http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 06:50:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PGR:3 demo up on marketplace  (Read 1270 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:25:23 AM »

Those that want to try  PGR3 can now grab it from the marketplace

Comes in at a hefty 1.25 gig

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:18:16 AM »

can someone who has tried the demo post what cars and cities are included?  i already have the game, but i'm curious what's available for everyone to try Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 07:19:06 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
can someone who has tried the demo post what cars and cities are included?  i already have the game, but i'm curious what's available for everyone to try Cool

I'm going to download it tonight, I'll let you know as soon as I play it!

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »

Looks like Tokyo is the city.  As for the cars, I dont remember them.  There was something like 6 you can choose from.  I know a Mercedes and Ferrari were in there, but I dont know the models.

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
Looks like Tokyo is the city.  As for the cars, I dont remember them.  There was something like 6 you can choose from.  I know a Mercedes and Ferrari were in there, but I dont know the models.

cool...the Tokyo tracks tend to be a little more difficult in my opinion, but they definitly have flashy graphics.  i think would have chosen one of the NY tracks though...some views of the skyline when you're crossing the Brooklyn bridge are just awesome Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »

Ive already played the game for a bit and didn't much care for it but Im downloading it for the hell of it biggrin
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 09:06:07 PM »

I loved the first games, but for some reason the demo didn't grab me.  Maybe it's because Need4Speed:MW has turned out to be the most fun I've had with a racing title since the Burnout series, but PGR3 just seemed like PGR2 with a faster starting selection of cars and upgraded visuals.

For those that have both PGR3 and Need4Speed, which one do you prefer?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »

Dimmona -

I feel the same way about this version of PGR. I couldn't wait for it and now I just can't get into it like the last 2. I think I miss the 'real' cars.

I also have NFS but haven't opened it yet...I will now!!

Thanks!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 10:14:09 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"

NFS all the way. It is a much more engaging game. PGR3 is vanilla.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »

i have NFS:MW for PC and PGR3, and it's honestly a tough comparison in my mind...they're two extremely different games.  NFS is definitely a more thrilling, adrenaline-pumping experience, while PGR3 is less exciting but more of a precision/skill game.  i enjoy the challenge of PGR3, but it's also a heck of a lot of fun to run from (and destroy) the cops in NFS without any concern for your own car.  i guess the better game really depends on your own tastes...both are good racers, but they're clearly aimed at different crowds.

for what it's worth, i never owned an xbox and didn't play the previous PGR games, so it's more of a fresh experience for me than some of the veterans here.  i could see where someone who's played a lot of PGR in the past might get bored with PGR3...i don't think it really offers much of anything new or special compared to previous releases.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"

i have NFS:MW for PC and PGR3, and it's honestly a tough comparison in my mind...they're two extremely different games.  NFS is definitely a more thrilling, adrenaline-pumping experience, while PGR3 is less exciting but more of a precision/skill game.  i enjoy the challenge of PGR3, but it's also a heck of a lot of fun to run from (and destroy) the cops in NFS without any concern for your own car.  i guess the better game really depends on your own tastes...both are good racers, but they're clearly aimed at different crowds.

Agreed.  I have both and play them equally.

gellar
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 11:24:27 PM »

I personally don't think NFS is a racing game.  Sure it has cars and you drive them, but I think of it as an action game and PGR3 as a racer.  Since 90 percent of NFS is just keeping your foot on the accelerator and throwing caution to the wind it, to me, is all about action action action.  You drive like a maniac and tear half the town up and actually get points for doing it.  To me that is an action game.  While PGR3 is all about finesse driving involving expertly taken corners, braking, and drifting.  That is driving.  

So, if you want action, get NFS.  If you want to test your mettle as a AAA driver, then get PGR3.   I like both, but since I am not interested in the online piece I have gotten out of PGR3 all I am gonna and am ready to try out NFS more.  I like the demo and think I would dig the game.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 12:14:16 AM »

Well let me ask this then for those who have played PGR2 in addition to PGR3 - are there any new gameplay differences?  The demo was too short to really see what changes (if any) there are, but it felt almost identical to PGR2.  The kudos even felt fairly similar.... can you still get 90k kudos on a map by fishtailing the whole way?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 01:01:51 PM »

To me PGR3 is PGR2 with shinier cars.  That's all.  Oh, and there are no low end cars.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
To me PGR3 is PGR2 with shinier cars.  That's all.  Oh, and there are no low end cars.

...and you can use the same car through the entire game, there are classes but no class restrictions on any of the single player races. I played the entire single player with two cars... there's not really much reason to buy other cars except for achievements and just filling garages since you have basically unlimited money and can buy the most expensive car in the game VERY early on.

Gameplay-wise it is pretty much the same, there are a couple of new race types like one solo timed race where you need to earn kudos to extend the timer. Nothing really groundbreaking.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 03:09:37 PM »

This may be more about racing games in general but is there ever anything really new besides different cars and tracks?  I supose you could have more realistic modeling but there just doesn't seem to be much else to improve.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 03:39:20 PM »

Farley - You're right, but could probably say that about any genre.

While most are somewhat the same, others just stand out.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: