http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 05:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pic of XBOX 360 Kiosk  (Read 1390 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2005, 03:11:42 AM »

Nice!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 04:08:44 AM »

I like the other one better!  :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:44 AM »

That looks like the Halo 2 battle rifle on the screen.

I guess they really are making a Halo 2.5
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 10:33:21 AM »

Damn, that kiosk is going to have a better television than most people do.  Smart move though, using a fancy screen to show off the system.  Too bad most of them will get messed up really fast.  Have you seen what people do to these things?  I'm afraid to touch the controllers at Best Buy sometimes.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 01:44:39 PM »

I wouldn't say I have OCD, but if I forget myself and actually touch one of those kiosk controllers, I have to wash my hands immediately. Those things get disgusting.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 02:13:09 PM »

EBG Manager:  Uh...why does the Kiosk have an 19" Analog TV Duct taped to it instead of the HD LCD?

EBG Flunky: Oh, Steve said he was going to work on the LCD and brought in his TV from his bedroom to replace it.

[EBG Manager a-splodes, but not before firing Steve and his fellow flunky]

Done posting
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 05:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "the Nightbreeze"
EBG Manager:  Uh...why does the Kiosk have an 19" Analog TV Duct taped to it instead of the HD LCD?

EBG Flunky: Oh, Steve said he was going to work on the LCD and brought in his TV from his bedroom to replace it.

[EBG Manager a-splodes, but not before firing Steve and his fellow flunky]

The new clear duct tape will match the console. You give EBG managers too much credit for noticing. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 05:27:37 PM »

You just blew my worrld view wide open!  Clear Duct Tape?  Oh I must learn more about this marvel of adhesion!

Done posting
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 05:44:47 PM »

Dude MS is pulling out all the stops for this. Thats classy and very cool!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 06:56:08 PM »

You just blew my worrld view wide open!  Clear Duct Tape?  Oh I must learn more about this marvel of adhesion!

Check out the new clear duct tape... it's being advertised by the king of duct tape repair himself..

As to the kiosk, I agree it's pretty damned classy. Given that the companies have to pay for them, I doubt they're going to be disassembled by the store employees. I also suspect they have a durable plexiglass covering the screen so no fingers get to abuse the surface.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 08:23:22 PM »

Don't buy the Clear Duct Tape, it's a horrible product. Unless they've fixed the adhesive do not buy that stuff unless you use a roll of it in less than a month.

The adhesive they used doesn't really stay on the tape and it all ways oozed out into the packaging making it a bear to open and to sell to customers. We had about 3 cases of that stuff in my store that I promptly clearanced down to a $1 a roll and got out of the store. Great idea, like a lot of 3m products, but horrible execution.

Oh and that's a Hot kiosk, hopefully all the retailers will spring for that one.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 09:28:46 PM »

I believe this was proven to be a fake several weeks ago.

the memory card slot and original xbox controllers are a dead giveaway, among others.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"

Check out the new clear duct tape... it's being advertised by the king of duct tape repair himself..

OMG! I [Heart] Purge!  

Red Green is my weekly Saturday night plans.  Pays the wife back for all the Reality TV all week.  I have to catch it on my local PBS. I wish American TV would embrace a dose of Red Green-esque clever in it's programing.   If I see one more dittzy blonde twig cry on TV, I think I will  blow up  the networks.

Done posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: