It looks like we didn't have a topic for this one so I figured I'd start it.
Anyway, this is basically a multiplayer third person shooter with some melee combat and such. It launched in Early Access, never got to the point of being a PlanetSide-type game as the original lead designer had said it would be (he is now gone), but it has some semblance of a map where matches determine which faction owns territory.
They are starting to launch an additional free-to-play version of the game, and I just got a free Steam key
for the "soft launch" of their Free Carnage version whic is totally up for grabs because I got the old paid version in a bundle. PM me if you want it.
Anyway, here's what's in the Free Carnage version:
We are very excited to introduce a free version of Eternal Crusade, a limited version of the game previously known as Free to Waaagh! We've made several enhancements to our original vision, and are happy to announce the following in our free version:
- All factions are playable
- All classes are playable except the Assault class
- Purchased RTC counts towards upgrading to the full Premium version
- Progression is 1/3 of the premium version and the remaining progression is banked as you play
- Banked progression is unleashed when you upgrade