http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orbis. aka PlayStation 4? The rumors are put to rest.  (Read 64628 times)
TiLT (+ 1 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »

somebody might be new to the internet...  ninja
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1641 on: November 15, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »

He was being iconic. Or was that icolonic.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 15, 2013, 11:37:35 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 15, 2013, 11:22:34 PM

Umm, that doesn't sound like beyond a clusterfuck, AA. Annoying is what I got out of your post. Or was it sarcasm?
Failed the humor check.
I'm curious about the different charging cable. Does it use micro usb rather than mini?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1643 on: November 15, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »

Anybody else playing Knack?  Want to be friends on PSN?  (once it comes up, of course)  

It seems like the collectibles are supposed to be much easier to get if you have friends to combine stuff with, and if you're just playing alone you're unlike to get more than 1/4 of the unlock/upgrade thingies.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 15, 2013, 11:48:42 PM »

Sure, add me, Teggygah. I'll probably try it out later tonight.

You can also play the iOS game to get parts if you have an iphone/ipad.

So, I'm sad to say that while the DS4 triggers are a huge improvement, they are not the perfection I was lead to believe by the previews. If I hold a 360 controller, my fingers naturally fall on the triggers. If I hold the DS4, my fingers naturally fall right between the R1 and R2 buttons. This means that I have to slightly stretch my fingers when using the triggers and it feels a little awkward. Maybe it's just the shape of my hands, but it was a bit of a bummer.

Oh, and Killzone SP is kind of hard. I need to learn how to play the game.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 15, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 15, 2013, 11:37:35 PM

Umm, that doesn't sound like beyond a clusterfuck, AA. Annoying is what I got out of your post. Or was it sarcasm?
Failed the humor check.
I'm curious about the different charging cable. Does it use micro usb rather than mini?

I never know anymore, sorry, ignore me. icon_smile
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1646 on: November 15, 2013, 11:50:59 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 15, 2013, 11:48:42 PM

Sure, add me, Teggygah. I'll probably try it out later tonight.

You can also play the iOS game to get parts if you have an iphone/ipad.

Cool, I'll add you.  Oh, my name is Machane on PSN. 

I don't have an iOS device to play that app.   icon_confused  I have an Android Nexus tablet and a Windows 8 phone. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 15, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »

It's supposed to be coming "soon" for Android.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 16, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »

Well it's after 7 here and still not delivered.  UPS chat support says it's not lost and confirmed on truck, I'm not sure I believe him though.  May still show up tonight theoretically.  The kicker is it's been in my town since 10pm last night...
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 16, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 16, 2013, 12:15:36 AM

Well it's after 7 here and still not delivered.  UPS chat support says it's not lost and confirmed on truck, I'm not sure I believe him though.  May still show up tonight theoretically.  The kicker is it's been in my town since 10pm last night...

It's not uncommon for my UPS guy to be here around 7. As long as it's not FedEx you are good. I have had FedEx drivers run out of time a few times and fail to deliver. That has never happened with UPS, if it's on truck it shows up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: November 16, 2013, 12:30:10 AM »

So, what's the easiest way to know when PSN is back up?  Trying to create my account and it's down:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1651 on: November 16, 2013, 12:33:36 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 16, 2013, 12:30:10 AM

So, what's the easiest way to know when PSN is back up?  Trying to create my account and it's down:

Yeah, I'm not really sure.  I keep trying to sign in randomly and now I'm getting different errors instead of the "down for maintenance" error.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 16, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »

http://www.joystiq.com/ front page has the network status for various game services.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1653 on: November 16, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »

Actually, I found this for PSN network status: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1654 on: November 16, 2013, 01:10:42 AM »

Cable *is* standard - micro-usb is the standard cable now - even Apple had to kowtow to it (EU union ruled that all new smartphones had to conform so people weren't tossing away perfectly good phone chargers simply because of the connector - that's the only reason you see iPhone adapters and IIRC they're forced to include it in EU countries).

Xbox One also uses Micro USB. I don't know if the DS4 transfers data through it though - the XB1 switches from wireless to wired when plugged in.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 16, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »

I was able to create an account finally smile

EA Servers appear to be down now though. 

Time to play AC4 then.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:51 AM »

Scratch that, it was me. 

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: November 16, 2013, 02:52:06 AM »

So, how is the PS4 camera?

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 16, 2013, 03:02:48 AM »

So not delivered UPS is terrible, they want to deliver it Monday.  I offered to go to the depot, 5 minutes from my house where it is located according to tracking, and get it.  "we're sorry sir it's not at that depot"  well why does your tracking site say that it is!  If UPS can actually figure out where it is, I will again see if I can just go pick it up tomorrow.  Also seeing if Amazon can update it for Saturday delivery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 16, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »

the UPS driver has it, and is taking it for a test drive.  seriously though, looking at Amazon's customer forums you're not the only one.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 16, 2013, 03:18:30 AM »

Or was it sarcasm?

it's his own special blend of sAArcAAsm.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2013, 03:17:24 AM

the UPS driver has it, and is taking it for a test drive.  seriously though, looking at Amazon's customer forums you're not the only one.
Yeah there's a bunch of people on GAF with the same issue.  I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow, it aggravates me that their tracking information is just a bunch of bullshit though.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: November 16, 2013, 03:55:04 AM »

sucks to hear that. 

I got it set up, saw that the PSN is only capable of updating the machine and could not let me sign in or create a new account, and played about the first 20 minutes or so of AC4, up through the first non-piratey sequence.  I may need to push through with AC3 or break down and watch the ending on youtube as it makes little sense.

game looks pretty damn awesome, but I can already see that the engine is a souped up current gen.  it's nice, but not wow-worthy.  I've got KZ and will try that and BF later.  I can already see that pirates and assassins is a great combo and will probably play the majority of this first. 

we decided to keep Lego Marvel out of circulation for the kids' xmas present, which is good as we already have one more gift covered, but bad as I was kind of looking forward to playing it. 

Still undecided on whether to keep NBA 2K14.  great reviews, but it's not my usual type of game.  really wish that I had NFS now instead of having to wait. 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1663 on: November 16, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »

One thing I've noticed so far is that the PS4 is QUIET. I mean seriously crazily quiet. My ceiling fans make more noise than the thing does. No high pitched whine, no hum, no much of anything. If it wasn't for the light on the console's top you'd swear it wasn't even on.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:14 AM »

I seeing increasingly large numbers of people on various websites experiencing a "blue light of death" with their new PS4 units. Some go bad after a few hours of play, others are bad right out of the box:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Battlefield-Launch-Day-Bundle-4/product-reviews/B00DE2W5XG/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_link_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending

Any chance this is just software related, or does there indeed seem to be a large number of defective units in the first batch?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 16, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 16, 2013, 05:11:21 AM

One thing I've noticed so far is that the PS4 is QUIET. I mean seriously crazily quiet. My ceiling fans make more noise than the thing does. No high pitched whine, no hum, no much of anything. If it wasn't for the light on the console's top you'd swear it wasn't even on.

My fan has been going loudly all day
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 16, 2013, 07:27:10 AM »

So far my favorite thing is being able to click the PS button and drop to the main page, click again and go back.  So slick!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: November 16, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 16, 2013, 03:29:01 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2013, 03:17:24 AM

Yeah there's a bunch of people on GAF with the same issue.  I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow, it aggravates me that their tracking information is just a bunch of bullshit though.

That sucks man. If it helps, try to imagine how I'm feeling all the way across the Atlantic as I read all these first impressions. Tongue
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 16, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »

I haven't experienced any issues and have been impressed with PSN's performance. I downloaded Resogun, Blacklight, and a few apps quite quickly. I also played coop Resogun with voice chat and it was perfect. Very happy so far.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1669 on: November 16, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »

I did finally get logged into PSN, but haven't been able to connect to the store all day or night.  Hopefully tomorrow things are going more smoothly and I can grab those other games to try them out.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 16, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »

I heard that not only can you plug any regular headset into your controller but you can do the same with any pair of headphones and have the sound play through that rather than your TV. That is awesome. For the PS3 I bought a special headset with about a 3m cord to deal with the noise situation but it was such a pain to plug into the TV and unplug that I rarely used it. If I can just grab by JVC cellphone headphones that are lying on the couch next to me and plug them into my controller then that is pretty awesome.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1671 on: November 16, 2013, 12:38:44 PM »

The sound quality when doing so is supposedly very good as well.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 16, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »

To clarify, you're saying I can plug any headset into the controller, turn my receiver down and hear all game sound through the headset?  That is fantastic news.  Playing AC4 last night and hearing the f bomb dropped a few times concerned me a bit (6 and 3 year olds in the house).

PSN was rock solid for me last night as well.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 16, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »

My only complaints so far:

1.  the included 'headset' is really crappy
2.  The interface could be better
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 16, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »

I wasn't asked if I wanted to upload any saves to the cloud like on the PS3...is it automatic now?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 16, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »

I'm sure the headset is probably quite crap but being able to use pretty much any headset or earphones you have lying around should take the sting out of it a bit.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 16, 2013, 02:28:15 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2013, 02:07:59 PM

I wasn't asked if I wanted to upload any saves to the cloud like on the PS3...is it automatic now?

I was wondering this same thing.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 16, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 16, 2013, 02:28:15 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2013, 02:07:59 PM

I was wondering this same thing.

There are settings for this... and it defaults to 'On'.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 16, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »

If you have two controllers, can you plug headphones into both of them and use that for audio when watching a movie?  If the wife and I can do that instead of buying two expensive wireless headphones, that would be fantastic.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 16, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 16, 2013, 02:44:05 PM

If you have two controllers, can you plug headphones into both of them and use that for audio when watching a movie?  If the wife and I can do that instead of buying two expensive wireless headphones, that would be fantastic.

Do you want this so your kid can sleep?  Do you guys use a noise maker?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: