http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 10:15:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phantom Kingdom coming to US  (Read 1126 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:55:29 AM »

Nippon Ichi America has announced that they are bringing the Disgaea-esque strategy RPG Phantom Kingdom to the US under the name Makai Kingdom.  RPGFan has some screenshots.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 11:53:44 AM »

Hey, looking god...but I hope to God they go back to the grid system.  Screw that Phantom Brave circular system-movement-thingee.  I want my grid back!

TheMissingLink on PSN
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 12:11:46 PM »

Because they are guaranteed to sell oodles more with the name Makai Kingdom than Phantom Kingdom?  What a strange name choice.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 01:35:03 PM »

Hey, looking god...but I hope to God they go back to the grid system. Screw that Phantom Brave circular system-movement-thingee. I want my grid back!

what he said! (it looks like, from the screenshots, that they have)...

anyone needing a small dose of nippon ichi in the meantime might want to check out rhapsody - a bit hard to get ahold of (cheaply), but fun as both a game & a bit of ni history...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 06:46:19 PM »

Now I REALLY need to get through Disgaea, start Phantom Brave and finish that, and think about my choices: La Puecelle or Phantom Kingdom?

PSN ID: EduardoX
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 07:53:01 PM »

I think they wanted to distance the game from Phantom Brave, and play up the Disgaea tie-ins like Prinnies, thus the name change.  They also have a PSP game coming out called Makai Wars (again featuring Prinnies).

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 08:42:40 PM »

I've been looking for Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for quite some time now.  I know that it's selling on Ebay and such, but I don't want to dish out that much cash for it.  Though, it looks so AWESOME and hey - a musical game?!  You have to love that!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 08:52:25 PM »

Blarg!  I need to find Rhapsody biggrin  And BTW, La Pucelle kicks ass.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 01:17:01 AM »

I've been looking for Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for quite some time now. I know that it's selling on Ebay and such, but I don't want to dish out that much cash for it.

you've been warned - the game's very silly, & very easy, & pretty damn short...

but fun (& weird), nonetheless smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 10:34:08 AM »

Well shitbomb.  Looking at the Japan trailer for the game, they have indeed stuck with the circular system rather than a grid.  I guess I had better repurchase Phantom Brave and grab the strategy manual because I was confused as HELL playing that game.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 06:04:01 PM »

Well shitbomb. Looking at the Japan trailer for the game, they have indeed stuck with the circular system rather than a grid. I guess I had better repurchase Phantom Brave and grab the strategy manual because I was confused as HELL playing that game.

yeah, you're correct (just saw it on gametrailers). oh, well, they know what they're doing, i guess... right?...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: