http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 01:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona 3 Thread of S. Link of awesomeness maxed out  (Read 20027 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2007, 06:41:47 AM »

Quote from: depward on August 25, 2007, 05:42:02 AM

My girlfriend just told me she hates hearing the music when I'm playing.  Hates..  This is coming from someone who kinda enjoys other SMT soundtracks.

I shed a quick little tear... but I told her she'd be hearing a whole heck of a lot more of it.

For reals, tell her to deal bro.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »

Quote from: depward on August 25, 2007, 05:42:02 AM

My girlfriend just told me she hates hearing the music when I'm playing.  Hates..  This is coming from someone who kinda enjoys other SMT soundtracks.

I shed a quick little tear... but I told her she'd be hearing a whole heck of a lot more of it.
I love the music.  I can't get the start of school song out of my head.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »

lol me too.   I love that little school song, very catchy.   thought i was the only nerd here.  or so my wife thinks anyways

depward

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »

I love it too!  So yeah, kinda disappointing... but whatevs.

Finally found a beetle shell... of course, after the fact, but whatevs   Tongue

I have to say, going to the shrine every day and getting my fortune has been nice to my pocketbook!  I always then donate (depending on how much I got for the fortune) to the shrine to improve my academics.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2007, 11:41:33 PM »

special props to the history teacher with the helmet - all the teachers are great, but that guy's fantastic (& weirdly, very believable)...

i'm really starting to think that just about everything being released in the next while's gonna have to wait behind this game. simplistic graphics aside, p3's just about flawless...

Quote from: Nth Power on August 24, 2007, 11:50:46 PM

Does anything ever happen in the nightclub?

(peeking in the guide) depending on when various personal bits have been accomplished, eventually, yes...

Spoiler for Hiden:
both your attribute levels (academics/charm/courage) & the strengths of your s-links with certain arcana can unlock additional encounters...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2007, 03:54:11 AM »

Wow

I had planned on getting several hours into Bioshock tonight, but Persona 3 stopped that. 

What a fantastic and addicting game we have here.   Just went through my midterm exams and looks like all turned out well.  Then spent a couple long nights leveling and exploring the dungeon and made it from 20 to 36.   Beat the boss on 36 and decided to take a break.

As great as Bioshock is, looks like it'll be taking the backseat for awhile until i get burnt out on Persona.   Wonderful wonderful game.

I should be getting the guide in the mail Monday, so i've saved all my new personas and will read the guide before i fuse some.   Looking forward to getting the guide and seeing some hints to make the gameplay even better.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »

It really is. I also reached floor 36 in the dungeon, except I got my ass handed to me, so I need to do a bit more leveling. Either way, that "just one more day" addiction is definitely present in this game. And it's very possible I'll do a New Game+ after I'm done.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

Got to floor 22 trying to get to the next transport when Yukari and Junpei became tired.   icon_frown  I was able to finish the Old Lantern request though.

Quote from: semiconscious on August 25, 2007, 11:41:33 PM

Quote from: Nth Power on August 24, 2007, 11:50:46 PM

Does anything ever happen in the nightclub?

(peeking in the guide) depending on when various personal bits have been accomplished, eventually, yes...

Spoiler for Hiden:
both your attribute levels (academics/charm/courage) & the strengths of your s-links with certain arcana can unlock additional encounters...
Good to know. I guess I need to keep working on some personal improvement.  icon_smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:14 AM »

I'm going to start this up tomorrow night but I have a question regarding difficulty. I'm thinking of playing on easy, does this change the ending at all? Like if I play on easy do I get the crappy ending?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2007, 01:50:23 AM »

Quote from: Natjak on August 27, 2007, 01:44:14 AM

I'm going to start this up tomorrow night but I have a question regarding difficulty. I'm thinking of playing on easy, does this change the ending at all? Like if I play on easy do I get the crappy ending?
From what I've heard... no.  Doesn't change anything but, naturally, how nasty the enemies are.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2007, 10:39:42 PM »

Mass Destruction song at work = good times

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:16 PM »

got old document #3, hooked up with the master gourmet (or whatever the hell he calls himself), & met 'the man who talks like a woman' - it's been a busy week (need to hit the books more, probably)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »

Does this game run on a PS3 well?

Looking for someone who has tried.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2007, 03:26:25 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on August 28, 2007, 03:23:18 PM

no problems here (on the emotion chip ps3)...

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2007, 03:30:40 PM »

For anyone who has HD Loader, it does wonders for the load times. 
depward

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on August 28, 2007, 03:26:25 PM

No problem here either - runs beautifully.

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on August 28, 2007, 03:30:40 PM

For anyone who has HD Loader, it does wonders for the load times. 

Yes, yes it does.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2007, 05:04:06 PM »

running mine on a PS3 as well.

just got to the 50th floor.  i'm at 17 hours in now.   at this pace it'll take me over 100 hours to reach the top!!

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2007, 06:08:55 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on August 28, 2007, 05:04:06 PM

just got to the 50th floor.  i'm at 17 hours in now.   at this pace it'll take me over 100 hours to reach the top!!

I must be falling behind, I'm at 18 hours and I only just killed the floor 36 boss. The date is June 6.  I better step it up.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on August 28, 2007, 05:04:06 PM

I'm just curious, are you using a widescreen display?  I've been playing this with the black sides, but I was wondering how it looked stretched.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2007, 09:51:40 PM »

Ya i'm playing on a 71" Widescreen HDTV.

Personally i think it looks excellent for a PS2 title.   No complaints at all from me.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2007, 06:33:58 PM »

just got to the 3rd block, 59th floor i believe.  i can't go any further because it is blocked.   which brings me to a question..........do i have to wait until the next full moon to go on?   i still have 22 days before the next moon.   do i have to wait that long?

also, how does everyone manage S Links?  do you concentrate on one and level it up or do you just do what you are in the mood for?   i've managed to max one and i'm 1 level to maxing another.   however, the others are just at level 1 or 2.  should i spread them out or concentrate on one at a time?

lastly, so far the encounters are fairly easy.  i've only died once in 60 floors and most fights aren't even close.   does it get any more difficult?

depward

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on August 30, 2007, 06:33:58 PM

just got to the 3rd block, 59th floor i believe.  i can't go any further because it is blocked.   which brings me to a question..........do i have to wait until the next full moon to go on?   i still have 22 days before the next moon.   do i have to wait that long?

also, how does everyone manage S Links?  do you concentrate on one and level it up or do you just do what you are in the mood for?   i've managed to max one and i'm 1 level to maxing another.   however, the others are just at level 1 or 2.  should i spread them out or concentrate on one at a time?

lastly, so far the encounters are fairly easy.  i've only died once in 60 floors and most fights aren't even close.   does it get any more difficult?
Yep, after the next full moon event it will become unblocked.  I dunno, just grind it out for your visits to Tartarus!  Or just, if you think your levels are sufficient, focus on S.Links or do some requests from Elizabeth.

I'm spreading it out right now.  My babygirl Chihiro and I are like two little geeky lovebirds...

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2007, 06:52:42 PM »

I made it to floor 40 a couple days ago, but I'm blocked from going any further.  The date is June 2nd, so I'm just levelling up some personas until the barrier clears.

I've been spreading my S-Links around.  Most are level 3 or 4, but I think I'll start to concentrate on two of them.  Maybe my track buddy and my potential sweetie, Chihiro although she seems a little uptight about kissing.  

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2007, 09:06:42 PM »

just started getting 'intimate' with yuko last night (sounds better than it actually was). must admit, i'm already getting a little bored with the tartarus at this point, but there's more than enough of everything else going on to keep me playing...

Zap Rowsdower
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2007, 09:27:51 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on August 30, 2007, 06:33:58 PM

You'll need to spread the attention around a little with your classmates, espeically after they start calling you. I've had the Magician Link guy break his link with me after I turned him down too many times.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2007, 09:46:41 PM »

past the third full moon, & getting close to finals & august vacation. for the first time, the next tartarus block didn't jack up the difficulty the way the previous sections did - can't tell if i'm over-leveled (25-30), or if the game's just getting easier. still really enjoying myself - if ffxii let me down in any way, it was it's over-all lack of humor, & that's something that's definitely not a concern with p3...

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »

just beat the third full moon myself.  si far, all the boss battles have been easy.   noone in my party has died and most of the time the battles are never in question.

regardless, still loving the game.   alot of damn fun.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »

i guess i must be hitting a wall.   i really like the S Links alot, but Tarturus is getting old to me.   I might drop it for a week or so and then go back.   Combat is getting repetitive a bit.

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2007, 03:43:48 PM »

Quote from: depward on August 28, 2007, 03:53:02 PM

Quote from: semiconscious on August 28, 2007, 03:26:25 PM

No problem here either - runs beautifully.

Cool, thank you for the info. I picked it up the other day. I do have the PS3 with the PS2 chip

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

One thing that kind of bugs me about the S. Link system is the lack of nuance.  Generally to make the other person happy you have to tell them exactly what they want to hear even if it isn't in their best interests.  For example I want to be a good friend and warn Kenji to back off his teacher-loving ways but if I say anything that isn't completely supportive I miss out on an opportunity to rank my S. Link up. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »

Saw this on GAF and got a kick out of it smile

depward

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »

Haha!  Clever   icon_lol

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2007, 03:42:01 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 07, 2007, 03:31:23 PM

Saw this on GAF and got a kick out of it smile

classic...

reaching the end of august/vacation, with the second semester to follow. yeah, the s-link thing's a bit twitchy - tho i did give the uptight student council dude a piece of my mind, anyway smile . repeated trips to the tartarus are indeed getting a little old at this point, but everything else continues to impress/amuse, & i'm a bit too far into it at this point to pack it in now...

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2007, 03:54:58 PM »

I'm still a lot earlier due to taking time off to devote to Bioshock and Metroid (about halfway through June)  but I'm finding it's not worth it to just grind in Tartarus.  Leveling in general is slow and especially for personas since they only get a cut of EXP for battles they participate in unless they have the Growth skill.  S. Links seem a much better way of leveling up- I find it's often easier just refuse them and use the S. Link bonus for leveling.  For example, I had a Level 10 Archangel that was taking forever to even make it to 11.  But instead I just fused another one later and let the S. Link bonus take him to Lvl 13. 

So right now my Tartarus strategy is pretty much to get to the Teleport points ASAP followed by progressing as far up as I can before the Full Moon.  Once that's done I just go there if I'm working on Elizabeth's requests or another odd or end. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 07, 2007, 03:54:58 PM

I'm still a lot earlier due to taking time off to devote to Bioshock and Metroid (about halfway through June)  but I'm finding it's not worth it to just grind in Tartarus.  Leveling in general is slow and especially for personas since they only get a cut of EXP for battles they participate in unless they have the Growth skill.  S. Links seem a much better way of leveling up- I find it's often easier just refuse them and use the S. Link bonus for leveling.  For example, I had a Level 10 Archangel that was taking forever to even make it to 11.  But instead I just fused another one later and let the S. Link bonus take him to Lvl 13. 

So right now my Tartarus strategy is pretty much to get to the Teleport points ASAP followed by progressing as far up as I can before the Full Moon.  Once that's done I just go there if I'm working on Elizabeth's requests or another odd or end. 

agree with all you say (i unlock the teleports immediately, as well), but, to the extent that you can only fuse up to your character's level (plus the s link bonus, of course), along with the fact that everyone's basic stats (hp/sp) & your party's personas need to be leveled, i'm still finding a certain amount of grinding to be helpful (tho the full moon bosses have continued to be quite doable, there've been some mean tartarus bosses)...

but basically, yeah, the heart of the game is all about the s links, & trying to somehow cultivate them all as well as you can (that, & creating good skill-passing fusions, something i'm not sure i'll ever get the hang of...

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »

Man I want to play this game.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2007, 09:26:41 PM »

Yeah, I've played about 40 hours of this game, and I'm at the halfway point.  icon_confused

On a more positive note, at least I've maxed out my Charm/Courage/Academics, so I can focus on grinding levels and maxing out S-links.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »

I'm afraid I caved into the forum effect and picked up a copy on my lunch break. I've been eyeing the SE version for a while and I noticed they were starting to dissapear in stores and I can't imagine they'll be many pre-owned SE versions available anytime soon if ever.
So far I've only glanced at the art book and I've been very wowed by the character designs and artwork; made me  very happy I got the SE version. Now if I can just find some time to squeeze in some gameplay between MP3 and Bioshock.  Roll Eyes
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »

This game is just amazing wow. I got about 15 hours in and I decided to restart to optimize my character. Well the second time through I fused myself a Lilim (level 8 devil) I'm using her instead of Orpheus well she has all the low level elemental spells (agi, bufu, guru, zio, dia and charm) is there a reason for me to hold onto the original Orpheus, because I find his skill set really lacking.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: