http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 05:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orcs Must Die! 2  (Read 626 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

not only announced but it will be playable at PAX East.

Orcs Must Die! 2 Features:

New Campaign – Orcs Must Die! 2 features a full campaign that you can play in single-player or with a friend in co-op. Choose to play the campaign as the War Mage, a headstrong hero who charges into danger, or play as the more nuanced Sorceress, a new hero who keeps enemies at bay with mind-control and magic.

More Enemies – An army of vile new creatures is set to pour through the rifts, and they’ve brought all of your favorite trap-fodder from the original Orcs Must Die! along with them!

More Defenses – Orcs Must Die! 2 has an enormous armory of new and classic defenses, including an all new assortment of magical trinkets. Use your new spellbook to buy defenses and upgrades the way you choose to, building up your arsenal based on how you play the game.

New Upgrade System – The skull system has been completely redesigned. You will always earn skulls for replaying levels, and the skulls can be spent on multiple persistent upgrades for each of your defenses.

As a special bonus, players who own the original Orcs Must Die! on PC will unlock exclusive content in the sequel.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »

Yay!  I thought the first one was great and was sad when they announced there would be no more DLC for it, so I'm glad to see that it was so that they could work on a full sequel!  smile 

I note that they don't mention anything about XBLA this time, or even encourage people to pick up that version on the Robot site when mentioning "Players wishing to add to the current 3.4 billion dead orc count can download the original Orcs Must Die! on Steam and other PC Platforms".

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »

Loved part 1.  I would be happy with just more levels, I don't need a proper sequel, but I'm not gonna complain about it. Bring on the new traps, new levels, and co-op.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:22 PM »

I grabbed this during a holiday sale, and have yet to fire it up.  Keep meaning to give it a shot, but always get distracted by other shinys.  Maybe after I get through Xenoblade Chronicles...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:40 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 02, 2012, 09:33:22 PM

I grabbed this during a holiday sale, and have yet to fire it up.

I assume you mean OMD1 slywink.  I did the same thing and started playing it on and off over the last month.  it was fun at first, but after getting burned out on the first one about 2/3rds of the way through I'll probably wait for a sale on this one too.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »

a look at the new spellbook.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

in addition to the sale on the first game they've put up a demo for OMD2 on Steam.

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »

I played through the first during the steam sale. Fun enough to pre-order the sequel. (Especially if I can get any of my friends to co-op)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:44:20 AM »

so, this is out now and the big question, is MP worth the shortened dev cycle?  kotaku basically called this a OMD 1.5 but was all right with it. 

Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

Quote from: Caine on July 31, 2012, 06:44:20 AM

so, this is out now and the big question, is MP worth the shortened dev cycle?  kotaku basically called this a OMD 1.5 but was all right with it. 
The multi-play adds alot to the game especially if you are co-oping with friends (which you sort of have to do since there seems to be no lobby). The addition of the Sorceress is very complimentary (new skills and abilities) rather than just having a second character on the map. The difficulty seems to have been ramped up quite a bit IMHO. I played the first Orcs and had no problem whatsoever 4 and even 5 skulling my way through the first 10 or so maps while I am already stalled on map 6 of Orcs 2 (I can complete the map but so far not without loosing Rift points) and co-op ups the difficulty even another notch. The dev's went above and beyond in adding more depth to the game with tons of new traps, weapons, trinkets and loads of upgrades for each.

I did encounter some bugs with the game, constant crashing on one particular map, Orcs getting stuck and being unhittable so you cannot complete a map and targeting seems off somehow, I've missed an Orc firing from point blank range right in its face.

My only real issue with the game is I have been playing alot of Dungeon Defenders lately and it's hard not to bias my opinion and I personally think Orcs and Orcs 2 falls short. Particuarly in the "walls" aspect. Proper wall type usage and wall placement to funnel creatures is a huge part of the strategy in Dungeon Defenders and mostly non-existant in Orcs 2. You have access to barricades but they are extremely cost prohibitive and a single hit from a couple of Kobold Sappers will wipe out all your walls and the game likes sending Sappers out 6 to 8 at a time.

The OMD games definitely have a more player involved and visceral playstyle but  if you enjoyed the first game I'd say you will  like the second and co-op can be alot of fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: