http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 12:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paraworld Impressions  (Read 8371 times)
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »

My copy will be here in the morning apparently.  But I heard of people getting it today.

Impressions anyone?  This is a big one for us, the demo was a huge hit and we can't wait to see the third race and the new bigger maps.  I SHOULD have some impressions by tomorrow afternoon if I get some time.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »

Cool, thanks Kobra.  I'm not sure if I'm getting this one for review or not, so impressions would help. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:06:31 PM »

One thing, watch the latest gameplay videos for it.. The third race is pretty cool looking, they are the only race to secure the formula for Gunpowder.  Apparently the story is, 3 people travel to an alternate earth and it has a really fleshed out single player mode where you can play as each of the 3 people in how they branch off and effect each race of the alternate world. ( in effect, 3 seperate campaigns)

Or so that is what I have read, I can't wait to try it personally.  thumbsup

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 03:27:12 AM »

I didn't care for the demo at all.  I'll be interested in reading some impressions of the retail version.  It would take a lot for me to buy it with CoH out and the Warhammer expansion on the way.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:44:34 AM »

Just found out, there is a FOURTH race in the game for release.  :icon_eek:

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »

I agree with deno.  With CoH out now and Dark Crusade on the way... I am most likely going to pass.

I do look forward to hearing impressions though.  The interface to this one was pretty slick and dinosaurs are always cool.

Keep us posted.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 12:22:18 PM »

I may pick this up.  CoH just hasn't grabbed my attention at all.  Perhaps it is because I have yet to be able to get in on some co-op action but the single player game just isn't interesting to me for some reason.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 04:38:49 PM »

First review in!  90%

http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/4373

To conclude, ParaWorld is a new pinnacle of PC RTS gaming.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »

The review screams of fanboy but I guess that's to be expected for a first review.  It certainly looks pretty, I hope it is good.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 05:23:24 PM »

Clubskill is actually pretty nice of a site.  They review a lot of stuff and are included in GamerRankings and Metacritic.  I generally find their reviews very thoughtful and quite accurate.  You can examine their reviews here;

http://www.clubskill.com/reviews

I think they are pretty accurate and fair, and aren't afraid to bag on a game that deserves it.

Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »

Oh wow, I know the person who made Club Skill, especially their UK director. Never thought it was considered that big, though. Good for them.

As for Paraworld, looking foward to hearing some more impressions.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 07:10:59 PM »

Second review in - "Editors Choice Award".

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6802&page=1
The variety of interesting units, buildings and upgrades makes Paraworld stand out from the crowd and fans of the RTS genre will love it. If you’re not fond of RTS games this could be the title to convert you.

Edit:  Modkit/Mission and Map Builder have been released.

http://www.myskulls.com/en/news/28453/

Just with the EU-Relase, the SpieleEntwicklungsKombinat (SEK) published the mapeditor for ParaWorld, giving you the possibility to create custom maps for your favourite game. The developers hereby provide you with the one tool that has been used for creating official maps and missions for ParaWorld, but since they included a elaborate documentation, even beginners should be able to start creating own maps and testing their skills as map creators.
If you should come across problems or should have any questions, the detailed documentation should come in handy - except triggers and the sequence editor, every feature of the map editor is explained. Those two missing parts are mainly important for singleplayer-missions, but documentation for them will of course follow aswell. Until then, experienced mapdesigners can try them and check out their potency.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 04:57:23 AM by Kobra » Logged

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »

Another strong review, this time in german;

http://www.demonews.de/reviews/index.php?artikel=979&bs=1&s=1
85% - Fantastic.

Paraworld is entitled due to the highest praise in addition, presentation alone already makes this the RTS Game of nearly everything correct.  Altogether Paraworld is thus a first-class real time strategy play from German company and comes with high long-term playability.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »

I am going NUTS to get this now that it has been pushed back to shipping today.

Also, hows this for a bombshell feature that wasn't in the demo!  A Non-MICRO option!

It also has an undocumented and locked feature that I was able to discover, the Econ and Defensive assist AI (that was locked in the game) can be enabled and in MP games it will attempt to build up your base for you whilst you concentrate on other things such as sending out armies to destroy your opponents and so on.

Games Extreme Review - 85%
http://www.gamesxtreme.net/pc/game/paraworld/review_1.shtml

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 04:36:24 PM »

Id rather build up my base while the AI handles the armies. Since the beginning I have the most fun building defenses and watching the enemy get chewed up by it.

Does it have co-op vs the cpu in MP?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 27, 2006, 04:36:24 PM

Id rather build up my base while the AI handles the armies. Since the beginning I have the most fun building defenses and watching the enemy get chewed up by it.

Does it have co-op vs the cpu in MP?

Yes, the AI is very strong and adapts well depending on the level..  From what I gather, there is:  Coop Campaign, Coop Skirmish, Coop Multiplayer.  I THINK there are 5-6 modes of gameplay in Skirmish/MP, stuff like dominance and capture the flag.

From the Demo I can say the AI DOES handle the military if you toggle it.  According to one review, the AI has assist and engage modes.  For example if you send an army to attack a wall, and it beats the wall, the army won't sit there and masturbate.  If 1 unit in the force gets attacked, the others will enter assist mode, and engage/heal as needed and push the attack.

But I was pleased to hear there is peon AI for the bases that can be toggled.. After I build a good army, and move it out, I would prefer to have my base not remain stagnant while I am out fighting.  It gets too micro heavy for me to do everything. I am old.  icon_wink

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 27, 2006, 04:40:49 PM

For example if you send an army to attack a wall, and it beats the wall, the army won't sit there and masturbate.
As a former Marine, I can confirm that masturbation is indeed a popular activity when waiting around with nothing to do. 

I've been looking forward to Paraworld ever since I saw the army builder feature in action.  The story actually sounds good too.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 05:12:35 PM »

I called EBgames today where I ordered it online.  The lady informed me they are waiting for the "Shipments" of the game that are supposed to come today.  Once that arrives - assuming no more delays - orders will be processed and shipped today.

I went ahead and changed my shipping method to overnight which was offset by the recent reduction in price of the product, come hell or high water, I need the game by Friday Night for a planned Lan session with a few buddies over here.  With the primary game of the night being Paraworld.  So if it doesn't arrive, we might end up playing Ticket to Ride board game or something.  saywhat  Assuming it doesn't ship today, I should still have it Friday if it ships tomorrow, but if I used the free 2 day shipping, that means I wouldn't have it until Monday, and no way I am going through the weekend NOT playing this..  wasted

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 09:11:04 PM »

Just an update.

EBGames recieved 11,000 of them today at 1PM and began packing orders.  Mine has been "Charged", but she cannot verify it has shipped yet, which is pretty normal. I will know tonight if I get a tracking number in email or not.  Unfortunately, I might have been better to leave my original order in for 2 day shipping.  When I called to change to overnight shipping I was told I have to cancel and re-order, which I did. But the lady I just spoke with informed me that when you do this - it moves you to the back of the processing queue and it can possibly mean another day before it ships.

As you can guess, I have waited 3 years for this title, so any further delays are going to make my head blow up.  I am unsure why I was given poor information by the first lady that told me to cancel and resubmit the order.  thumbsdown

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »

EbGames apparently didn't ship mine, and I am rather annoyed at the whole shitty distribution model of these PC games.

Best Buy, CompUsa, Walmart all don't even have Paraworld in their system.  So I am thinking this will be one of those off-mainstream games that gets shafted because it doesn't have "Madden" in the title. I honestly think SEK should have went the GalCiv2 route, and allowed people to buy and download the damn game.

Looks like I am fucked for getting the game tomorrow now thanks to EBLames..     deadhorse

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 03:26:19 AM »

I asked about Paraworld at Gamestop today and the 2 guys there had never even heard of the game.  They told me they weren't getting it in. 

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 03:36:01 AM »

Yeah, if it isn't "Sims" or "Madden", or they don't have 400,000 preorders, they don't give a shit about anything.   I think these guys pretty much have it out against PC games.  Good ole' "Dustin" with his "Used PC games don't resell, so we don't care about em'" pretty much summed up that corporate logic I guess.

Oh well, as long as I am playing it Friday Night I can survive another day - I think.. 3 years waiting, and it feels like 3 days of a delay is a lifetime.  Never before have I wanted a game so badly.. LOL

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 05:57:54 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on September 28, 2006, 03:26:19 AM

I asked about Paraworld at Gamestop today and the 2 guys there had never even heard of the game.  They told me they weren't getting it in. 

Keep in mind (at least when I used to work at EB) that when a title is shipping, it simply vanishes out of their system. It's to keep you from preordering, as the store has no way of making sure anymore if they'll get your copy in (their 'preorder and you're guarenteed to get it' whatnot).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 04:49:59 PM »

EB failed to ship mine, I am going to pick it up at another EBGames (Not the one with Dustin) right now.  I called around to a few other EBGames, I actually found one about 15 minutes away, and the guy goes "Paraworld? Hell yeah I got it, I can't wait to get home and play it.".  I detected a fellow PC gamer manager of one of them.

He sounded nice on the phone, held my copy, heading in now to get it. Impressions tonight finally.   thumbsup

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 28, 2006, 04:49:59 PM

I called around to a few other EBGames, I actually found one about 15 minutes away, and the guy goes "Paraworld? Hell yeah I got it, I can't wait to get home and play it.".  I detected a fellow PC gamer manager of one of them.

He sounded nice on the phone, held my copy, heading in now to get it. Impressions tonight finally.   thumbsup

And in the end, every store is different. It's all about the employees who are behind the counter IMHO. Why I used to go to a EB that wasn't the closest game store to where I lived.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 09:10:52 PM »

Impressions finally..  Although my time ingame is very limited so far, only 1 part of Campaign, and 1 skirmish map.

Fantastic engine.
Great Graphics
Music is fantastic.
Lotsa maps, some are huge!
3 Playable races, 2 non-playable (expansion?)  Each plays entirely different!
Strong Tutorial
Huge amount of units, upgrades, tactics.

The bad:
Crappy manual, 25 pages of garbage.  Black and white.
DVD is REQUIRED to be in the drive throughout play!  A really lame move that screws over people that play on the lan in the home.
Can't find a way to turn down or off the HDR..

I have to tweak settings, as the sounds seem subdued, while the music overshadows it.  I suspect this is adjustable.  One thing I really like is the new Race (Dragons) is a heavy steath, trap, sneak and range race. You can order your units to "Bury" themselves so they become invisible, and can make surprise flank attacks - FANTASTIC!

So far, I am overwhelmingly positive about the game, the DVD being required in the drive is really really weak move on the part of the publisher, and will result in people rapidly seeking nocd's to enjoy the game without the CD.  Thats my only major complaint at this point, but it is still early in the game.

More impressions later.

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »

What are the system requirements?  I'd love to check this out, but my rig cried a lot with Company of Heroes, and if I can't play this properly either then it's time for an upgrade.

My rig is a Athlon XP 2500 oc'd to about a 3200, 1 GB PC400 DDR Ram, and a 6800.  Ever since I upgraded to a 20" widescreen last year and now have to push 1680x1050 resolutions I'm noticing a severe dip in performance.   icon_frown
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 10:01:56 PM »

From the box: (recommended specs)

128MB or higher DX9.0c Compliant Video
Intel Pentium 3 Ghz, or Athlon 64 3500+
1024MB of Ram

But according to the box, the minimum it will work on is a Sempron 2800+.  I think you will be just fine with it, honestly.

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 10:28:32 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 28, 2006, 09:10:52 PM

Impressions finally..  Although my time ingame is very limited so far, only 1 part of Campaign, and 1 skirmish map.

Fantastic engine.
Great Graphics
Music is fantastic.
Lotsa maps, some are huge!
3 Playable races, 2 non-playable (expansion?)  Each plays entirely different!
Strong Tutorial
Huge amount of units, upgrades, tactics.

The bad:
Crappy manual, 25 pages of garbage.  Black and white.
DVD is REQUIRED to be in the drive throughout play!  A really lame move that screws over people that play on the lan in the home.
Can't find a way to turn down or off the HDR..

I have to tweak settings, as the sounds seem subdued, while the music overshadows it.  I suspect this is adjustable.  One thing I really like is the new Race (Dragons) is a heavy steath, trap, sneak and range race. You can order your units to "Bury" themselves so they become invisible, and can make surprise flank attacks - FANTASTIC!

So far, I am overwhelmingly positive about the game, the DVD being required in the drive is really really weak move on the part of the publisher, and will result in people rapidly seeking nocd's to enjoy the game without the CD.  Thats my only major complaint at this point, but it is still early in the game.

More impressions later.

damn burying just like the zerg in starcraft now I gotta track me down a copy how do I explain it to the wife when I just got coh lol. Roll Eyes

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 03:22:14 AM »

Continued impressions;

• 25 Maps available for Skirmish or Multiplayer.  Full AI of 10 levels is supported for solo play, coop, or head to head.
  • 3 Game modes:  Deathmatch (no holds barred), Domination (hold the area), Defender (More on this)
---Defender mode is really special. Basically the person chosen to be the defender is offered a great fortress, sometimes an island fortress, with a sizable army.  Everyone else tries to break his defenses and capture his city center.  Sometimes it is 4 on 1, 3 on 1 or 2 on 1, depending on the map.  Very very cool game mode.
  • 9 fantastic heroes in the game, some of them I just love, like Ava Loven who carries a musket, and has fantastic ranged abilities like headshot.
  • 3 Full Playable races with tons of unit types, tactics, powerups, and special skills and upgrades.  2 Non-Playable races. DOZENS of dinosaurs and animals roaming the land that aren't playable, but add a tremendous immersion level to the landscape.
  • Variety of landscapes and environmental effects. (Desert, ocean, marsh, ice tundra and more), along with weather effects (Fog, wind, rain, etc).
  • 3 Campaigns, one for each of the playable races, offering a lot of playability for Single Player. W/3 difficulty levels each.

The races are as follows;

Norsemen: High melee fighters, strong defense.  Ferocious and unlikely to retreat. Great defensive structures. Some ability with machinery.
Dustriders: Dino race, fully mobile nomad force, can setup camps anywhere. Mobile, strong and fast mounts, balanced.
Dragons: Stealthy, hit and run masters, ability to bury large amounts of forces to wait undetected for a flank attack. Powerful ranged weaponry but weak melee, the only race to master gunpowder and weapons equivelent to about the late 1800's (Gatlin guns, etc). As with stealth, they have the ability to lay traps, and other fantastic surprises for an invading army.

SEAS: Very advanced. Militaristic, but relying on their technology presents them with some unique weaknesses, and their boldness opens up other vulnerabilities.
Barbarions: Savage beyond all measure, no retreat, die to the last man.  Almost crazy devotion to constantly attack, and counter attack.

(My guess, an expansion will open up these two races for play, and probably add a third)

My opinion so far is I love all of the races, each present such varied units, tactics, and completely different ways of operating that it is like having 3 different games to fully learn.  They literally function nothing like each other!  I have no real preference yet as each are extremely fun to play.

We had 3-4 more lan games tonight and had an absolute blast.. I am trying to gather some friends for a bigger lan session tomorrow night, I will post results from that if I can put it together.  Note on the lan, the game is really setup to twart people that want to buy 1 copy and play it on a home lan.  I have only had 2-3 games in the last couple years that were so anal about home lan play - this one takes the cake.  Not only does the game require the DVD to be in the drive throughout the time you play - but the DVD has encoded CDKey so you can't even use other keys unless you buy physically seperate copies of the game.  I managed to circumvent all of this because frankly, I can't buy 3-8 copies of a game for casual lan play in the home - but I will not disclose any of this here obviously.

Anyway, all in all, I am thrilled with this game so far. I've waited 3 years for it, and it was well worth the wait.  Early GoTY for me.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 03:51:59 AM »

Thank you for the review, Kobra. By any chance, can you pause and issue commands in this game?
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 04:01:34 PM »

No pause+orders from what I can find.

Heres a current review compilation;

Club Skill - 90%
http://www.clubskill.com/?view=article&article=4373

90% Editors Choice Award
http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6802

GamesExtreme - 85%
http://www.gamesxtreme.net/pc/game/paraworld/review.shtml

GamesRadar - 80%
http://tinyurl.com/hbryn

IGN - 78%
http://pc.ign.com/articles/736/736401p1.html

TVG - 60%
http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/ParaWorld_Review_10702_4739_0_0_10_0.htm

So far I am impressed with the reviews.  TVG is an enigma as the review contains extremely incorrect data on the gameplay.  I read the IGN review I am thinking "This guy really loves this game." then presto, 78.  However his main beef seems to be the slower "Pace" of the game, to which I say THANK GOD.. I am entirely sick of build+rush RTS nonsense, and I rather enjoy slower paced games.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:19:00 PM by Kobra » Logged

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 04:41:50 PM »

From playing the demo and reading the reviews, outside of the army controller feature (which I like,) Paraworld seem like more of the same.  What new features does it bring?

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 05:12:43 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on September 29, 2006, 04:41:50 PM

From playing the demo and reading the reviews, outside of the army controller feature (which I like,) Paraworld seem like more of the same.  What new features does it bring?

The Army controller and theme are new to the table, the units are certainly fresh and new. (mounted Dinosaurs for the win)  Some of stuff I haven't seen before, like leveling heroes that unlock new units.  The nomadic principles of the Dustriders seem fairly innovative, I haven't played an RTS with a tribe that can essentially pack up and move their HQ's. (though I make no claims this hasn't been done before).  The "Defender" game mode seems fresh and new.

I think its a great game, the best RTS I have played since the original Kohan series.  I don't grade games based on "What new they bring", but rather how the game stands on its own merit, regardless of what came before it. 

Another new review just in;

GamesRadar - 80%
http://tinyurl.com/hbryn
There may not be a big brand name stamped on it, but this gem sure ain't from the land of the lost.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:18:00 PM by Kobra » Logged

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 05:28:33 PM »

I haven't played an RTS with a tribe that can essentially pack up and move their HQ's.
The 'Space Marines' in Starcraft could do this.  The Eldar in Warhammer 40k can as well.

So far, I am overwhelmingly positive about the game, the DVD being required in the drive is really really weak move on the part of the publisher, and will result in people rapidly seeking nocd's to enjoy the game without the CD. 
I appreciate and usually enjoy your impressions, but this comment always kills me.  If the publisher/developer wanted you to only buy one game for multiple computers, then they wouldn't insist on the CD.  I'm sure the user-agreement states this.  Otherwise, you're effectively stealing by buying one game to play on multiple machines.  Frustrating or not, I'd think if you really like the game, you would buy the second copy for your kids.  After all, you save tons of money building your computers  Tongue

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 05:36:10 PM »

Quote from: Scott on September 29, 2006, 05:28:33 PM

I haven't played an RTS with a tribe that can essentially pack up and move their HQ's.
The 'Space Marines' in Starcraft could do this.  The Eldar in Warhammer 40k can as well.

They don't work like this, the Eldar isn't very mobile at all. I am talking about essentially being able to ROAM the lands with your HQ, harvesting resouces, building and expanding as you go.  Eldar at best, can simply "warp" around.

As for the DVD comment, I would need to buy 3 copies.  There is a difference in people that play lan games at home, and lan gaming centers looking for a free ride, publishers need to factor that in, and thankfully, 99% do so it really isn't a big issue for the most part.

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »

They don't work like this, the Eldar isn't very mobile at all. I am talking about essentially being able to ROAM the lands with your HQ, harvesting resouces, building and expanding as you go.  Eldar at best, can simply "warp" around.
So the HQ is mobile and functioning the entire time?  That would be different from what I've seen.  Yes, the Eldar does teleport around, but still lets you move your base, which is what I thought you meant to start.

There is a difference in people that play lan games at home, and lan gaming centers looking for a free ride, publishers need to factor that in, and thankfully, 99% do so it really isn't a big issue for the most part.
Maybe to you, but maybe not to the company that licenses the game.  Whatever, no sense arguing it.

Is there a decent campaign type mode, or have you mostly just skirmished?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 29, 2006, 05:36:10 PM

As for the DVD comment, I would need to buy 3 copies.  There is a difference in people that play lan games at home, and lan gaming centers looking for a free ride, publishers need to factor that in, and thankfully, 99% do so it really isn't a big issue for the most part.

So then you justify it when there is one game that doesn't let you do it?  What gives you the right to do this just because you play it on a LAN at home?  If you can't justify the purchase for the LAN games, then live with it.  Besides, it's only $30/game.  I thought you wanted to support this developer, especially with your pimping the game so much on the boards.  Put your money where your mouth is.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 06:45:10 PM »

Quote from: Graham on September 29, 2006, 06:37:05 PM

Quote from: Kobra on September 29, 2006, 05:36:10 PM

So then you justify it when there is one game that doesn't let you do it?  What gives you the right to do this just because you play it on a LAN at home?  If you can't justify the purchase for the LAN games, then live with it.  Besides, it's only $30/game.  I thought you wanted to support this developer, especially with your pimping the game so much on the boards.  Put your money where your mouth is.

I'm afraid i'm with Kobra, you may think 90$ is a justifiable purchase for a single game - I certainly don't.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »

Quote from: Scott on September 29, 2006, 06:36:29 PM

Is there a decent campaign type mode, or have you mostly just skirmished?

3 full campaigns, 1 for each race, skirmish, coop, and multiplayer (Direct/Lan/Internet).

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: