http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 07:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PGR4 to have.....  (Read 796 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »

MOTORCYCLES!!!!  I was going to pass on Project Gotham Racer 4 but now I'm reconsidering.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:27 AM »

Why pass on PGR4 evenw ithout motorbikes? It looks like it is shaping up to be a spectacular racer.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:52 AM »

Oh and Ceekay your avatar is creepy. VERY creepy.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:44:17 AM »

Everytime I start to get excited about PGR4 I remember how PGR3 isn't even about winning a race, it's all about kudos and developers have said PGR4 is going to imphasize them even more.  I hate kudos, they actually try to get you to race improperly and not in a straight line.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:55:10 AM »

MEGATON!!!

Man I hate E3 this year...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 01:34:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 11, 2007, 01:09:48 AM

MOTORCYCLES!!!!  I was going to pass on Project Gotham Racer 4 but now I'm reconsidering.

Welcome to last week dude!
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »

I will be in if its more head to head races, and less to none of the stupid challenges (the cone stuff). 

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

I'm actually super excited about this.  The only thing I don't understand is how they're going to have races with cars and bikes.  Even mid-level bikes should be able to obliterate the acceleration and top speed of even high-level cars.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on July 11, 2007, 01:43:37 PM

I will be in if its more head to head races, and less to none of the stupid challenges (the cone stuff). 

1000 percent agree.  I loathe those ignorant cone challenges.  One of the dumbest racing game decisions in history imo.  Dear Lord, please let them be gone, gone I say!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:14 PM »

I am still two cone challenges away from 100% gold on PGR3.  I hate those things.

gellar
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:13 PM »

As I play through the game, and I am doing so right now, I set them at the novice setting and just get through them as easily as I can to be rid of them so I can move on to what I really like. 

I think you are an amazingly gifted driver and a very patience dude to almost be gold on them bad boys.  Good for you.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on July 11, 2007, 11:43:13 PM

As I play through the game, and I am doing so right now, I set them at the novice setting and just get through them as easily as I can to be rid of them so I can move on to what I really like. 

I think you are an amazingly gifted driver and a very patience dude to almost be gold on them bad boys.  Good for you.

I had to settle on silver for the cone challenges, and I loathed them so much that going back to reach gold just wasn't worth the frustration.  I enjoyed PGR3, and the cone challenges were sometimes a nice change of pace, but the level of difficulty and frustration eventually made them more tedious than fun.  At least for me. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 12:34:03 AM »

Quote from: kathode on July 11, 2007, 02:12:50 PM

I'm actually super excited about this.  The only thing I don't understand is how they're going to have races with cars and bikes.  Even mid-level bikes should be able to obliterate the acceleration and top speed of even high-level cars.

Speed and acceleration.. yes. Handling? No. Get on a track with a few extremely sharp turns. 90 degrees, U turns, that kind of stuff. See how far ahead the cars finish. Your point remains though, in that cars and bikes will never be equivalent. It will be entirely track dependent and I don't see how they make it fair without basing victory entirely on Kudos and not on.. you know, winning.

I'm still going to get the game, but I'm gonna get really annoyed if during the singleplayer game there's races where you essentially have to use a bike to win because the track is more fitting to a bike than a car. I believe they've stated at no point during the game will anyone be forced to use a bike but that doesn't eliminate my.. uh, hesitation I guess.

As someone who really loves PGR3 (100% Gold baby!) I'm a tad worried about all the changes they're making.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: