http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 04:45:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panzers vs. Soldiers: Heroes of WW2  (Read 1093 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:24:50 AM »

Ok guys, the time has come. I have convinced myself that I am interested in one of these games but cant decide which. I tried the demos, Soldiers seems super hard, but it looks prettier and more...I dunno, controlled than Panzers.

Either way, give me some advice. Also if you have this to trade, let me know ASAP.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 03:30:34 AM »

AHA!

I knew that was you on the OctO forums!

Just Hiro will do.
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:08:05 AM »

Quote from: "SuperHiro"
AHA!

I knew that was you on the OctO forums!

Heh, I just read that post then wandered over here.  Outed!

Oh, I have Soldiers.  Haven't touched it for a while but played four missions.  I did like the character control and it was a pretty looking game.  And I'm always a fan of destructible enviroments but damn it is pretty hard and I'm glad you can save anywhere because the odds are insanely against you in most of the missions thus far.  I should get back to it since I want to play some of the other sides in the game but damn it can be really hard and I felt no shame in referring to GameFAQ at times.

But is it hard to the point where it isn't fun?  Even though I stopped it wasn't because of that so I think it's hard as hell but still worthwhile.

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 07:13:45 AM »

Well, i have what we might call a exceedingly strong aversion to exceedingly difficult games, not because I am not cut out for them (halo on legendary gave me a sense of accomplishment), but because I find that most difficult games are difficult for the sake of artiificially extending gameplay and are frustrating and require repetition rather than greater skill.

Anyways, rambling. I am still waiting for more impresisons but for now it sounds like I would enjoy Panzers more. Both games are suprisingly still pretty expensive..I wonder why? Siljanus, you can also feel free to trade me Soldiers smile

Superhiro, yes that is me, but i rarely post outside of the trading forum. To say that I dont like most of the mods and posters that dominate those forums would be somethign of an understatement.
McCrank
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 12:09:44 PM »

I have them both, and soldiers is clearly the winner... Playing co-op with 2 other friends is simply some of the most fun I've had in PC Gaming in years... If you must buy one, definitely Soldiers...
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 03:25:34 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Anyways, rambling. I am still waiting for more impresisons but for now it sounds like I would enjoy Panzers more. Both games are suprisingly still pretty expensive..I wonder why? Siljanus, you can also feel free to trade me Soldiers smile

Rage, in a few months I may take you up on it.  Perhaps we can do a swap, Soldiers for Panzers? :wink:

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 04:46:25 PM »

I liked Soldiers alot, but how was panzers, Im not very familiar with this game. Any details guys? Goods, bads, etc...

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 07:01:29 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
I liked Soldiers alot, but how was panzers, Im not very familiar with this game. Any details guys? Goods, bads, etc...

i wasn't a big fan of panzers.  it played like "soldiers light"...."very light", actually.  soldiers contained a bit more realism, IMHO.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Jon Edwards
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 11:19:25 PM »

I was interested in Soldiers, but I found out it uses StarForce. Beware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: