http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:25:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orbis. aka PlayStation 4? The rumors are put to rest.  (Read 57938 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1840 on: November 21, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »

Pre-loading is going to be interesting this time around. While the size of games are vastly increased, due to the built in tech in these consoles and expanded networks run by the corps, you're still going to get to playing in the same, or less amount of time.

Heck, both consoles will have background download and installs, as well as downloading late at night while in stand by mode, no action required.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 21, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 21, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

Quote from: Ridah on November 21, 2013, 08:21:58 PM

I look forward to seeing how Sony handles pre-orders of digital games. You know, pre-loading and all that.

They've been doing preloading for a while. In fact, I currently have Tearaway preloaded on my Vita. If I try to start it, it tells me that it's not the right date yet (it's released tomorrow).

Whoa really?  I didn't know you could preload. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1842 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 21, 2013, 07:27:32 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 21, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

I wouldn't say nothing.  I mean, after all, we did find you doing it for nothing humorous.

hell, that's why we like you.  you make us laugh

I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?

Tongue

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:20 PM »

I just threw my 500gig PS4 HDD into the PS3. Awesome upgrade. So now I have a 1Tb PS4 and a 500gig PS3. Gotta love the simplicity.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 22, 2013, 02:02:35 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 21, 2013, 10:38:42 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 21, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

Quote from: Ridah on November 21, 2013, 08:21:58 PM

I look forward to seeing how Sony handles pre-orders of digital games. You know, pre-loading and all that.

They've been doing preloading for a while. In fact, I currently have Tearaway preloaded on my Vita. If I try to start it, it tells me that it's not the right date yet (it's released tomorrow).

Whoa really?  I didn't know you could preload. 

They have been doing it for awhile in Europe. They have only done it once in the USA...Call of Duty: Ghosts.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »

Both BF4 and CoD had me start new campaigns, despite my having played through good intorductory chunks of both.  I was annoyed when I booted up CoD for the second time and only given the option to Start New Campaign, but when the same thing happened on BF4, I just about hit the roof.

Have I done something wrong?  Is this a known issue of some sort?  Is it PS4-related?  Seems odd that the exact same thing would happen to 2 different FPS games from 2 different companies.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1846 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

This is a dumb question, but are you sure you logged in with the same account? Saves are, as far as I know, tied to individual accounts.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1847 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 22, 2013, 09:14:23 PM

Both BF4 and CoD had me start new campaigns, despite my having played through good intorductory chunks of both.  I was annoyed when I booted up CoD for the second time and only given the option to Start New Campaign, but when the same thing happened on BF4, I just about hit the roof.

Have I done something wrong?  Is this a known issue of some sort?  Is it PS4-related?  Seems odd that the exact same thing would happen to 2 different FPS games from 2 different companies.
were there any patches that may have invalidated old saves?  I don't know but haven't played BF4 yet.
do you have more than one PSN account active on the machine?  that's about the only thing I can imagine that would affect your save games.  

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 22, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »

Also did you try downloading them from the "Cloud"?  You can do that from save management, they are all automatically backed up.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 22, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »

So there are 3 demos up now, Fifa, NBA Live, and Trine 2.  Trine 2 supports 3d too, and it's gorgeous.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 22, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »

I will check the cloud, but why aren't they on the HDD?  I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the bigger one I put in there.  I don't see why it would, though.

Only one account on the PS4, BTW.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 22, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »

BF4 has some bug where the save gets corrupted and you have to start over.  I wouldn't play the SP at all until a fix is released.  Even just playing MP my profile save has been corrupted 3 times due to crashing.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 22, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 22, 2013, 10:09:47 PM

BF4 has some bug where the save gets corrupted and you have to start over.  I wouldn't play the SP at all until a fix is released.  Even just playing MP my profile save has been corrupted 3 times due to crashing.

Yeah, I get a crash going to battlelog every time.  Maybe it's related, somehow.

I checked ghosts, and that seems to have saved fine this time.  Weird that it was e same problem in two different games, though.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 22, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

Good god what a mess BF4 is, the only thing I have heard about it is how buggy it is. Not good EA. I would have bought it too, but now I'm not sure.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: November 22, 2013, 11:15:16 PM »

My review for Knack: http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/falling-apart-knack/

Ugh.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 23, 2013, 07:12:38 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 22, 2013, 10:42:40 PM

Good god what a mess BF4 is, the only thing I have heard about it is how buggy it is. Not good EA. I would have bought it too, but now I'm not sure.

The worst part is that it's been my favorite of the FPS games so far.  But, yeah, MP is impossible to get into and now this crap.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 23, 2013, 12:33:32 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 16, 2013, 11:08:43 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 16, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

I really like interface so far, more than the 360's in fact.

I sold my 360 (original version) for $90, seemed like a good deal (especially considering the trade in at GS is $30).

Also sold FIFA 14 for $30.   

Made the overall expenditure for the PS4 even better. smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was the 360 with or without the HD included?

50 gig hd included.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 27, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

This may be old news but its a good little reminder

If you are not planning on getting a PS4 just yet,but you ARE a PS+ member,you can still claim your free PS+ PS4 games

GameInformer
When the PlayStation 4 launched on November 15, it brought with it two PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection titles. Resogun and Contrast are available right now, but what if you want to make the most of your PlayStation Plus membership without the console?

Thanks to Sony’s online PlayStation Store portal, you can. Just sign in, add the two titles to your cart, and check out. When you get a PlayStation 4, you’ll have the licenses for those titles available to you (provided you’re still a PlayStation Plus member).

PS4 is not out yet in UK(so i can't get the page up for me),not sure what will be available,probably the same titles with it being the new console an all

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 27, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »

yep, I do that for all the free games, just in case.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 28, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »

FYI - Sony switching off some PlayStation Network features for the European PS4 launch. Temporarily. Same as they had to do in the States.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1860 on: November 29, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »

The PS4 is mine! biggrin Got it all set up with just about everything fully installed and patched. This will be one great weekend. smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1861 on: November 29, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

congrats!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1862 on: November 29, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »

Thanks! The shortages here in Norway are absurd. I haven't heard about any stores in the entire country getting as many consoles as my local Game got (61), and all of those were preordered. They said that anyone who had preordered before August would get one at launch from them, while the rest would have to wait. Some places operate with the middle of June as the cutoff date. People probably won't be able to walk into a store to buy a PS4 until February/March at the earliest.

It's pretty obvious that this was a deliberate choice by Sony made after Microsoft decided to stay out of the Nordic countries this year. Before Microsoft announced that they'd only launch across 13 countries in 2013, Sony had told us that there'd be more than enough consoles for everyone at launch day. That tune changed pretty suddenly, despite Sony not having had any production problems at all. They took the stock that was meant for us and shuffled it off to countries that had competition with the Xbox One instead.

I'm glad I preordered in June, or I would have had to wait as well.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 29, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

How aggressive are the marketing campaigns for the two consoles in Norway?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 29, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 29, 2013, 11:38:15 AM

The PS4 is mine! biggrin Got it all set up with just about everything fully installed and patched. This will be one great weekend. smile
power outage in 3...2....1.....

Tongue

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1865 on: November 29, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 29, 2013, 04:20:52 PM

How aggressive are the marketing campaigns for the two consoles in Norway?

Xbox One obviously isn't advertised at all, considering Microsoft hasn't even bothered to commit to some kind of release date. 2014 is all we know. As for Sony, I expect they're doing something, but since I don't watch regular TV I don't really catch up with ads.

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2013, 04:22:43 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 29, 2013, 11:38:15 AM

power outage in 3...2....1.....

Tongue

I hardly even know what that is. Power outages are extremely rare in this country, only really happening when cables are cut or power poles are blown over by wind. It's been years since the last time I had that happen in my home.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 29, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »

My wife picked up 2 PS4s from Target on Tues can't open it till Christmas one is mine the other for my son. What must have games if any should I pick up?

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 29, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »

Quote from: pingwrx on November 29, 2013, 07:03:50 PM

My wife picked up 2 PS4s from Target on Tues can't open it till Christmas one is mine the other for my son. What must have games if any should I pick up?

Definitely AC4.

If you like soccer at all, Fifa 14.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 29, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 29, 2013, 07:31:37 PM

Definitely AC4.

If you like soccer at all, Fifa 14.
AC4 is great.  If you like arcade style racers, Need for Speed Rivals has been a big hit in my home.  If you're a PS+ member, Resogun is a really cool Defender-like cylindrical space shooter.   
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 29, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »

I've officially got $100 put aside for mine. $300 to go. Hoping Santa Claus brings some Christmas money. smile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1870 on: November 29, 2013, 10:52:29 PM »

It was my intention to play a variety of games on the PS4 today, but I ended up getting sucked into AC4, leaving only half an hour each with Killzone, Lego Marvel and Flower early on. I keep having to stop and admire the crystal clear graphics. 1080p makes a huge difference to me. Amazingly, the last patch for AC4 seems to have pretty much eliminated most aliasing artifacts, which makes things like ropes look great in motion when they would have been a flickering mess at lower resolutions.

Looking forward to messing around some more with this thing tomorrow. It's been an extremely pleasant experience so far.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 29, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 29, 2013, 10:52:29 PM

It was my intention to play a variety of games on the PS4 today, but I ended up getting sucked into AC4, leaving only half an hour each with Killzone, Lego Marvel and Flower early on. I keep having to stop and admire the crystal clear graphics. 1080p makes a huge difference to me. Amazingly, the last patch for AC4 seems to have pretty much eliminated most aliasing artifacts, which makes things like ropes look great in motion when they would have been a flickering mess at lower resolutions.

Looking forward to messing around some more with this thing tomorrow. It's been an extremely pleasant experience so far.

Yeah, AC 4 is gorgeous.

On another note, does anyone know how to turn the controller's light off? I'm about to take ducktape to it...

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 29, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Yeah, AC 4 is gorgeous.

On another note, does anyone know how to turn the controller's light off? I'm about to take ducktape to it...
Use painters tape not ducctape, shouldn't leave any residue when you remove it.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 29, 2013, 11:17:14 PM »

You got a keeper there. icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1874 on: November 29, 2013, 11:57:19 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 29, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

Quote from: Ridah on November 29, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Yeah, AC 4 is gorgeous.

Use painters tape not ducctape, shouldn't leave any residue when you remove it.

Painters tape leaves residue. Its not supposed to be left for more than a couple hours (at least those sold here).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: November 30, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on November 29, 2013, 11:17:14 PM

You got a keeper there. icon_lol

Yea my wife is a keeper she was able to hunt down a wii a few years ago when none were to be found. icon_biggrin

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 30, 2013, 02:31:17 PM »

I'm surprised that there are  no 24 hours numbers from Europe yet. Surely they must be pretty good. Is Sony waiting until everyone gets back from the weekend?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 02, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 30, 2013, 02:31:17 PM

I'm surprised that there are  no 24 hours numbers from Europe yet. Surely they must be pretty good. Is Sony waiting until everyone gets back from the weekend?

PS4 beats Xbox One at UK launch, becomes region's fastest-selling console ever

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 02, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 30, 2013, 02:31:17 PM

I'm surprised that there are  no 24 hours numbers from Europe yet. Surely they must be pretty good. Is Sony waiting until everyone gets back from the weekend?

I have some numbers for the UK

Lifetime UK sales of the PS4(released last Friday) have surpassed lifetime UK sales for the Wii U(released last November)

250,000 PS4s were sold in the UK in 48hrs,Xbox One when released sold 150,000 in the first 48hrs(which now makes Wii U 3rd place already in UK)

PS4 has become the fastest selling console in UK history taking over the PSP(which was 185,000 in first 3 days)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/440925/uk-ps4-sales-surpass-wii-us-lifetime-total/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/440897/ps4-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-uk-history/

EDIT: god damn it,although i did leave the post lingering while i was reading the articles

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 02, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »

biggrin

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: