corners the japanese market I probably won't be purchasing one.

I can understand not getting a systems because of its games
I can understand not getting a systems because of its controllers
I can even understand not getting a systems because of some retarded company loyality.
But its size? Are you serious? Its smaller than the current xbox.

Look at my enertainment center

Except for the Game Cube, the Xbox is the smallest thing there and the Xbox 360 will be smaller

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2005, 06:13:05 PM »

The perspective in that shot is skewed.  Best estimates of proportions bases on size of disk tray put it roughly the same size as the original PS2 which would be significantly smaller than the original Xbox.
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2005, 06:44:15 PM »

Am I the only one that does not like how the controller looks? I dont know, maybe the analogs and D-Pad white instead of black would look better.

Also, did you guys noticed the 1, 2, 3, 4 around the Xbox logo in the Controller? It might be to tell players what "controler slot" they are in the machine. But I got a question, how will you identify which xbox is your controller in if there are more than 1 xbox in the room? Say 4 xboxes, how can you tell which xbox is your controller connected to?

I am pretty sure they will have different frequencies, but still that won't tell you which xbox you are on. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Yeyeman9

PS. Also, will xbox 1 controllers be usable in Xbox 360?

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2005, 07:06:14 PM »

Also, will xbox 1 controllers be usable in Xbox 360?
Not if there arnt any ports smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2005, 08:24:22 PM »

I can see one port in the machine.  I think you'll still be able to use your old S controllers or the Couch-controller.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2005, 08:48:14 PM »

They can sell a "wireless" adapter which you can introduce to your "memory cards slots" in the controller. But still...the cable will bother you hanging around.

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2005, 09:53:03 PM »

If size matters, check out this
http://img192.echo.cx/img192/4697/vs2yx.jpg

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 02:23:50 AM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
If size matters, check out this
http://img192.echo.cx/img192/4697/vs2yx.jpg

Ahh ok that's not so bad then smile  But if you read on in my post Rob you'll see that I base my decisions not on size but on games which is why I don't own an Xbox and probably won't own a 360 unless they somehow manage to get a lot of Japanese developers on board which they better do or else nobody in Japan will buy one.

I'm actually living in Tokyo right now and the Xbox sections in all the videogame stores are absolutely miniscule or even non existent.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 12:36:41 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the controller looks like a toy? Honestly, if that controller was for the next Nintendo console, I think this forum would be all over it calling it "too kiddie".

Otherwise, I like the look of the new X-Box.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 01:25:40 PM »

I think the controller will look better with a skin on it.  Its gonna require a play test at E3 to be sure though.

You guys hit the front page and see the skin link?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 01:29:40 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
You guys hit the front page and see the skin link?

Yeah they look really ugly. If thats the skin choices, I'll stick with white thank you very much.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2005, 06:14:25 PM »

Check out CNN Headline News - they had a little blurb on the new XBox, showed a pic of it upright, like a PC.  I was on the phone at the time, so I mostly missed the commentary, but the picture looked very cool.  I think they may have gotten it from another site, though, so the picture of it upright and looking very sleek and shiny, probably came from somewhere else...  anyone else seen it?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2005, 11:33:11 PM »

I don't know what pic in particular you saw, but here's a picture of it upright if you haven't seen it before:

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 11:45:50 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"
My god that thing is ginormous.  It's almost as big as the old XBOX!  I thought they learned that no one wants a big hulking dinosaur of a console system.

12+ Million would disagree.

But 25+ million do agree, and prefer Sony. slywink It's not that I'm a huge Sony fanboy, but Microsoft's decisions in the past and present just seem to piss me off. I still think XBox 360 is a flat-out retarded name for a console, but then I'm content to be the Old Man Murray of the boards. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 11:51:58 PM »

Just because there's 25+ million that have a Sony doesn't mean they all prefer it.  Some of us have both, but prefer the Xbox.  Others of us have had to buy a second PS2 because our first one (or second, or third) crapped out.  Plus, the new Xbox is actually smaller than the big PS2.

Oh, and someone said that it's doomed from the start because it's white.  You know what else is white?  The iPod.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »

wonderpug, it looked more like this, except it looked like a good, clear photograph, and a straight on view,  not the slightly angled view from your shot:

Bear in mind, it was a quick glimpse only.  They may also have referred to another site where they got the picture, but I missed that part.  Just wondering if anyone else saw it and if it really was any better looking - sometimes a quick look at something makes it appear better than it really was!  It looked great to me, and I hadn't been impressed by it's appearance up to that point... :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2005, 02:51:00 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
I still think XBox 360 is a flat-out retarded name for a console

Many people thought that PlayStation sounded too much like something coming from Fischer Price before it was actually released.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2005, 03:28:14 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"
Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
I still think XBox 360 is a flat-out retarded name for a console

Many people thought that PlayStation sounded too much like something coming from Fischer Price before it was actually released.

I don't recall saying I was an overt fan of the name PlayStation either, but XBox 360 is outright stupid. slywink And who says it'll fail based on the color scheme? That's just silly. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2005, 08:48:56 AM »

I don't think the colour of the console really matters that much.  Look at the Playstation-it was white and it killed.  I've heard the same thing about black but look at the PS2.  Hmm I guess the moral of the story is that they could release the PS2 in rainbow colour and people would still buy it lol.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »

The legend goes that the gray console always wins.  NES, SNES, Playstation (which was gray, the smaller PSOne was white) were all gray.  Last generation, there were no gray consoles, so who knows what that means.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2005, 12:04:45 PM »

I don't understand all this moaning.  Who gives a damn what color the system is and what shape it is.  As long as the thing has great games they could make it the size of a TV and neon pink and I would buy it.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2005, 12:45:47 PM »

I was against the 360 name at first, however its growing on my. Reminds me of the days of the Atari 2600 and all its number systems

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2005, 01:05:29 PM »

Arkon=Correct

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2005, 02:45:19 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
I don't understand all this moaning.  Who gives a damn what color the system is and what shape it is.  As long as the thing has great games they could make it the size of a TV and neon pink and I would buy it.

I agree but I've seen plenty of people praising the PSP's sleek design over the clunky one of the DS.  The sad fact is that asthetics do play a role in consumer perception of a product.  Especially with the push to get consoles out of the playroom and into the living-room, so to speak.  

That said, while the the 360 design really does nothing for me, it looks to be relatively unobtrusive, which is all it needs to do. I'd prefer a color other than white though because it will stand out like  sore thumb in my entertainment center (where all the components are black or brushed metal).  

I do think the name 360 is rather silly.  So the Xbox is back to square one?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2005, 03:47:42 PM »

It's no dumber than "Play Station", "Game Cube", or "Dream Cast" smile
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2005, 04:46:33 PM »

I'm in the camp that doesn't like Xbox 360, but it isn't going to stop me from buying it or seeing how they market it (maybe the 360 has an ingenius marketing plan behind it).

I personally would have gone with NeXtBox like it was being called early on outside of the "Xenon" code name.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »

Pesonally I think Xenon is cooler than any of the proposed Xbox 2 names (Xbox FS was another they did focus testing for) but I can understand wanting to continue the Xbox branding.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 05:16:02 PM »

I think X-Box 360 is pretty silly myself. What does it even mean? It's coming back to where it started?

I would have gone with something like X².
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 05:19:22 PM »

Well, 360 degrees is 1 "revolution", perhaps it is a way of saying a revolutionary X-Box.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11:20 PM »

As for the comment that some prefer the Xbox because they have had not one, not two, but up to 3 PS2's because they crapped out- I am currently on my 3rd Xbox and first PS2.  Not everything is peachy in the green corner either.

I too think 360 is dumb, but as someone says, who cares.  Imortant thing is they play games well.  The bigger issue to me is crappy games, not consoles.  I have had and/or played over 125 Xbox games to date and I can honestly say that about 20% were good.  The rest weren't worth even the price of a rental.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2005, 11:52:55 PM »

I can count on one hand the number of titles I actually enjoyed and were worth the price of buying on the PS2.  Everyone has different tastes...I would say 85% of the games I have played on XBox were worth the purchase for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: