http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 06:47:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper Mario 2 Impressions  (Read 4190 times)
Andrew Mallon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2004, 09:05:32 PM »

I *think* I finished at Level 25. Finished the game with 45 HP, 45 FP, and 27 BP. If you're at Level 21, you'll definitely be at least Level 25 by the time you finish. I was able to get through the endgame on my first try, but it was defintely a challenge. I'd recommend having at least 40 HP before hitting the very last areas.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2004, 10:13:31 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
I *think* I finished at Level 25. Finished the game with 45 HP, 45 FP, and 27 BP. If you're at Level 21, you'll definitely be at least Level 25 by the time you finish. I was able to get through the endgame on my first try, but it was defintely a challenge. I'd recommend having at least 40 HP before hitting the very last areas.

Those stats are pretty close to where I'm at now.  I think my HP/FP are both at  40 with an additonal 5 points from badges.  

I've been very happy with the level of challenge provided by the game.  I've made it through many of the boss encounters just by the skin of my teeth.  Hell I died on a tough but non-boss enemy when I finished for the evening yesterday (though it is rare to die on a non-boss encounter).
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2004, 05:41:11 PM »

Just wanted to chime in again on how great this game is. I am at the start of Chapter 4 now, and the curse on this town is absolutely hilarious.

I loved Chapter 3. Expecting another dungeon, what I did get was just hilarious!!!!

All the Bowser parts are just classic!!!

VIVA PAPER MARIO~!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2004, 05:54:51 PM »

Beat it Sunday night- my final time was just over 50 hours.

Right now its at the top of my list for GOTY.  Just a pure joy to play throughout.  My favorite aspect is the variety that each chapter offers.  The game never devolves into formula.  It also has one of the most impressive cast of NPCs I've ever seen.  Its amazing how some of some background characters from earlier chapters will come into the spotlight later.  By the end of the game you really feel a connection to the world and characters.

A lot of praise has given to the translation team on this title and they deserve every bit of it.  The game is always incredibly witty and some of the best bits were meta-game humor.  

I mentioned in my earlier impressions how inspired the audience mechanic was.  Well, it was that audience that allowed me to beat the game.  I was down to 10 HP with no ability to heal and the final boss was also down to 10 HP but the boss was about to attack and would have taken those final hitpoints.  Just before the boss attacked one of the audience members threw an item on stage making me invisible!  The boss missed the attack and I took it out the next turn!

My favorite chapters were 3,4,6,7,8 (oh hell- all of them!).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: