http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 06:10:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Gamer....  (Read 6422 times)
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 03:08:57 PM »

If it's a blizzard announcement and it's not Starcraft 2 I'll be the guy on the news getting arrested after their headquarters explodes in a fiery burst of hate and anger combined with napalm and c4.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

I won't go that far, but I will visit you in jail to show my support for what ya' did.

With our luck, it's probably Microsoft related anyway, and Blizzard has nothing to do with the announcement.   :?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 04:00:45 PM »

It is high time for star craft 2.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »

I am going out on a limb, but I am going to say: Titan Quest Beta

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006, 10:21:59 PM »

I'd buy World of Starcraft, but only if it had the vehicles in it.  Imagine PvP with Siege Tanks thrown into the mix!  :twisted:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2006, 11:31:07 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
I'd buy World of Starcraft, but only if it had the vehicles in it.  Imagine PvP with Siege Tanks thrown into the mix!  :twisted:

Ya but they'd count that as a mount and make you be lvl 40 and have 1000 credits . Not to mention having to travel the universe looking for materials just to have to find some guy who makes parts nobody else wants to craft just to get it put together smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2006, 11:39:39 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
If it's a blizzard announcement and it's not Starcraft 2  I'll be the guy on the news getting arrested after their headquarters explodes in a fiery burst of hate and anger combined with napalm and c4.

See, I feel the same way about Diablo 3.

How many hundreds of RTS games have appeared since Starcraft?

How many Diablo clones?

You RTS people have a wealth of crappy games to choose from.  We Diablo fans have to chose among Dungeon Seige, Sacred and freakin Harbinger.

At least Fate threw us a bone last year.   Tongue
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2006, 09:22:09 AM »

Quote from: "Exodor"
If it's a blizzard announcement and it's not Starcraft 2  I'll be the guy on the news getting arrested after their headquarters explodes in a fiery burst of hate and anger combined with napalm and c4.

See, I feel the same way about Diablo 3.

How many hundreds of RTS games have appeared since Starcraft?

How many Diablo clones?

You RTS people have a wealth of crappy games to choose from.  We Diablo fans have to chose among Dungeon Seige, Sacred and freakin Harbinger.

At least Fate threw us a bone last year.   Tongue

The problem there is the "You RTS people have a wealth of crappy games to choose from"

Yes. Crappy. At least in general. There's been one or two decent ones (Dawn of War, how do I love thee) but in general they suck.

Let's look at Blizzard's releases starting with Starcraft shall we?

Starcraft
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft

And that's not to mention the time they wasted on expansion packs for both Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.

We've gotten a helping of the Diablo universe since Starcraft was released, and we've gotten way more of the Warcraft universe since then than anyone had any right to expect.

Starcraft is the one that's long overdue for some more content.

Diablo 3 can wait until after Starcraft 2 is done and out.

For the record though, I would still look forward to Diablo 3 and the potential ability to play it should I ever get out of prison.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »

I never understood the huge Starcraft fanatics. It was an ok game. It had 3 sides..big deal. 1-10 I rate it a 7. It was fun solo for a while and the multiplayer was pretty good. But after a while its just the same old RTS....and I love RTS games. It did'nt quite rank up there with the original C&C or Warcraft 2.

I would'nt mind a new Diablo or Starcraft but I would'nt mind if neither came out either.

Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2006, 05:49:51 PM »

StarCraft was a lot like Counter-Strike in a sense. It's easy to pick up and learn, yet there's a lot about the game to master. Add that with the great map editor and a lot of custom games - and the game is still huge years after it's release. Hell, I still even play it every now and then.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2006, 04:06:18 AM »

StarCraft 2: A South Korean exclusive!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2006, 04:51:40 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

On the other board TO said blizzard was working on stuff that wasnt WoW, and that he had no idea what the PC Gamer announcement was, leading me to believe that perhaps its NOT a blizzard game.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2006, 08:26:27 AM »

In that case we must delve deeper into rampant speculation.

There are so few titles I can think of that would make me piss myself.  I guess the mystery is helping build hype for PCGamer.  Not that it makes me want to buy the magazine, I'm just curious to know what it is.  So it's either going to be awesome or this is going to be filed along side "John Romero's about to make you his bitch."

Or maybe the Blizzard guy is trying to keep it under wraps.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »

As a gamer, what news would make me the most excited?

LucasArts has Larry Holland working on a new Tie Fighter.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »

Pure Hyperbole.

I bet it's something like an in-depth look at Spore or something like that.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2006, 12:52:24 AM »

What about Sims 3?  It's not official, word just leaked out via a third party apparently mentioning their involvement in it.  I thought about this earlier but discounted because they've only release 3 expansions for Sims 2.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2006, 03:15:15 AM »

Jedi Heretic:  The Keen Quake of Doom at Wolfenstein!

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 04:05:48 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Jedi Heretic:  The Keen Quake of Doom at Wolfenstein!

Could you possibly have put any more games into one title? biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 08:37:32 AM »

So when does this issue hit the shelves?  March 5th or 6th?
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »

Quote from: "Papageno"

If it's the March issue, wouldn't it hit in February?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2006, 02:12:56 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Quote from: "Papageno"

If it's the March issue, wouldn't it hit in February?

January
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

The problem there is the "You RTS people have a wealth of crappy games to choose from"

Yes. Crappy. At least in general. There's been one or two decent ones (Dawn of War, how do I love thee) but in general they suck.

Let's look at Blizzard's releases starting with Starcraft shall we?

Starcraft
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft

And that's not to mention the time they wasted on expansion packs for both Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.

We've gotten a helping of the Diablo universe since Starcraft was released, and we've gotten way more of the Warcraft universe since then than anyone had any right to expect.

Starcraft is the one that's long overdue for some more content.

Diablo 3 can wait until after Starcraft 2 is done and out.

For the record though, I would still look forward to Diablo 3 and the potential ability to play it should I ever get out of prison.

Well, technically, there's already another helping of the Starcraft universe that's been in the works for a few years:  Ghost.  While I assume that you (from your comments) as well as I would prefer a "true" sequel to Starcraft, it's technically as much of a Starcraft game as WoW is a Warcraft game:  it's set in the game's fictional universe.

Ghost was also announced before World of Warcraft, I think.  Though I'm not absolutely certain... I could be getting my timing off.

So if I had to lay odds on it, I'd bet on a Diablo 3, since that would mean that Blizzard would have a currently relatively new title in each of their three game universes.  Either that or a new franchise.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Papageno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2006, 04:02:27 PM »

Oops, meant to say Feb... it was late.  :oops:
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2006, 05:06:46 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
Stuff

Ghost started so long ago I tend to forget that it even exists.

I maintained my excitement for that game for a long time, but it's abandoning me rather quickly these days.

Anyway, no, I don't consider Ghost as much of a part of the Starcraft universe as I do World of Warcraft part of the Warcraft universe. Why? I honestly couldn't tell you. I just don't. I think it's because it's a console game and my console interests have waned lately. I haven't touched my Xbox in over a month. Why don't we change the title of my list of "Blizzard releases" to "Blizzard PC releases"?

What's that do for you?

I'm not saying Ghost won't be any good. I have some faith that the former Swingin Ape guys can make a damn good game (Metal Arms anyone?) but I still can't make myself consider it a true Blizzard game. Maybe when it releases I'll change my tune.. but for the moment that's where I'm at.

And honestly, I would be just as angry if the next game in the Starcraft universe was "World of Starcraft" as I would if Blizzard's next game was yet another Warcraft entry, especially after Warcraft 3 sucked. World of Warcraft is some of the most boring garbage gameplay I've ever had the misfortune of playing. The best part of the whole thing is the art direction, and that does not save that game from being utter crap. I still think Blizzard was just imaging all the money hats they could make if they released an MMO.

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2006, 08:14:58 PM »

Someone over at OO got theirs.  It's freaking Medieval: Total War 2.

PC Gamer is a HUGE dick tease.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
Someone over at OO got theirs.  It's freaking Medieval: Total War 2.

Easy there partner.  Medieval Total War 2 is a HUGE announcement to those of us that love that genre.  Now, I will grant you that it may not be "worthy" of the PCGamer hype that was spewed forth, but it certainly is awesome news indeed.

My opinion of course, as I am admittedly a monster Total War fan.   :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2006, 08:40:28 PM »

"We've got a world-exclusive announcement that is so big, so juicy, and so unbelieveably mind blowingly fun that you're probably going to wet yourself upon seeing the cover. Prepare yourself: either stuff your shorts with absorbent easy-to-get-ahold- of household materials (old T-shirts and socks should do the trick), or break down and invest in some Depends. Whichever way you go, so long as your're prepared to get a little damp in the seat, you'll be ready for our March issue."

Amazing.   :evil:
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2006, 08:55:18 PM »

I have my Depends on and I have yet to wet them.  Maybe if I drink a little more water.

The press release last week about MTW2 was lukewarmly received with a "meh".  PC Gamer's hype machine borders on the Theatre of the Absurd.
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »

The press release last week about MTW2 was lukewarmly received with a "meh".  PC Gamer's hype machine borders on the Theatre of the Absurd.

While it's certainly no Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2, I'm absolutely thrilled. The Total War series is incredible. What evidence do you have of this 'lukewarm' reception?

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2006, 10:40:19 PM »

meh

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2006, 11:19:46 PM »

thumbsdown

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:20 AM »

Quote from: "lokiju"

While it's certainly no Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2, I'm absolutely thrilled. The Total War series is incredible. What evidence do you have of this 'lukewarm' reception?

See the two posts above this one.  :wink:

There was no major fanfare whatsoever on the forums when MTW2 was announced last week.  None.  While the first is an awesome game, it kinda falls into niche territory.  Looking at PC Gamer's "hype" for this announcement, I was expecting close to the Second Coming.  This did not even come close.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »

Quote from: "lokiju"

See the two posts above this one.  :wink:

There was no major fanfare whatsoever on the forums when MTW2 was announced last week.  None.  While the first is an awesome game, it kinda falls into niche territory.  Looking at PC Gamer's "hype" for this announcement, I was expecting close to the Second Coming.  This did not even come close.

Yes, not to mention a rather mundane internet press release trumped the PC Gamer exclusive by a week. What a pathetic hack job of building hype PC gamer pulled on us.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2006, 04:20:59 AM »

PC Gamer = Teenage Dick Tease from High School that you took to the prom whilst spending $100 on a tux, $200 on a limo, $80 for freaking prom tickets (and the privilege to Wang Chung tonight) , $15 on a wrist corsage that wilted within 3 hours in Michigan's humid summer heat, $15 for a fifth of Jack (me), $6 for a 4 pack of California Coolers (her), $80 for a hotel room prom night, $15 in gas to drive to Cedar Point the next day, $40 for two Cedar Point tickets, $40 for overpriced Cedar Point Food and Drink, $30 for the damn water gun game to win a 3 inch stuffed animal, another $80 for the hotel at Cedar Point.......and I STILL didn't get LAID!!!!!   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2006, 04:48:15 AM »

PC Gamer = Teenage Dick Tease from High School that you took to the prom whilst spending $100 on a tux, $200 on a limo, $80 for freaking prom tickets, $15 on a wrist corsage that wilted within 3 hours in Michigan's humid summer heat, $15 for a fifth of Jack (me), $6 for a 4 pack of California Coolers (her), $80 for a hotel room prom night, $15 in gas to drive to Cedar Point the next day, $40 for two Cedar Point tickets, $40 for overpriced Cedar Point Food and Drink, $30 for the damn water gun game to win a 3 inch stuffed animal, another $80 for the hotel at Cedar Point.......and I STILL didn't get LAID!!!!!   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

and just to think you're not bitter over it  Tongue

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2006, 06:34:52 AM »

PC Gamer = Teenage Dick Tease from High School that you took to the prom whilst spending $100 on a tux, $200 on a limo, $80 for freaking prom tickets (and the privilege to Wang Chung tonight) , $15 on a wrist corsage that wilted within 3 hours in Michigan's humid summer heat, $15 for a fifth of Jack (me), $6 for a 4 pack of California Coolers (her), $80 for a hotel room prom night, $15 in gas to drive to Cedar Point the next day, $40 for two Cedar Point tickets, $40 for overpriced Cedar Point Food and Drink, $30 for the damn water gun game to win a 3 inch stuffed animal, another $80 for the hotel at Cedar Point.......and I STILL didn't get LAID!!!!!   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

That's why I took the class skank to Senior Prom. :lol:

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2006, 07:02:50 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
thumbsdown

Yeah.

Luke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2006, 07:28:02 AM »

Wish I would've posted before the "big" reveal which, not surprisingly, turned out to be something relatively trivial compared to Blizzard's offerings.

Blizzard, as I recall, has a history of announcing their games with much grander trappings than would be provided by some dinky jape magazine's mid winter issue.  It is arguably the biggest PC game company in existence, after all.  Now that Blizz has its own dedicated, annual game event, I wouldn't expect a new product announcement from them outside of Blizzcon or a major trade show.  Even E3 might be too small time for big Blizzard.

And yes, the PC Gamer hyperbole is stupid, worthless and typical, kinda like the magazine itself.  Great example of how mature most video game writing is.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »

Wow, that was underwhelming.

Of course this magazine is run by TheVede, who still thinks his penis is mind-blowingly amazing.
rob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »

You're a guy who says 'whilst' and yet you expect to get laid?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: