http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 05:38:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outfit price drop...need an opinion  (Read 758 times)
MilkDud
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »

For those that haven't heard The Outfit and Burnout Revenge are getting a price drop to $40.  I haven't tried the demo (Im gonna try to later, but I'm guessing with it being so old I won't be able to get a game going) but I heard very mixed things when it originally came out.  I've heard that they have really supported the game though (patches and free maps) so I'm intrigued to see if anyone is still playing it and if you are, what's your opinion of it now?  Thanks.

-Jason
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:20:01 AM »

I'm enjoying the single player game, playing it in bursts so it doesn't seem like the same thing over and over to me (one of the complaints I heard).  I've heard the multiplayer is better, but I'm not sure how much action it's getting.  Maybe more with the price drop and new map pack.  I paid $40 for it (used), but I might have waited for $30.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »

For what its worth, I thought the demo was really terrible.  I mean REALLY terrible.  Most reviews were pretty unkind as well.  I just didnt like the feel of this game, the way it controlled mostly.  It just wasnt fun to me at all.  Of course, that was just the demo and I have never played the full version.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »

Oh, yeah, vehicle control is really frustrating, at times.  If they had fixed that, I think this would have been a more popular game.  There are some people who are crazy fans of it, though.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »

I just returned it to GameFly... it's fun enough, but yeah, the tank control is terrible.  Personally, I'm waiting until it's $30 or less; it's not worth more than that to me.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:52:40 PM »

Burnout Revenge is getting a price drop?  Sweet!

I've been kind of waiting for this since I already have NFS and PGR3 and couldn't justify another racer, no matter how differently it plays.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:09:40 AM »

I have to say that until GRAW came out The Outfit was my favorite 360 game.  I enjoyed the single player quite a bit and the multi is great fun, especially 2 on 2.  They have indeed supported it pretty well with new maps and a patch to fix lag.  It makes a huge difference when controlling vehicles if you hold the right shoulder button to lock the turret to the hull while driving.  That's not in the manual, but it makes vehicles much more useful.  The multiplayer game plays better if you play it as an RTS instead of a shooter.  And for what it's worth the graphics in the single player look much better than they do in the multi-player only demo.  

Needless to say, for $35 I would highly recommend it.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 04:00:21 AM »

It makes a huge difference when controlling vehicles if you hold the right shoulder button to lock the turret to the hull while driving. That's not in the manual, but it makes vehicles much more useful.

I'm going to give that a try.  I had no idea.  You're talking about the button and not the trigger, right?  Also, does this work on all vehicles?  And how does it affect the firing?

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 04:24:48 AM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
It makes a huge difference when controlling vehicles if you hold the right shoulder button to lock the turret to the hull while driving. That's not in the manual, but it makes vehicles much more useful.

I'm going to give that a try.  I had no idea.  You're talking about the button and not the trigger, right?  Also, does this work on all vehicles?  And how does it affect the firing?

Yes the bumper not the trigger.  You can still fire the gun but the the turret will not move unless you let go of the bumper.  It works on all vehicles.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 12:49:25 PM »

Quote from: "DonD"
Burnout Revenge is getting a price drop?  Sweet!

I've been watching for Outfit to land in the "justifiable" price range and now gamefly has it for $32.99....5 days and it's here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: