http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orbis. aka PlayStation 4? The rumors are put to rest.  (Read 61737 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: December 10, 2013, 06:44:46 PM »

yeah, Blizzard is a pain to deal with if your account has been compromised.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 10, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 10, 2013, 05:10:22 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 10, 2013, 04:39:59 PM

All this Blizzard talk is beside the point, really - and one of the reasons why I try to stay on topic. The security concerns are real, as one does not simply notify and possibly force tens of millions of users to change their password on a whim - and `better safe than sorry` is as much for their stockholders as it is for their customers.

Sony hasn't exactly released a lot of information about this issue, but from what I've been led to understand, the security hole isn't actually in Sony's systems. The password changes apparently come from a recent string of phishing attempts against players on a different network (Twitch, I believe), and Sony is doing a blanket Password reset to make sure any information stolen through such efforts becomes useless to the criminals.
probably the best thing to do.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1922 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

Before anyone goes about blindly believing what I said above, keep in mind that's it's just something I heard in passing. It might very well be wrong or inaccurate.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1923 on: December 10, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »

`If that`s the case,` preceded my comment. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 10, 2013, 07:52:00 PM

It might very well be wrong or inaccurate.

NEVER! Tongue

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 10, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »

people sure do love hitting that Share button.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 10, 2013, 11:16:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2013, 11:08:11 PM

Technically, that's only about 5 times per person. Not so much.  smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 10, 2013, 11:16:42 PM

stop tearing down the system man, it's getting old slywink Tongue

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1928 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2013, 11:18:54 PM

hell, I've hit it by mistake thinking I was hitting Select instead.  I need to remember that the old Select button no longer exists and is basically remapped to the touchpad. 

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:07 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 11, 2013, 06:10:29 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2013, 11:18:54 PM

hell, I've hit it by mistake thinking I was hitting Select instead.  I need to remember that the old Select button no longer exists and is basically remapped to the touchpad. 

Yeah, I've probably hit the thing 5 times accidentally myself.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 17, 2013, 10:20:29 PM »

PS4 version of Pinball Arcade is up and it's gorgeous. Make sure to set the lighting to Dark.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 18, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on December 17, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

PS4 version of Pinball Arcade is up and it's gorgeous. Make sure to set the lighting to Dark.

I just finished all the beginner goals on Twilight Zone in one staggering game.  Ranked number 3.  Something like my 3rd game in.

I do wish there were online leaderboards.  That's something I really enjoyed about Pinball FX (BTW, I don't know what I'm going to do about all those tables I have on the 360 now that the PS4 is my default - suppose I'll just have to wait for when I finally get the Xbone).

My only complaints about Pinball Arcade aren't really the game's fault at all.  1) There just is no good camera angle for a pinball game (without turning your TV sideways) and B) I wish the VO audio was a little easier to understand, but they're using old sound files and also trying to emulate what they sounded like in the arcade (still a little sweetening would be nice)  iii) I suppose it would be nice to have variable backgrounds (and higher res, too).  This one they could fix.  Oh, and Four) There is no way to switch the flipper buttons to the triggers, you have to use the shoulder buttons.  It just doesn't feel right.  Maybe it's a faster response, though.

But if you like pinball (even if you're terrible at it, like me), this is fantastic.  The amount of detail in the options and history and tips and tweaks is just incredible.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1932 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »

I bet TiLT isn't very good at pinball. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1933 on: December 18, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 18, 2013, 03:48:47 PM

I see what you did there and bestow on you one

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 18, 2013, 01:26:22 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on December 17, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

I just finished all the beginner goals on Twilight Zone in one staggering game.  Ranked number 3.  Something like my 3rd game in.

I do wish there were online leaderboards.  That's something I really enjoyed about Pinball FX (BTW, I don't know what I'm going to do about all those tables I have on the 360 now that the PS4 is my default - suppose I'll just have to wait for when I finally get the Xbone).

My only complaints about Pinball Arcade aren't really the game's fault at all.  1) There just is no good camera angle for a pinball game (without turning your TV sideways) and B) I wish the VO audio was a little easier to understand, but they're using old sound files and also trying to emulate what they sounded like in the arcade (still a little sweetening would be nice)  iii) I suppose it would be nice to have variable backgrounds (and higher res, too).  This one they could fix.  Oh, and Four) There is no way to switch the flipper buttons to the triggers, you have to use the shoulder buttons.  It just doesn't feel right.  Maybe it's a faster response, though.

But if you like pinball (even if you're terrible at it, like me), this is fantastic.  The amount of detail in the options and history and tips and tweaks is just incredible.

Yeah Zen has always been better about the video game aspect of these games, while Farsight has the better physics and the real world tables.   Zen 2 is due out Christmas eve now, I guess they thought better of two pinball games on the same day.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1935 on: December 18, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »

Zen Pinball 2 was actually released for the PS4 in Europe today. I just finished installing it and importing all my tables. smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 18, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 18, 2013, 03:48:47 PM

I see what you did there and bestow on you one

icon_lol

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 18, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

Zen Pinball 2 was actually released for the PS4 in Europe today. I just finished installing it and importing all my tables. smile

Was that import process smooth?  I know the PS Blog had an article on the process, but curious if it was easy enough that you don't even need to bother reading it.  They did make it sound like if you wanted a table to be available for PS3, that you should buy it on that version and import it over instead of buying on PS4 and trying to import to PS3.  I own most of the tables and honestly, I would probably never go back to playing the PS3 version, but I also like to do things the best way.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1938 on: December 18, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 18, 2013, 06:57:45 PM

Was that import process smooth?  I know the PS Blog had an article on the process, but curious if it was easy enough that you don't even need to bother reading it.  They did make it sound like if you wanted a table to be available for PS3, that you should buy it on that version and import it over instead of buying on PS4 and trying to import to PS3.  I own most of the tables and honestly, I would probably never go back to playing the PS3 version, but I also like to do things the best way.

It was pretty smooth. I just hit square, and the game brought up each individual DLC pack I owned in turn, allowing me to "purchase" it for free on the PS4 while the game was still running. The packs didn't start downloading automatically though, so I probably missed something. Another run through the import process let me download each pack, and they were activated in the game whenever each pack was installed. No need to restart. The downloads were quick too, as is par for the course on the PS4 at the moment.

I discovered that I'm missing the latest set of Star Wars boards. I'm probably going to boot up the PS3 version and buy them there just to make sure I get it on all three platforms (PS3, Vita and PS4).
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 18, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 18, 2013, 07:16:07 PM

It was pretty smooth. I just hit square, and the game brought up each individual DLC pack I owned in turn, allowing me to "purchase" it for free on the PS4 while the game was still running. The packs didn't start downloading automatically though, so I probably missed something. Another run through the import process let me download each pack, and they were activated in the game whenever each pack was installed. No need to restart. The downloads were quick too, as is par for the course on the PS4 at the moment.

I discovered that I'm missing the latest set of Star Wars boards. I'm probably going to boot up the PS3 version and buy them there just to make sure I get it on all three platforms (PS3, Vita and PS4).

And what's the process for transfering all of the purchased tables over from the 360?

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 19, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 18, 2013, 11:41:33 PM

Quote from: TiLT on December 18, 2013, 07:16:07 PM

And what's the process for transfering all of the purchased tables over from the 360?
Well first you add funds to your PSN account...  icon_frown
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 19, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »

This is pretty neat

Celebrating gaming firsts across the PS4's launch line-up, First to Greatness tasks gamers in the PS4 community with completing 64 challenges in 11 different games, including Assassin's Creed IV, Killzone, Knack, Injustice, and DC Universe Online, to name a few. The challenges themselves run the gamut, ranging from completing a no-scope kill with the AMR in Blacklight: Retribution, to catching a wink from Lady Liberty in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. Some are fairly simple, while others are extremely tough to pull off
The first player to complete a challenge, capture it on video using the DualShock 4's share button, and submit their clip gets featured in the top slot for each achievement. That's certainly one way to earn some heavy-duty gloating rights among your online pals.

They are kind of fun to watch and I don't even have a PS4.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 23, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »

Well this is a new twist on a celebrity endorseement...
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 24, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

My wife let me open up my PS4 under the tree early time to check this out.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 25, 2013, 10:16:01 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on December 24, 2013, 04:40:12 PM

My wife let me open up my PS4 under the tree early time to check this out.

Enjoy!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 25, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 23, 2013, 02:27:37 PM

Well this is a new twist on a celebrity endorseement...

I figured he would have been an Xb180 guy with the previous voice work and all.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
JayDee

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1946 on: December 25, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »

Got the new PS4 up and running without issue. Except that apparently my email address is already in use so I can't use it to create a new PSN account. But this is my first Sony product so that's impossible. I tried to change the password but the authentication check is your birth date and of course it doesn't match what's in their system. I bet you someone typo'd their email and created an account using mine instead.

Emailed customer support but o doubt anything will get done. I guess alternative is to create a brand new email address just for PSN? Annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1947 on: December 25, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on December 25, 2013, 07:01:53 PM

Got the new PS4 up and running without issue. Except that apparently my email address is already in use so I can't use it to create a new PSN account. But this is my first Sony product so that's impossible. I tried to change the password but the authentication check is your birth date and of course it doesn't match what's in their system. I bet you someone typo'd their email and created an account using mine instead.

Emailed customer support but o doubt anything will get done. I guess alternative is to create a brand new email address just for PSN? Annoying.

Is it a gmail address? Make an alias

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1948 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »

That is odd. Once you get over that hurdle have fun!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 25, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on December 25, 2013, 08:14:32 PM

It is.

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1950 on: December 25, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on December 25, 2013, 09:50:50 PM

It is.

A quick and easy but perhaps little-known trick is that in Gmail (and only gmail as far as I know) the period character is basically ignored in terms of username uniqueness.

In other words, without having to do anything extra or set anything up beforehand, emails sent to:

[email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
(and so on, for each permutation of where you put the dots)

will all arrive at the same mailbox, and you'll be able to create custom filters and rules based on each unique 'to:' address.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
JayDee

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1951 on: December 25, 2013, 11:51:58 PM »

I had no idea. I'll try that. Thanks!

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 26, 2013, 12:27:55 AM »

My wife got me a Skullcandy SLYR headset for Christmas.   I plugged it into the PS4 and the volume was dreadfully low.   I cranked the volume up to max on the little remote controller thing and still no luck.   I went into settings and the volume for the device showed at 50%, so I jacked it up to 100% and then it couldn't let me 'save' the settings.    Meaning every time I backed out of that screen and came back in they were at 50% still, and the headset never got any louder.

So I thought unplugging it (USB) from the PS4 and plugging it back in might help, but every time I did this the volume seemed to get even quieter without me being able to get the volume back up.

Any ideas?    My wife is pretty upset because her two big gifts for me seemed to have turned out to be busts (she got me a Pebble watch too that was dead on arrival).

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1953 on: December 26, 2013, 03:32:32 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on December 25, 2013, 10:55:36 PM

Quote from: JayDee on December 25, 2013, 09:50:50 PM

It is.

A quick and easy but perhaps little-known trick is that in Gmail (and only gmail as far as I know) the period character is basically ignored in terms of username uniqueness.

In other words, without having to do anything extra or set anything up beforehand, emails sent to:

[email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
(and so on, for each permutation of where you put the dots)

will all arrive at the same mailbox, and you'll be able to create custom filters and rules based on each unique 'to:' address.

You can also just do something like:

[email protected]

to make an alias for [email protected].  Then you can also set up filters for each of those aliases to have them go to a specific folder.  It's also handy to know where junkmail is coming from if it starts arriving at that specific alias. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 26, 2013, 03:48:08 AM »

Ugh. I'm pretty sure my f*&king console is defective. Half the time I don't get any sound after I boot up and it requires a reboot, and there have been multiple instances of the thing not connecting to the network. I also get these weird sound/video glitches during games. Anyone experience any of this?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 26, 2013, 03:49:37 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on December 26, 2013, 12:27:55 AM

My wife got me a Skullcandy SLYR headset for Christmas.   I plugged it into the PS4 and the volume was dreadfully low.   I cranked the volume up to max on the little remote controller thing and still no luck.   I went into settings and the volume for the device showed at 50%, so I jacked it up to 100% and then it couldn't let me 'save' the settings.    Meaning every time I backed out of that screen and came back in they were at 50% still, and the headset never got any louder.

So I thought unplugging it (USB) from the PS4 and plugging it back in might help, but every time I did this the volume seemed to get even quieter without me being able to get the volume back up.

Any ideas?    My wife is pretty upset because her two big gifts for me seemed to have turned out to be busts (she got me a Pebble watch too that was dead on arrival).

That's bizarre. I got nothing. Did you try other another headset? I'm pretty sure that it would be an issue with the headset itself though. Return and try another brand? Still takes the fun out of it. And a sad wife is a sad life...
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 26, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 26, 2013, 03:48:08 AM

Ugh. I'm pretty sure my f*&king console is defective. Half the time I don't get any sound after I boot up and it requires a reboot, and there have been multiple instances of the thing not connecting to the network. I also get these weird sound/video glitches during games. Anyone experience any of this?

Mines been running smooth as silk no problems.

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 26, 2013, 03:52:08 AM »

Hmmm I'm using my Astro a40s with no problems.

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 26, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 26, 2013, 03:48:08 AM

One time I got no sound but a simple switch to tv and back to hdmi 2 fixed it. Just a receiver handshake quirk. No graphics or audio issues here like that. When did you get it?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 26, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on December 26, 2013, 03:52:08 AM

Hmmm I'm using my Astro a40s with no problems.

Those connect via USB?   The Skullcandy had a USB connector, but also had two AV type connectors that were next to useless and made it unwieldy.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: